Bought Sony Bravia BX300 LCD TV

Just bought Sony Bravia BX300 32" LCD TV from Sony display center in Saddar.

This one:

http://www.shophive.com/shophive/Sony-Bravia--KLV-32BX300-p-7312.pakistan.html

Price Rs. 41,600

Also got free Sony Dream Machine AM/FM radio with alarm clock. You might get a free DVD player, depends on what is written on your scratch card which is inside TV box.

I am very excited just like a child who gets a shiny new toy.

I guess it is 720p so I was wondering if there are sites that specifically deals with 720p movies in MPEG1 and MPEG2 formats (because it supports these two formats through USB drive). Or may be I can connect my laptop with (and watch movies in whatever format I like) it but I don't know which cable to use!?

Also what is the cost of HDMI cable?

Here are its complete specs, in case you are too lazy to click on above link.

Model

LCD Screen Size 32 inch (81cm), 16:9

TV System Analog: B/G, D/K, M, I

Colour System NTSC 3.58, NTSC 4.43 (AV in only), PAL, PAL60 (AV only), SECAM

Video Signal 480/60i, 480/60p, 576/50i, 576/50p, 720/50p, 720/60p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/60p (HDMI / Component), 1080/50p (HDMI / Component), 1080/24p (HDMI )

Picture

Display Resolution WXGA (1366 x 768)

Video Processing BRAVIA Engine 3

Backlight Module CCFL

Live Colour Yes

24P True Cinema Yes

Intelligent Picture Intelligent Picture Plus

MPEG Noise Reduction Yes

Viewing Angle 178

Screen Format TV: Full / Normal / Wide Zoom / Zoom, PC: Normal / Full 1 / Full 2

Picture Mode Vivid / Standard / Custom / Game-Standard / Game-Original

Audio

Sony Original Surround Simulated Surround

Sound Mode Dynamic / Standard / Clear Voice

Surround Mode Cinema / Music / Sports / Game

Stereo System NICAM, A2

Audio Output Power 20W (10W x 2)

Terminals

HDMI / Audio In 2 (1 Side/ 1 Rear)

USB 2.0 1 (Side) : Photo (JPEG), Music (MP3), Video (MPEG1, MPEG2 TS & PS)

Component / Audio In 1 (Rear, Composite Input Common Use)

Composite / Audio In 3 (1 Rear Monitor Out Common Use / 1 Rear, Component Input Common Use / 1 Side)

HD15 PC Input / Audio 1 (Side)

Audio Out 1 (Rear)

Other Features

BRAVIA Sync Yes

FM Radio Yes

Picture Frame Mode Yes (Also available at FM Radio mode)

Clock Yes

Sleep Timer Yes

On/Off Timer Yes

Teletext Yes (1000 pages)

PAP (Picture And Picture) Yes (1 tuner)

PIP (Picture In Picture) Yes (PC Input)

OSD Language English, Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Vietnamese, Thai, French, Russian

ECO Features

PC Power Management Yes

Power Saving Modes Yes

Idle TV Standby Yes

Power

Power Requirements AC 110-240V, 50/60Hz

Power Consumption 109W (In operation)

Standby Power Consumption Less than 0.3W

Physical Description

Dimensions (W x H x D) without Stand Approx. 804 x 497 x 96 mm

Weight without Stand Approx. 9.2kg

I am using this model for last 5 Month./... two days back i went to makro i watched the price 41500 i said dayem i bought it for 49000 Rs... I had seen Samsung 32'' for 42000 something like that USb suports 8 formats Avi Mpeg 1 and 2 And MKV and aslo other formats But bravia USB only suports Two formats Mpeg1 and Mpeg 2 but i like the feature U can Rewind and Foward your Movie from The remort only hectic thing to Convert the Format it takes too much time... and 1 more things Most New LCD TV is not supporting Cheap Desii(Square wave Ups)not even giving red stand by light ...Must work on APC Pure sine Wave Ups..... But ihave 350 watts (600VA) mercury UPS on battery Mode its giving me Red Light but when I press to turn on my LCD then my ups is shut down.... may be shutting due to overlaod protection but But Tv Consumption Is 100-150 watts Max...... I want 600 Watts Modified sine wave UPS chinese which has no transforamer in it to check it whether it will work on MODi sine wave or not.

Sam33r you are right about the UPS part because almost all of my house has UPS backup and I was watching TV when the electricity went off due to which the TV turned off even though normal TVs continue to run but it didn't.

@ Sam33r

I need your help bro...

What conversion software you using to convert the videos to Mpeg1 and Mpeg 2 ???

Im having the same problem on my Bravia BX400 40" and ive been trying all different video formats via usb but it still doesnt work...

Same case with the DVD player - Sony dvd player - DVP-NS728HP/B [it doesnt support any of the formats via usb]

would appreciate the help

thanks!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@ Sam33r

I need your help bro…

What conversion software you using to convert the videos to Mpeg1 and Mpeg 2 ???

Im having the same problem on my Bravia BX400 40" and ive been trying all different video formats via usb but it still doesnt work…

Same case with the DVD player - Sony dvd player - DVP-NS728HP/B [it doesnt support any of the formats via usb]

would appreciate the help

thanks!

[/quote]

Any Video Converter Professional dowloaded from torrents Crack version otherwise if u download trial version it gives only 3 minuts conversion maxiumum

Sam33r you are right about the UPS part because almost all of my house has UPS backup and I was watching TV when the electricity went off due to which the TV turned off even though normal TVs continue to run but it didn’t.
[/quote]

Yups I had a LG Flatron 29’’ which was running well on desi Ups for seven years …i have 500 watts need more load i bought heavy and desi ups 1100 watts…TV was working Fine on Desi UPS.Sold trade with LCD TV

i always have to run my Genset for watching a tv…damn!! My genset is placed outer place of my house but nearer to my room only 2 feet far Just outer portion of My room so 50% noise comes in my room. and its very hectic Job to run a genertor only for Tv becuase my UPS is enough for Home load 1100 watts… Desi ups!!! If u have any friend using homage or other chinese Circuit board designed ups Modified Sine wave please borrow from them and check it working it or not.600 watts or 500 watts Ups atleast.

And from today KESC started 2 to 2.5 hours load shedding 3 times a day .i heard the News Gas company is not providing enought Gas to Power plant to generate…so KESC will not run thier plant on Furnace Oil… Lets see// so Running 6-7 hours of Genset is very annoying… TECH man Please find the way to run LCD on UPS…i can’t even find 1 person in my relatives or Friends who is using Homage or Modified sine wave ups…They all like me they are Using Square wave UPS or Genset.

New LCD tv is highly programmed not to run on bikaar wave form. Puck man.

Please any one is using Modified sine wave ups or inverter min 550-650 watts.In karachi or else whos has Sony bravia New Model please check with Your Ups its working on Modified sine wave or not.

Thnx

@Sam33r

Have you tried AVS Video Converter?

I am using this model for last 5 Month./… two days back i went to makro i watched the price 41500 i said dayem i bought it for 49000 Rs…
[/quote]

x2 :)

@ Sam33r - Any Video Converter Professional dowloaded from torrents Crack version otherwise if u download trial version it gives only 3 minuts conversion maxiumum

Ive tried xilisoft aswell as Allok.. none of the work

could you please tell me which format do i need to select? or do u have any particular software that u use which u guide me with?

select add a video after this theres right on top box therez a format list select the format list (MPEG-1 and Mpeg-2) is in the 2nd Last category (Common Video Formats) select this format any 1 of them and then press convert on the top.First convert 20-30 MB file for checking on the TV.....u can also adjust the Frame size and Audio before conversion..First convert atleat 4-5 file os 10-20 MB in diffrent frame size video bit rate and adjust the audio codic.I usually converts 700 Dvdrip file and keeps Video bit rate 1200-1800 and aspect ratio 16:9 for wide mode option.700 MB file will take 1hour-1.5 hours to complete.

@ Sam33r - any particular software that u use which u guide me with?
[/quote]

yEs Particular one Any Video Converter Pro Crack one.

FluxBB%20bbcode%20testhttp://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2576/convert.jpg

Any idea what would be the converted size for a 720p movie?

As such no fix size.

720p -- 2Gb(mp4) to 10gb typical 4.3gb(mkv)

1080p ---8Gb to 18Gb(mkv) typical 8.6 Gb

and what about i asked for APC ups Please check its working it on or not thnx.

@TechMan::::: Do some Jugaar tareeka to run a tv on UPS

@TechMan::::: Do some Jugaar tareeka to run a tv on UPS
[/quote]

haha yes man I will see what I can do. Though I don’t have any other UPS at the moment.

A little out of topic guys but im also thinking about buying a LCD TV, so can you suggest me a good site other than shophive.com to do some research as im not going to market for few more days.

A little out of topic guys but im also thinking about buying a LCD TV, so can you suggest me a good site other than shophive.com to do some research as im not going to market for few more days.
[/quote]

http://www.shopaholic.pk/

http://www.beliscity.com

By the way I converted a video into MPEG2 format but my TV is only displaying video and not audio. I tried both MP3 and MPGA for audio tracks but no luck. May be I am doing something wrong. Will try again with some other software. I tried using MIKSOFT mobile media converter and VLC player.