Bridge Power battries in Pakistan

http://bridge-power.com/

I am going to purchase new battries for my 12v Homage UPS I always prefer AGS this is a new brand in market.

If anyone has experience with these new battries please give me advice are they better than AGS?

Quality can easily be judged by the warranty time limit, if this battery comes with 6 month warranty, don't expect it to perform any better then other cheap brands including AGS (shittiest brand ever making batteries with recycled material)

how can we insure that the battery we are purchasing is original ......... becouse it is pakistan any it is very easy for people to mage batteries same as original at home

theres not much you can do except getting the warranty card with batteries

[quote=“tarique970, post:, topic:”]

http://bridge-power.com/

I am going to purchase new battries for my 12v Homage UPS I always prefer AGS this is a new brand in market.

If anyone has experience with these new battries please give me advice are they better than AGS?

[/quote]

Pheonix > AGS >>> Osaka >>>>>>>Exide.

AGS are one of the better brands available in pk right now...exide are the absolute worst.. even dealors will suggest you buy AGS as it has least complaints. and exides suck ass.

the life of a battery depends on the amount of load that is put on it and the quality of the UPS charging it..

same batteries lasted less than 1 year which shiitty UPS, same batteries bought at same time as previous mentioned have just recently started loosing charge after almost 3 years with a good UPS in our friends house.

Thanks all of you.

Farhan,

I noticed members of this forum are PHD in ups/battery i read your some posts i am really impressed. My problem is I can't understand your lengthy and technical post I have some question and I dont want to go in technical discussion please briefly answer me on the bases of your research.

OK Pheonix is best and AGS is good.

Q1. What you think about homage ups is it good for battery?

Q2. My load is less than 400 watts, I want to run one small farm factor PC (180W Power Supply) 1 Fan and 1 Energy Saver I have plan to buy APC UPS but there are so many models suggest some good models.

Q3. I want to run APC UPS with AGS battery do you think it is a good idea?

Q4. Tell me in simple words how to check my UPS is charging battery perfectly.

haah// :P

i am no PHD.. there are senior members here who know more than me. besides this is a tech forum. so everyone has good knowledge/

my own main field of interest are PC and Digital photograpghy, i know less about UPS and batteries compared to them..:)

1 - Pheonix and AGS are equally good. pheonix once had a bad lot made, as can any manufacturer, that is why people from 1 year ago usually complain about it.

2 - homage is just ok. people who had older models of homage are satisfied with it about 3-4 years ago. everyone after that has very negative things to say about their recent quality since it got started being manufactured in karachi.

3 - APC is by far one of the best ups available. you need a 24V 2 battery APC model to run your current load. check PM.

4 - AGS and APC are currently our best match to date. exides have failed where as AGS have lasted almost over 2 years with even APC.

5 - you need a DC clamp voltmeter for that. if you have that, then you can proceed with easy steps of checking everything related to electricity in all equipment in your house. Unitee makes excellent meters available in market., it has to be a DC Voltmeter...after that you need a 200rs hydrometer to check battery specific gravity. thats all.

^What about Volta and Force batteries.

My research is complete now here what i concluded.

1. Sinewave UPS is the best, modified sinewave good but squired wave is worst.

2. UPS charger is very important ampare should be between 12 to 20.

3. Switching time should be less than 5 ms if you want to run a computer.

APC UPS models above SUA1500i or XL have all these things but currently I have no budget to buy a good APC UPS in future i will replace my homage UPS with 1400XL or 2200VA model.

Please someone guide me if I am missing something and also please tell me is there anyway to reduce the switching time of homage UPS whenever wapda goes UPS restart my PC.

Volta are actually good.. i had used a Volta in past, and that was an excellent battery which lasted nearly 1.5 years on a desi ups, .and since volta is cheap you can get bigger capacity battery for less.. so again it is a win win..

as far as force is concerned, i dont know about them.. new brands take time to have enough user feedback to create an opinion.

Millat however is most recommended brand by resellers, and they say warranty is good in claim as well.. since everyone says its great, it must have something good in it.

Is it true that AGS doesn't make batteries above 200 AH ? Phoneix on the other hand has 260AH battery.. Are the number of plates equal or what?what am I missing?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Hello,

Yesterday i bought apc sua1500i ups. Now i want to buy 2 batteries. Have been using ags on 2 local made ups and m satisfied with the quality of ags.

Please guide me, what is the reputation of millat batteries and bridge power batteries

Thanks

if you are satisfied from AGS on LOCAL UPS then just buy AGS again and you will b happier in sha ALLAH more than bafore because this time you have APC and its charging system is awesome , and NOT like the desi ones .

^ thanks brother

in local,

AGS >Pheonix>volta>millat>>>>>>>>Exide>>Osaka as per previous year manufacturing processes

the acid poured in it plays the most vital role in battery life unless there is a manufacturing defect...acid should be cold, clean and of good quality

since you already have the apc ups, you should forcefully insist to them to NOT initial charge your batteries on their desi systems.. instead charge it yourself on your ups for entire night without any load on it and ups turned off for power out.. i.e, no green light on but ups is charging battery.. and no orange light on wapda off.

i decided to buy AGS GX 175 batteries. will my ups apc sua1500i support it.

thanks

[quote=“khuram89, post:16, topic:19094”]

i decided to buy AGS GX 175 batteries. will my ups apc sua1500i support it.

thanks

[/quote]It’s a best bet, go for it, yes APCs are supporting wet batteries as well.

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

So bought 2 x gx175. Installed the system. One thing i have noticed that when batteries are full, ups keeps on charging at 0.6A -0.7A (voltage 27.67), is it usual behaviour of apc ups, while on the other hand my old local made 12v ups cut of the charging at 14.4v and stop charging.

Plz let me know apc is workibg properly or not whether it will keep on charging the batteries and then burn them out with over voltage.

Thanks

Trickle Charging, nothing to worry, it's perfectly normal, just google 'trickle charging' and you will get a detailed answer

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

[quote=“khuram89, post:18, topic:19094”]

So bought 2 x gx175. Installed the system. One thing i have noticed that when batteries are full, ups keeps on charging at 0.6A -0.7A (voltage 27.67), is it usual behaviour of apc ups, while on the other hand my old local made 12v ups cut of the charging at 14.4v and stop charging. Plz let me know apc is workibg properly or not whether it will keep on charging the batteries and then burn them out with over voltage. Thanks

[/quote]

APC keeps batteries at float charge of 13.75V. the extra 0.1-0.3V is just to maintain that charge at full charg capacity.

you will notice that if you shut down your ups, your fully charged battery V will immediately drop to 13 and then 12.75V stable.

thats why the accurate method to maintain battery at full charge capacity is to provide a very little v across it to maintain the V to be a steady 13.75...this is not overcharging, this is float charge.

when this charge appears, it means battery is fully charged and will be in optimum working condition..