Branded pc are not convertable?

I heard 2nd hand branded pcs are not convertable, Is it true? I was just going for new unbranded pc but it was breaking my budget and someone told me that go for branded 2nd hand pc which will save ur 8k.

(UNBRANDED 1st hand cost is around 20k and branded 2nd hand cost is 11-12k)

is it mean if i will lose my ram or power supply then i will lose my pc.

^ what do u mean by unconvertable?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

its what i heard that if power supply will burn then i can’t change it or motherboard will not be available in the market or sometime it will be hard to find branded pc accessories.

The term is 'limited upgrade potential'. And yes, that can be a problem sometimes if damaged parts are not available.

Mostly u can change most of the parts if damaged.

if u mean by " Convertible", To convert the casing, then some branded pcs are convertible and some are not. it depends on the form factor. if it is small form factor, then it will be having small parts like small power supply and small motherboard which cannot be fit into another and any other cannot be fit in it. but all other items like Ram, processor and hard disk can be changed easily.

@sfarrukh

[/quote]

wth do u mean????

if u mean by " Convertible", To convert the casing, then some branded pcs are convertible and some are not. it depends on the form factor. if it is small form factor, then it will be having small parts like small power supply and small motherboard which cannot be fit into another and any other cannot be fit in it. but all other items like Ram, processor and hard disk can be changed easily.
[/quote]

so how i can know pc is not convertable. coz at this time i have this pc on trial base.

well the last time i checked the market was full (by full i mean really full, everyone was importing them) of these so called refurbished branded PCs so i don't think there will be any problem in finding parts

get hold of the tower version. almost all parts of it can be replaced. but check before buying, that ur existng accessories will work with the model ur buying

jalpari>>UNBRANDED 1st hand cost is around 20k and branded 2nd hand cost is 11-12k

hmm i have often seen in computer market people walking around trying to find this or that branded pc part,,that is a risk u might take

otherwise.......

a good new unbranded pc will cost u well below 20,000

here is a example of good new pc

combo dvd/cdrw 1200 rs

casing with normal power supply 1200rs

keyboard mouse rs 240

ram 1 gb ddr 2 rs1500

mobo d945 gclf intel+intel atom 230 1.6 procesor rs 5600 (with lan sound vga)

80gb sata seagate rs 2800

total 12540

(what else u want man)

(please buy at your own risk)

ram not an issue... processor not an issue... but the issue will be docking the power suppply cuz sumtimes branded pcs have differant docking holes... plus if u get an old randed pc the cashe of the processor will be low cuz they will be older p4 models...

and i still dont get wth do u mean by convertable....

Convertible as in putting parts of different brands there ... thats what I have gotten to know.

ram not an issue… processor not an issue… but the issue will be docking the power suppply cuz sumtimes branded pcs have differant docking holes… plus if u get an old randed pc the cashe of the processor will be low cuz they will be older p4 models…

and i still dont get wth do u mean by convertable…

[/quote]

so how to check docking power supply? and it is?

Now I have dell precision p4 what do u think is it convertable: plz check my link

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=46630

I heard DELL is easily convertable but IBM, sony and other brands create problem

well the last time i checked the market was full (by full i mean really full, everyone was importing them) of these so called refurbished branded PCs so i don’t think there will be any problem in finding parts
[/quote]

Im agree as i bought a branded PC (P3) and almost in three years i did’nt face any single problem.just upgraded ram 128 =>256 and there was not any problem to upgrade even for casing change.So go for used branded PC if u want to save ur budget