Broadband over power lines

How far are we from it?

Too far

u can almost call this technology a flop not only in pakistan but in the whole world

in USA BPL was/is not allowed coz it interferes with alot of things

like radio frequencies

and the power companies

dont want to become ISPs

Plus it sounds dangerous :D.

too far and walking backwards :D

It is working in Egypt...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

u can almost call this technology a flop not only in pakistan but in the whole world

in USA BPL was/is not allowed coz it interferes with alot of things

like radio frequencies

and the power companies

dont want to become ISPs

[/quote]

I feel its too early to call it a flop…

maybe but even the FCC backed BPL

and when it didnt work they were slamed by the US Government

How far are we from it?
[/quote]

if it works then

when light goes dsl goes…

and due to faulty lines of wapda!! no way!!

with all those kunda taken from the polls i think they will have to rewire the whole Karachi to make it work flawlessly and then

I think we should first wait for pakistan to build dams for electricity perhaps just 20+ years & than about BPL

I think we should first wait for pakistan to build dams for electricity perhaps just 20+ years & than about BPL
[/quote]

I agree, in the long run there is a possible prospect…Imagine Broadband eventually available at most places with electricity…

with all those kunda taken from the polls i think they will have to rewire the whole Karachi to make it work flawlessly and then
[/quote]

That is another very good point,BOPL gives an advantage of automatic meater reading option…May be thats a very good way of cutting down on line losses by getting rid of Kunda…

That is another very good point,BOPL gives an advantage of automatic meater reading option…May be thats a very good way of cutting down on line losses by getting rid of Kunda…

[/quote]

Forget tht.

PPl of Pakistan will get a kunda of Broadband instead Connection.

we will say then Net ka kunda

We all know Karachi mein kunda kind elaqoon mein kiski backing say hey lagta hey. The forum has a no politics policy so I won start MQM bashing. May be on another forum. If you think its difficult to control the kunda problem,trying putting one for yourself and authorities would chase yout o grave unless you pay the fine and stuff..

Having said that,technology is an answer to this and large scale industrial electricity theft all over the country...

kadddduuuuuuu

low price range of electricity is the answer to the electricity theft problum

here is device which make networking on electricity all over home

http://www.devolo.co.uk/uk_EN/produkte/dLAN/dlan200avwirelessgsk.html

it may be use to share connection too far away using kunda :D

Device looks pretty cool! :P