Boycott(hold) Nov 2010 Electricity Bills Appeal

Video Link

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=161533133872128

FluxBB%20bbcode%20testhttp://lh4.ggpht.com/_TC1zgb9yj24/TKeJ1z3xjNI/AAAAAAAABC8/AHM_bjG-htM/s800/rsz_1electricbillnov2010.jpg

Video Link

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=161533133872128

damn good video man, another one below

network40ld.jpg

Network - "I'm as mad as hell" speech

to fix the system why we should destroy it completely ? i will pay the bill , if you want to bycot or want to protest first pay the bill of current month and then disconnect your electricity meter for next month and cancel your connection with WAPDA .. bill means the amount due on you for using some service ..its a crime

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

damn good video man, another one below

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3982/network40ld.jpg

Network - “I’m as mad as hell” speech

[/quote]

We also have Shahid Masood and Kamran Khan but we as a nation are ________________________.

Until and unless some real leader not leads these processions, we cannot expect change.

You can't shirk your responsibility by not paying the bill. I think campaigns like these are just giving people false hope. You have to pay for what you use and there is no avoiding that.

You can’t shirk your responsibility by not paying the bill. I think campaigns like these are just giving people false hope. You have to pay for what you use and there is no avoiding that.
[/quote]

@Xainnadeem, @rokra

This is exactly what they want, people keep paying the bills and they keep on increasing the unit rates, and adding unjustified fuel adjustment charges. (If you have watched the whole video, they says to hold your electricity bills only.)

@Syedali

Xainnadeem is right!

!برائ کو برائ نہیں بلکہ اچھائ سے روکا جاتا ہے

People can stop paying the bills and they will still increase charges! The very survival of the government of Pakistan is at stake! They will go to any length to satisfy the whims of the IMF because that is lifeline of the govt. If you read a bit about the macro-economic situation of Pakistan you'll realize that reducing govt. expenditure is absolutely necessary. So the electricity subsidy has to go and that means price increases.

People can stop paying the bills and they will still increase charges! The very survival of the government of Pakistan is at stake! They will go to any length to satisfy the whims of the IMF because that is lifeline of the govt. If you read a bit about the macro-economic situation of Pakistan you’ll realize that reducing govt. expenditure is absolutely necessary. So the electricity subsidy has to go and that means price increases.
[/quote]

I think most of the Pakistanis including me would have no issue paying increased utility bills and taxes if they know the extra funds are really utilized for saving Pakistan’s drowning economic condition, but this is not the case here, and all the money will go into the pockets of these blood suckers, they want to suck even the last drop of blood from you and run away from this country with leaving a collapsed economy.

So please all wake up, these innocent IMF and macro-economic situation excuses are what govt give us, but just think how we have reached here. We have to answer, they think you people are in a deep sleep so they have no limits of increasing the electricity tariffs.

I think, collectively HOLDING one month bill to register a protest is not a crime at all, this is just to show them that you are awake and they have to think over first, the next time they plan to increase the electricity tariff.

I think PTA will block this site soon after reading this thread. So better not to be a rebel.

its death dose.

I think, collectively HOLDING one month bill to register a protest is not a crime at all, this is just to show them that you are awake and they have to think over first, the next time they plan to increase the electricity tariff.

[/quote]

Imagine what will happen when you don’t pay your bill on time. Last month we misplaced our electricity bill and couldn’t pay it on time. We had to pay a Rs. 500 surcharge on a Rs. 6500 bill because of that. Imagine if 100,000 people don’t pay their bill on time. The cost of that surcharge is now magnified a 100,000 times and that is a huge loss to those consumers. KESC/WAPDA won’t mind because they will enjoy a windfall the following month! So who exactly will you be hurting by not paying your bill on time?

Imagine what will happen when you don’t pay your bill on time. Last month we misplaced our electricity bill and couldn’t pay it on time. We had to pay a Rs. 500 surcharge on a Rs. 6500 bill because of that. Imagine if 100,000 people don’t pay their bill on time. The cost of that surcharge is now magnified a 100,000 times and that is a huge loss to those consumers. KESC/WAPDA won’t mind because they will enjoy a windfall the following month! So who exactly will you be hurting by not paying your bill on time?

[/quote]

What will wapda do when 70%+ of the consumer don’t pay the bill for 6 months, will they just cut those connections ? You just need connections, I even know people who don’t pay any bill, get notice upon notice but their connections can’t be disconnected.

Companies survive on paying consumers.

would you rather have expensive electricity or no electricity at all? I'll pay my bill and you guys will have to too. If you think this will help, no, it wont. It will only make them richer with the fines OR they will cut your electricity and if someone wants to get a new connection its added $$$

@All

Ok, what do you suggest then, how to raise your voice against this unjustified tariff increase. Do keep in mind about the fact that our nation is very lazy, don't suggest anything like gathering somewhere for protest or doing something that needs physical effort.

^ Is it unjustified? I think rokra has already explained the government can not afford to keep providing electricity subsidies, unless you have some other light to shed on the matter I don't see what else can be done in the short term apart from raising tariffs.

I wonder if the IMF/WB/USA didn't give bailouts/aid would these subsidies have gone even sooner?

Expensive electricity should at least encourage people to conserve electricity.

lol

I think you guyz should do it practically and come on forum to tell its afteraffects. :)