Book Search! "This is a Book" and "Harmony"

I'm looking for print versions (hardback, paperback, doesn't matter) of "This is a Book" by Demetri Martin and "Harmony" by Walter Piston. I'm in Lahore. Any ideas where I can find them, besides ordering online?

Have you tired the folks over at The Last Word?

Did you check the urdu bazar?

You can order books from these big stores on demand.

I've tried those. Hmm.

books are available at Amazon but they do not ship outside US

^Not accurate. I order quite frequently from Amazon and have never had issues with books from them.

[quote=“Effeay, post:, topic:”]

I’m looking for print versions (hardback, paperback, doesn’t matter) of “This is a Book” by Demetri Martin and “Harmony” by Walter Piston. I’m in Lahore. Any ideas where I can find them, besides ordering online?

[/quote]

Check this for 'This is a Book’

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6466711/

Plz dont comment

Naukar Voti Da " any one has seen this movie? if not then see above this POST

[quote=“armada, post:5, topic:16141”]

books are available at Amazon but they do not ship outside US

[/quote]

As always, saying stuff without knowing anything.

[quote=“hashimk, post:6, topic:16141”]

^Not accurate. I order quite frequently from Amazon and have never had issues with books from them.

[/quote]

can you please tell me how do you move stuff to Pakistan which only have shipment for within USA

Amazon does ship books (& a few cds/dvds - not game cds) to Pakistan. It is items other than books that aren't shipped directly to Pakistan. I have ordered a number of books in 2 shipments from Amazon in the last 6 months or so. Of course, if you are in US, there are super shipping and free shipping deals available based on order. But for Pakistan, we have to pay International Shipping Rates. No special deals. Shipping charges can be expensive.

Placed first order for a number of books through Standard Shipping (the cheapest one). It didn't arrive on time. When I contacted Amazon a couple of weeks past the estimated date, they refunded my order completely. The order finally arrived somewhere between 1-2 months late. Don't exactly remember. Contacted Amazon to let them know. They charged me for the books but chose to waive off all the shipping costs. Just Rs. 20 as custom duty paid at the post office. Standard doesn't come with any tracking or signature, so a bit risky, though others have probably had better experiences. Took too long in my case and no way of knowing if shipment is lost or delayed.

Chose the Expedited shipping for the 2nd order which meant $7 extra. Package arrived on estimated date (ordered on Nov 2, delivered on the 28th) . Picked it up at the closest post office, signed for it, paid Rs. 20. Had lots of books consolidated in a single shipment. The tracking info on Amazon site doesn't update in a timely fashion. Even though the books have been delivered, it is still showing up as in transit on Amazon site. I personally would prefer Expedited to Standard Shipping. Priority Courier is the fastest but way too expensive for me.

Of course, now being the Christmas/New Year season, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer for the items to ship out of Amazon warehouse.

Fortunately, didn't have to go to the GPO for either of the shipments. The nearest post office was the point of final delivery. Postman came to the house and let me know that a package has arrived. Also since a lot of books were in single shipment, so the packaging was in pretty bad shape. Might also have been damaged in Customs inspection.

^Your statement about Amazon refunding you for the missed orders is one of the reasons why they are such a fantastic estore. I have been ordering from them for over 10 years or so now and have never had issues and I probably get about 20 or so books from them a year. I don't know if it is coincidence, however ever since we had the floods last year, standard shipping just does not work for me anymore, but it may also be because my orders are generally slightly larger in quantity. I stick with the expedited shipping now and have not had any issues since.

[quote=“armada, post:10, topic:16141”]

can you please tell me how do you move stuff to Pakistan which only have shipment for within USA

[/quote]

It’s about knowing people to get your stuff done. One option that I use, if I ever need something is to have it shipped to someone in the US. Have that friend/relative FedEx it and have it addressed to someone in customs, who would also be someone you know. At this point, you have two choices: pay the appropriate taxes and get your item, or you could also get it without paying any duties, depending on what your conscience allows you. Either way, if you know someone in customs, you don’t have to worry about not getting your item (also assuming its legal of course)