BootMgr

hey all havin problem in ma PCs boot log..see i've vista home premium...i installed windows seven on another partition having both vista n Win7...but at the startup win seven directly starts without giving options to choose vista or win7...how to resolve this issue kindly reply...ASAP

First install Windows Vista (in a partition like C:) then install Windows 7 in another partition, for example D:. If boot menu still doesn't show up then you might need to edit boot menu options to increase boot menu time (in Windows 7).

By the way, it's my hypothesis. I haven't yet tried dual booting of Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Just download EasyBCD 1.7.2 from http://www.neosmart.net and install it it will give u to manage your boot OS . Just install it in windows seven and then choose your volum where vista is installed it will solve the problem

are you sure you chose the new installation option and didn't upgrade it?

Yeah....i expected win 7 to make the boot table but from the start of the installation till the first use no boot menu came...n Win7 started on its on straight away.....then i uninstalled it...my previous version didnt get loaded...it said tht BOOT MGR missing....i got shocked though...then i again installed vista....so the boot menu came with the previous version mentioned as Vista Home Premium (recovery).....now i want to unistall the The Vista (the one i did to get my boot menu back)...but im affraid tht by doing so the bootlog will again disappear....therefore need a real Pro Opinon...Do hit back ....ASAP

Hello Reply please...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yeah…i expected win 7 to make the boot table but from the start of the installation till the first use no boot menu came…n Win7 started on its on straight away…then i uninstalled it…my previous version didnt get loaded…it said tht BOOT MGR missing…i got shocked though…then i again installed vista…so the boot menu came with the previous version mentioned as Vista Home Premium (recovery)…now i want to unistall the The Vista (the one i did to get my boot menu back)…but im affraid tht by doing so the bootlog will again disappear…therefore need a real Pro Opinon…Do hit back …ASAP
[/quote]

I tried to read your message many times but can’t figure out correctly. As far as I am able to understand, you have messed-up your operating systems. How about format and clean installation. Make your mind which Windows you are going to use and install it.

Don’t play with Beta (as in case of Windows 7) unless you are a “Pro”. At least that’s what Microsoft says.

look...i though messed up but things r okay now....my PC is running 2 vistas..one is recovered n the other is i used to return ma boot menu back..now i want to remove the new Vista...but i fear tht my boot menu will be lost again so how to make sure things won't mess up after uninstalling the new one....

use msconfig comand in run aka search in vista

there go in boot

delete the one u want

but u have to run the vista u need then acess msconfig to delete uselss vista...