Branded Access. vs New Access

Aoa Everyone,

I want to to upgrade my ram and video card so weather I must go for new one or used branded one.....any suggestions......i have heard that branded accessories last longer than new ones is that true??

someone???guide me plz

Well fahad... it depends on your need and budget as well.

i have experienced both,new & used one's, but i found new one much better, they are more compatible as compared to branded ones. its true that new one's will cost you more but in return you get 10 months warranty in any incidence. So my suggestion are new accessories but they should be of some renowned manufacturer's :)

(if you go for used or branded one's than its up to you, but before purchasing them get it sured that they haven't gt repaired)

what is your budget. What kind of RAM? DDRII DDR3?

in any case buying 2nd hand ram is somewhat acceptable but for card always go for new one. My card went out of order last year after 8 months of usage and i got a new card of same model in less than 3 weeks.

Better safe than sorry.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Aoa Everyone,

I want to to upgrade my ram and video card so weather I must go for new one or used branded one…any suggestions…i have heard that branded accessories last longer than new ones is that true??

[/quote]

Even if you buy new RAM or video card it will be branded. For example Kingston or Corsair brand RAM is widely available in Pakistan.

I want to buy 1gb DDR 2 and 128mb AGP 4x video card....and my budget is 3000-3500 only.........

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I want to buy 1gb DDR 2 and 128mb AGP 4x video card…and my budget is 3000-3500 only…
[/quote]

In that case you will have to buy used. I think the RAM alone will cost around 1k to 1.5k and you’ll have to find a used graphics card. Just make sure that you run memtest before buying the RAM. You can download an ISO image for memtest at http://www.memtest.org, burn it to a CD and boot of that CD. Run at least 1 pass.

BTW what purpose will a 128mb AGP graphics card serve? It won’t play any games made in the last 2-3 years.