Bought TV in Canada, NTSC to PAL conversion?

I am moving from Canada to Pakistan and recently bought a TV on sale. It is a LG LED smart TV (model 55LB6100). It supports multiple voltages so I know it will work, but will I be able to watch cable TV since this model only supports ATSC/NTSC? Are there NTSC/PAL converters available?

Alternatively, will digital TV services like NayaTel, World Call and PTCL Smart TV work?

Thanks,

M

as far as cable goes it will work but not sure about digital tv services.

P.S Why the hell you want to move to pakistan, buddy stay their even if you have to work in a bar/resturant, our economy is really not flourishing nowadays + electricity problem + bad security + greed + everything.

[quote=“MrKamran, post:2, topic:21814”]

as far as cable goes it will work but not sure about digital tv services.

P.S Why the hell you want to move to pakistan, buddy stay their even if you have to work in a bar/resturant, our economy is really not flourishing nowadays + electricity problem + bad security + greed + everything.

[/quote]

So I can watch regular analog cable on my TV? I know that things like Netflix won't work, though.

After all those things, it's still home!

@MrKamran some parents in USA Canada move back to Pakistan when their daughters turns 18 , you need to understand why

[quote=“mb38572, post:3, topic:21814”]

So I can watch regular analog cable on my TV? I know that things like Netflix won't work, though.

After all those things, it's still home!

[/quote]

yes you can watch that, yeah its still home but if you are young you should consider staying.

[quote="armada, post:4, topic:21814"]

@MrKamran some parents in USA Canada move back to Pakistan when their daughters turns 18 , you need to understand why

[/quote]

yeah i can understand this but be sure before moving back that you have dual nationality or something because it really helps when you just want to go back for a change.

P.S do you know the person posting?

almost All modern tvs are mutiregion.. only Digital FTA broadcast may sometimes be limited depending on frequency.. sometimes only

all tvs should have an RF/antenna input.. if your tv does, then it can view simple cable.. if it does have a proper cable input, even then you can connect cable to tv.

services like netflix require your IP to be based in canada Uk or US. if you can arrange a static ip, or trick it using a VPN or some ip changer, you may be able to run it..not sure, just an idea.

Chromecast works though.

digital tv services are locally available here with set top boxes.. DWN, Nayatel, Worldcall(i think), and PTCL has its IPTV.. you can also use DishTV and Tata Sky here.

there are only 1-2 FTA chanels here locally so not much of an incentive.

PS: Stay in canada.. to relieve your home sickness.. visit pk for 3 months between june july and august for summer vacations.. all your sickness will be healed.

[quote=“mb38572, post:, topic:”]

I am moving from Canada to Pakistan and recently bought a TV on sale. It is a LG LED smart TV (model 55LB6100). It supports multiple voltages so I know it will work, but will I be able to watch cable TV since this model only supports ATSC/NTSC? Are there NTSC/PAL converters available?

Alternatively, will digital TV services like NayaTel, World Call and PTCL Smart TV work?

Thanks,

M

[/quote]

I have similar but Samsung Plasma TV (Canadian model with NTSC tuner). On analog cable, I had used a Dany Tuner Device (available for around Rs. 1800) and used the VGA input of the TV. Unfortunately I couldn't find this Dany TV tuner device with HDMI out. Later I switched to Nayatel and their HD box had HDMI out so now the TV is working on HDMI.

Since your TV doesn't have a VGA input, I think you will have to use AV as input (if you use this Dany TV tuning device) or if you use Nayatel, you may use HDMI input of the TV.

PAL to NTSC converters are hard to find here and most of them will convert PAL AV to NTSC AV (Audio/Video, not RF). You actually need to convert RF PAL to RF NTSC. Remember that any converter will further degrade the signal.

There may be some hidden setting if you are able to get into service menu of the TV. Most manufacturers use universal tuners but lock the functionality to some region specific requirement.

With such a high end and big smart tv, the analog cable will be a horrible idea. Better get a Nayatel connection if you plan to settle in Islamabad or some kind of dish antenna.

^ @ last line.. ++1

i have been trying to get DWN or any digital service for home for family in lahore, since at 55inch HD screen , analogue cable looks very poor.. especially when seeing after watching any tom cruise movie in bluray..(clarity and colors are very high in his movies)..

but my ancient minded family is happy with watching crap-o-vision, worst than MMS scandal flv on youtube quality cable. than watch any digital,/expensive than 200rs per month tv..

their theory include.

1 - any tv format more than 200rs is blasphemy

2 - not every indian and pakistani cable channel can be had in any other single solution.. other than local cable.

FML..!!!!

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:8, topic:21814”]

^ @ last line.. ++1

i have been trying to get DWN or any digital service for home for family in lahore, since at 55inch HD screen , analogue cable looks very poor.. especially when seeing after watching any tom cruise movie in bluray..(clarity and colors are very high in his movies)..

but my ancient minded family is happy with watching crap-o-vision, worst than MMS scandal flv on youtube quality cable. than watch any digital,/expensive than 200rs per month tv..

their theory include.

1 - any tv format more than 200rs is blasphemy

2 - not every indian and pakistani cable channel can be had in any other single solution.. other than local cable.

FML..!!!!

[/quote]

get married, start your own family, then you will be free to emphasize and make your own rules.

^then i will be doomed by 2 govts ruling over same nation..

besides, i dont ever wach tv.. at all.. it was only for the benefit of family to watch good quality programs on their great tv..and even i am willing to buy the 10000rs digital service for them, they only need to pay for the subscription for themselves.

but........:(

I think our people need more quality IPTV services from these telecom companies, they must stop those money transfer crap thing and focus more on such digital services so everyone can enjoy quality entertainment...

In many regions mobile network operators provide IPTV services :(

^ strangely,, VERY strangely,... every thing said is 100% on the spot.. :wacko: :wacko:

Hello!

There is no analogue transmission in us and canada (apart from some community driven networks) as it has been discontinued ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_television_transition ... 'TV' is supposed to be digital there and so there is no need for an analogue tuner for those regions (exceptions may exist)! The tuner you are likely to have is the ATSC FTA tuner, but unfortunately there is no digital FTA channel here in Pakistan! Some european models though support DVB-C allowing clear QAM (unencrypted) digital cable to be watched here in Pakistan (tested working with worldcall's cable on a russian/central asian specific Samsung LED Tv before switching to DWN) ... so you might look up support for DVB-C for your specific model ... looks like a settop box (this term is outdated as you can't place the box on top of the set anymore) or rather a digibox would be required!

Another option would be to return the TV (if possible) or sell it and buy a new one here ... good ones are also available here and any cost difference (surely with sales you can get a cheaper one there) would be negligible considering all the hassle (not likely to be taxed if you have been living there for some time but there isn't going to be any warranty) of bringing it over!

Regards,

Ahmed

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/lg-electronics-lg-55-1080p-120hz-led-smart-tv-55lb6100-55lb6100/10292455.aspx

As Ahmed mentioned above, this TV doesn't have Analog tuner so you can not use it to watch local cable TV here. even its digital tuner will not work here. Either get a digital cable, IPTV or DWN box and connect them via HDMI or Component or use this LCD to watch blu-ray movies and put its "Smart" feature in good use.

OLX per bech do sab :)