Book reading on apple iPad suggest need

I want iPad for reading ebooks.

can you guys suggest what size i should go? 9 inch or mini ?

shud i select retina display or without retina?

How helpful apple iPad will for me in reading ebooks?

get a retina ipad, for ebooks its a must have.

[quote=“archim3des, post:2, topic:20870”]

get a retina ipad, for ebooks its a must have.

[/quote]

thanks, i meant can you compare reading ebook at laptop or iPad?

what make it different other than portability solution?

I am a student and self education is my purpose most of the time.

on a retina ipad the text is Significantly sharper compared to reading on a laptop, personally i also use a google nexus 7 tablet for ebooks. its a pretty good alternative to the ipad, its got a high resolution display so its similar to the ipad retina. but if money's no object then get a ipad 3/4/5. the 3rd gen should cost you around 30k, the 4th gen brand new is priced at 45k (last time i checked).

[quote=“archim3des, post:4, topic:20870”]

on a retina ipad the text is Significantly sharper compared to reading on a laptop, personally i also use a google nexus 7 tablet for ebooks. its a pretty good alternative to the ipad, its got a high resolution display so its similar to the ipad retina. but if money's no object then get a ipad 3/4/5. the 3rd gen should cost you around 30k, the 4th gen brand new is priced at 45k (last time i checked).

[/quote]

sorry i checked myshop it says very high price for iPad and have no 3rd/4th gen :9

can u exactly tell me price of gen 3, 4 and 5?

btw i hear something like ipad air, not sure what it is.

the ipad air is the 5th generation ipad. btw the nexus 7 should'nt priced higher than 26k, get that if its in your budget.

7 inch tablet vs 9 inch tablet for reading ebooks?

Reading books on 7'' screen is fine in every aspect.

9'' will obviously give an even richer experience when reading e-books. So, suit your budget.

the larger the screen, the easier it is to focus and read, without squinting and zoomin in and out constantly.. which is a major problem with journals and pdfs with side by side page distribution..

higher resolution plays a very significant role in eye strain.. higher the res, sharper and easier to read the text..

tabs coms in various sizes 7,7.2, 8, 9, 10 etc.. 8.9 is a very good mid point wich offers a little bit portability as well as high res and usually a very high quality display too..

if you must go apple way, then retina display is must, and a larger screen would help reading a lot..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:9, topic:20870”]

the larger the screen, the easier it is to focus and read, without squinting and zoomin in and out constantly.. which is a major problem with journals and pdfs with side by side page distribution..

higher resolution plays a very significant role in eye strain.. higher the res, sharper and easier to read the text..

tabs coms in various sizes 7,7.2, 8, 9, 10 etc.. 8.9 is a very good mid point wich offers a little bit portability as well as high res and usually a very high quality display too..

if you must go apple way, then retina display is must, and a larger screen would help reading a lot..

[/quote]

thanku

actually apple is not an issue i heard its best selling tablets so i thought that wud great.

if u guys refer any other good tablet brand and model that will alot of help for me

depending on budget..

in low buget.. Xtouch , Danny, cherry and ainol are easily available..

in low to mid buget.. nexus tablet is small but very high res.

mid to high buget.. Samsung Galaxy tablets..in all sizes.. getting a larger screen in previous generation tabs would not only save you money but also bigger screen.. and you wont loose nothing in terms of features or performance in reading pdfs.. tab 2 larger > tab 3 smaller screen..

High buget.. ipads.. but you would be extremely limited in using it and copying stuff on it is extremely frustrating. .. ipad 2 or 3 would also be cheaper and function in same way..

name samsung galaxy tablet plz. they have different series from tab to galaxy note.

And why in iPad Air copying data is a problem?

Ipad isn't good for reading. Go for either of these

or wait for

All support OTG, so you can use your regular USB pendrive to copy data. you can also use airdroid http://www.airdroid.com/ for copying files on any android device https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid.

Small 7-8.5in Tabs are easier to handle for reading.

On a apple device device even bluetooth is too restrictive/broken , you can't copy file from any non-apple device with it.

I suggest if you want to read books than buy e-book reader like kindle. No strain on eyes, very light weight and long battery life. They are the only alternative to actual books in my experience.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

[quote=“yousaf465, post:13, topic:20870”]

or wait for

All support OTG, so you can use your regular USB pendrive to copy data. you can also use airdroid http://www.airdroid.com/ for copying files on any android device https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid.

On a apple device device even bluetooth is too restrictive/broken , you can't copy file from any non-apple device with it.

[/quote]

how much is the cost of Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE and what u say about kindle? i mean Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE vs kindle.

Why not 9-10 inch or larger tablets are good for reading purpose?

^ larger are definitely better, but portability becomes a problem.. if its not a problem, then the larger the better, with higher resolution and sharper text and less strain on eyes.

kindle is a reading device only on cheap buget.. the Tabs are expensive and can do a lot more stuff faster and sometimes better than kindle.. so they become a multimedia device than just an E-reader.

for prices, go to your local shops, in hafeez center preferably.. galaxy on 2nd florr left side, and ICS on basement right side have all models and good prices.

[quote=“zainabali, post:15, topic:20870”]

how much is the cost of Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE and what u say about kindle? i mean Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE vs kindle.

Why not 9-10 inch or larger tablets are good for reading purpose?

[/quote]

I usually read either sitting on library table or sofa or in my bed. Anything beyond 8.5inches is becomes cumbersome in everyone of these situations

• It is difficult to carry a tab larger 8.5inches all day long, and use it in a library.
  • In a sofa you are looking for leisure reading so lighter it is the better
  • In a bed, a flate plate design ( all current Tablets) is difficult to handle. Although I have seen people read Bailey&Love (a 5kg book) resting on their chest but that is something totally different design.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:16, topic:20870”]

^ larger are definitely better, but portability becomes a problem.. if its not a problem, then the larger the better, with higher resolution and sharper text and less strain on eyes.

[/quote]

Resolution is usually independent of the size... but it's not the case always...

Small tablets are usually higher resolution http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_s_105_and_84_key_specs_leak-news-8767.php

Someone told me new tablets don't come in pk and only tablet come here are refurbished. is this true?

[quote=“yousaf465, post:13, topic:20870”]

or wait for

[/quote]

only use i have is ebook reading and video watching and once i finalized Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 i find this con about audio :( :ph34r: and Battery is not user replaceable. #$%# :( :( :(

but thanks for suggestions