Brain NET DSL <<Stay away!>>

This was posted on WCCK Forums. General advisory for everyone to stay far far away from Brain NET until this matter is satisfactorily resolved. If anyone here uses Brain NET's DSL service, please call and confirm this limitation. I am quoting the original post as it appeared on WCCK Forums:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

http://www.wcck.net/forums/showpost.php?p=128014&postcount=41

Sadly I have come to know after a bitter experience lasting 10 days that Brain Net gives you only 3GB of downloads even though they advertise unlimited downloads....That's correct folks regardless of what anyone else says Brain Net reserves only 3GB for their 'unlimited' advertised accounts.

So I am in day 12th today and early in the morning I receive an sms message that my account was due for Rs. 2300. Confused I called up the local office only to be advised that the message is erroneous and that I should ignore it. Around 1pm my internet got disconnected and wouldn't connect again, Modem error message was "Authentication Failure"!

Called up the office again only to be told that they will fix it, 3 hours later I called them again and I was quite upset this time, demanded their address and told them I will pay them a visit to which they provided me the number of their toll free number and told me that they too contact the same number as the troubleshooting is only done in Lahore.

Called up the toll free number and the CSR told me that my account was blocked because of non payment, I told him it was impossible as I had already paid in advance for the whole month which started only 12 days ago, He checked again and then told me that my downloads had exceeded the set limit consistently hence the account was locked. The guy told me that he will restore the connection within 10 minutes.

Pretty upset with all the nuisance I called up the regional head of sales department, Mr. Ayaz told me that I was downloading too much and that they cannot keep my account any more. I told him that they had advertised unlimited downloads to which he gave me stupid excuses:

Ayaz: You are not downloading like a home user rather like a corporate user

Me: It does not matter how I download as you have advertised unlimited downloads.

Ayaz: But we have a 3GB Limit for home users (30GB for 1:10 shared connection)

Me: Then why haven't you mentioned the same and why do you advertise unlimited downloads?

Ayaz: 3GB Downloads are enough for any household that is why we advertise unlimited downloads. What do you download anyway?

Me: I download HD Movies off torrents, why do you not advertise a 3GB download limit? Why do you misguide customers like me, why do you think I pay almost Rs. 2400/month for a 2MB connection?

Ayaz: All ISP's do the same, your downloads will be restricted regardless of which ISP you use.

Me: That still does not justify your false advertisement which attracted me to you in the first place. Be also advised that I am an active member of quite a few Forums and I will post about your LIE. Please refund me for the days remaining.

Ayaz: Let me arrange that when I get back to office.

Brain Net advertisement about unlimited downloads is a fucking lie, Beware!

[/quote]

Stay aware and choose your service provider very very carefully.

Also posted on blog with additional comments: Stay Away from BrainNET's DSL Service!

What the hell do they mean by ''3gb is enough for home users''.

Why would anyone buy a 2 mbps connection? For browsing?

What were they thinking?

what the heck n F**K damn man if this true brainnet such a looser. GOSH really.

Brain Net need more market research

Brain Net is Brain Dead

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Brain Net is Brain Dead
[/quote]

:D LOL! Very apt.

some on using brain DSL here can confirm it please ??

Effing lame customer service. I called them to inquire/verify this and they kept passing me on to other people. After the sixth person, I dropped the call; I had had enough of their effed up treatment.

This news has spread quite a bit and I think, if they already know about this and the reaction they are getting, they would be trying to do damage control.

^ It is also possible that they might now actually allow unlimited downloading and say that it was a fake news. than what?

^ That is what I meant by damage control.

Long time ago i was a Dial up user of Brain and i had personal meetings with Basit Alvi and Shahid Alvi. Seeing from their nature i guess this news is true

^ Ok but who are basit alvi and shahid alvi?

Is there any existing Brain NET DSL customer who is facing 3GB limit? Please sue Brain NET :)

shud use their brain :D

Unlimited* bandwidth by Brain Tel

*We will tel you brain later that its not :P

basit alvi and shahid alvi are the owners of BRAIN Net

Yeah Yeah .. It would be nice to make a complain to PTA. hehe ..fooling innocent customers.

my first every dialup connection was from Brain NET ....i loved their company that time dont know why they r suc*king in their current DSL packages ...

^ saving money and generating revenues i guess

brainnet has been involved in multimillion rupee scandals before...

i have been close to this company a while ago, and the top management is just a bunch of unaware and money gathering typos. They will do anything to get money and thereby they don't focus on their company's repo.

Heck they got themselves 9 crores in a fiber optic scandal in which they fused a glass pipe with two heads at its ends and inserted fibers in them to look as if there were two cables! (After all they go caught)