Broadband Upgrade 1Mbps to 2Mbps

PTCL has upgraded data rate of 1 Mbps customers to 2 Mbps without any additional charges till 31st May 2012. PTCL 1 Mbps Broadband customers can now enjoy 2 Mbps data rate at the price of 1 Mbps data rate till 31st May 2012. After the expiry of the promotional period, normal tariff of 2 Mbps “Rs. 1,499” will be applicable.

This promotion will not be applicable on Broadband student package. This promotion will also exclude customers who are currently on packages like double up, double impact and triple play packages along with the customers who opted out of the promotion last year, and whose line currently does not support 2 Mbps speeds.

hmmm

2mb_BB_pb.jpg

Source: http://ptcl.com.pk/related_pages.php?pd_id=111&rp_id=201

this is the 2nd time they have given out this promotion.. i wonder whats the catch!!

I'm also on 1MB, but getting this speed

1835956225.png

[quote=“sykosocket, post:4, topic:16710”]

this is the 2nd time they have given out this promotion… i wonder whats the catch!!
[/quote]

After the expiry of the promotional period (which is 31st May 2012), normal tariff of 2 Mbps “Rs. 1,499” will be applicable. Which means you will have to call them before 31st May 2012 and ask them to revert you back to 1mbps otherwise you will get inflated bill.

They have upgraded my 2Mb to 4Mb without any notice.

[quote=“TechMan, post:6, topic:16710”]

After the expiry of the promotional period (which is 31st May 2012), normal tariff of 2 Mbps “Rs. 1,499” will be applicable. Which means you will have to call them before 31st May 2012 and ask them to revert you back to 1mbps otherwise you will get inflated bill.

[/quote]

How nice of them yeah? :rolleyes:

and my 1mb hasnt been upgraded yet ...

r u on student package. !!!

no its a normal package ..

PTCL 1Mbps DSL Upgraded to 2Mbps for Free

PTCL has decided to upgrade 1Mbps DSL broadband package holders to 2Mbps till May 31st, 2012 for free.

After the expiry of the promotional period, normal tariff of 2 Mbps “Rs. 1,499” will be applicable.

Price for 1Mbps DSL broadband is now Rs. 1,250.

It merits mentioning here that you can downgrade back to 1Mbps during the promotional period (if upgraded automatically) or you can opt not to be upgraded if asked, however, after May 31st – if not downgraded – you will be charged usual 2Mbps rates.

PTCL said this promotion will not be applicable for:

• Broadband student package holders.
  • Those customers who are currently on packages like double up, double impact and triple play packages
  • Those customers who opted out of the promotion last year,
  • Those customers whose line currently does not support 2 Mbps speeds.

Below are the PTCL Broadband packages available for customers:
    • 1Mb @ Rs 1,250
    • 2Mb @ Rs 1,499
    • 4Mb @ Rs 1,999
    • 6Mb @ Rs 4,999
    • 8Mb @ Rs 6,999
    • 10Mb @ Rs 9,999

Who has the time to convert back to 1mb after their silent upgradation.This is how they loot customers.

hi

i m on Student Package yet i m upgraded to 2MB, my router page is showing 2mbps for down and 512 for up..

i have noticed it today,

so what is the catch?

will they charge me for student package?

1mb is more then enough for me,, no need for any more speed,,

how can i avoid being riped by PTCL

isnt their any body org that sues ptcl for such unethical practicesand aloso i do no notice any speed improvements,,my speed is still 100-115 KBps...

[quote=“jhagra, post:14, topic:16710”]

hi

i m on Student Package yet i m upgraded to 2MB, my router page is showing 2mbps for down and 512 for up…

i have noticed it today,

so what is the catch?

1mb is more then enough for me, no need for any more speed,

isnt their any body org that sues ptcl for such unethical practicesand aloso i do no notice any speed improvements,my speed is still 100-115 KBps…

[/quote]

From where u r

[quote=“jhagra, post:14, topic:16710”]

hi

i m on Student Package yet i m upgraded to 2MB, my router page is showing 2mbps for down and 512 for up…

i have noticed it today,

so what is the catch?

1mb is more then enough for me, no need for any more speed,

isnt their any body org that sues ptcl for such unethical practicesand aloso i do no notice any speed improvements,my speed is still 100-115 KBps…

[/quote]

Your router admin page is showing your sync speed not the actual speed, to know how much d/l speed you are getting download some file via idm or test it at Speedtest!

my down speed has increased a bit,,.

earlier my speed was 100-17kbps stable..

now it is 110 to max 1230kbps...

my main concern is to not being billed for 2mbps connection.,, i m happy with 1mbps,,

router page is still showing 2048kbps

how can i make certain that i m not upgraded?

here is speed test results..

its reporting very high speed .. i have nevere seen speed above 125 stable,,

1856896086.png

Thats my speedtest of 2mb connection upgraded from 1mb

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1862713063.png and the worse thing is one day i call ptcl cs and i said that my speed is not going full 2mb my speed is going 1.6MBPS/1.7MBPS at speedtest.net than they said u can only use 60% of your current bandwidth than i said when i was on 1mb before this upgrade my speed is going fine 1.20MBPS/1.00MBPS at speedtest.net they have no answer and again they said you can only use 60% of your current bandwidth.Anyone has this problem after this upgrade

^ Thats not a problem with upgrade. Their "mbps" means 100kb / sec

1.75mbps means 200 kb/sec which is okay.