Book shelf speaker Pioneer

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers

http://www.pioneer-mea.com/en/productview.php?proId=552&subId=43&catId=37&m=feature

I want to buy a pair of these bookshelf speakers can any one guide me from where and how i can get one in karachi ? any local dealer address contacts who have or can arrange these pioneer speakers or any one who can arrange these with their charges ? every kind of suggestion is welcomed.

And if any one who has heard these and can tell about a better or cheaper alternative easily available in the market can also give their opinion

These speaker are also avaialble with Pioneer BBS-52M 5.1 Speaker set but i am only looking for the bookshelf pair.

i canot advise a cheaper alternative as i dont know what is their price worth in PK, but i would sincerely advise against bookshelf speakers cz they are not worth the price no matter how cheap.. book shelf speakers just dont have the loudness and depth of a floor front speaker.

you should describe you intended use, type of listening, comon audio choice, preference of bass, treble and mids... only then could anyone be able to suggest something

I didn't realize that someone has replied to my query ! My purpose for the speakers is to connect them with a computer with a cheap T-amp ! Primary use would be 50% music 30% Movies and 20% Gaming so what I am looking for is something with clear audio for movies with some Bass and slightly loud Music just to fill up a room not looking for a heart pounding and window breaking stuff !

So mention the best option available in the market should be the least expensive you can think of..........

why not just buy the creative Megaworks, / gigaworks speakers set? in stereo or surround ..

cant find the brand new mega works or giga works any where ? also didnt find any good reviews about them so any other alternative as every so called audiophiles online is suggesting me to go with a pair of bookshelf and a cheap T- amp for better sound instead of the cheap computer speakers .............

Giga works are not cheap :P they cost over 8k..for stereo speakers

floor standing speakers are the best thing ever.. if you are going for an Amp in any case, the floor speakers are larger, and much superior in audio reproduction than any shelf speaker.. also they have more dynamic range, and more bass at expense of slight loss in treble and extra space required.

BY amp i mean these mini amps http://www.magiclamp.pk/search.php?sort=salesrank&search=lepai&cat1=00&x=0&y=0 i dont know if such mini amps are available in pakistan ? or I have to buy them through magiclamp import service ?

I am not sure if these mini amps can power a floor standing speakers ? by the way if u think they can then which floor standing speakers available in pakistan would u recomend keep in mind i am only looking for a budget steareo system .......

for almost a little more than that price, you can buy a proper full main amp in used from lahore.. and they would power 4 floor sanding speakers at once./

that is only 20W/C . proper amp would be 80-100W/C , A+B, cost around 6-7k ..

" A+B, cost around 6-7k" what do u mean by that ? clarify ....... well i am not from lahore i am in karachi will look into the used amps market in karachi if u know any one or any place then do refer .... by the way any certain amp or certain set of speakers u would recomend to buy then do mention it better if u can give me any web links or contacts of people selling them .......

dont know about karachi situation.. in lahore there is huge market of used imported speakers and amps.. which would cost a reasonable 15k for a decent startup sound, which would be atleast 60-80 times more powerful than any bookshelf even if they are bose shelf ones.

there are 10000s of used kenwood, denon, marantz, yamaha, pioneer etc amps and same brand floor speakers...

there are some amps with capability of connecting upto 4 floor speakers but run any 2 at a time, A or B, or in surround mode together where half the volume and range is lost... A+B amps mean they run all 4 together in stereo

I am really confused either to buy new or used pair pf speakers and amplifiers as someone told me if u go for the used stuff major chances are the cheap amp would be a repaired one which can breakdown any time and the speakers u buy for cheap would be one with just the wooden box of the branded speakers its driver would have been changed and probably a cheap quality driver would have been used in its place ? really confused .............

and can someone can tell me a better market than jackson market in karachi for imported audio stuff......

I hope in the end i wouldnt end for the cheap computer speakers suc as logitech Z523 for 8500 RS............

better if someone can recomend me a reliable shop or seller for audio stuff........

[quote=“faisalhaider, post:11, topic:21129”]

I am really confused either to buy new or used pair pf speakers and amplifiers as someone told me if u go for the used stuff major chances are the cheap amp would be a repaired one which can breakdown any time and the speakers u buy for cheap would be one with just the wooden box of the branded speakers its driver would have been changed and probably a cheap quality driver would have been used in its place ? really confused .............

and can someone can tell me a better market than jackson market in karachi for imported audio stuff......

I hope in the end i wouldnt end for the cheap computer speakers suc as logitech Z523 for 8500 RS............

better if someone can recomend me a reliable shop or seller for audio stuff........

any one ? with any info ?

and can anyone tell me a shop where i can find cheap chineese mini amplifiers brand new in karachi ?

[/quote]

Dont know about karachi markets, so cant help in that.. sorry..

Anyone else may be able to guide about markets?

Go to saddar at pakistan election commision office watch opposite its gate and that road is sohrab katrak road or come from reagel side ask anyone about road

You will get better speakers than these or visit electronics market

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:6, topic:21129”]

Giga works are not cheap :P they cost over 8k..for stereo speakers

floor standing speakers are the best thing ever.. if you are going for an Amp in any case, the floor speakers are larger, and much superior in audio reproduction than any shelf speaker.. also they have more dynamic range, and more bass at expense of slight loss in treble and extra space required.

[/quote]

Holycrap!

8K is nothing for Audio, Even Entry Level Headphones starts from $250 - $300.

OP Mentioned the set of Pioneer SP-BS22-LR is a decent pair of bookshelf speakers. I am sure he can find it at any Pioneer Home Audio store in Pakistan.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:10, topic:21129”]

dont know about karachi situation… in lahore there is huge market of used imported speakers and amps… which would cost a reasonable 15k for a decent startup sound, which would be atleast 60-80 times more powerful than any bookshelf even if they are bose shelf ones.

there are 10000s of used kenwood, denon, marantz, yamaha, pioneer etc amps and same brand floor speakers…

there are some amps with capability of connecting upto 4 floor speakers but run any 2 at a time, A or B, or in surround mode together where half the volume and range is lost… A+B amps mean they run all 4 together in stereo

[/quote]
I m in lahore where is this huge market. I wanna visit it sometime and find something juicy thats within budget.

[quote=“gttx, post:16, topic:21129”]

I m in lahore where is this huge market. I wanna visit it sometime and find something juicy thats within budget.

[/quote]

Ask anyone about flea market of lahore. :P

[quote=“makhan, post:17, topic:21129”]

Ask anyone about flea market of lahore. :P

[/quote]
Surprisingly I m new to lahore and dont know many lahorites

[quote=“gttx, post:18, topic:21129”]

Surprisingly I m new to lahore and dont know many lahorites

[/quote]

Why don't you ask strangers? I am sure they will not harm you :P

^ LOL

@gttx

Hall road.. near the rafi plaza.. ask any stranger.. :D