BOL feedback device

Hello all memebers, Can anyone please shed some light on that BOL media group is installing feedback devices at different homes with asking which cable network is operating in your area and gave me some letter that you are insured for this amount and member of boo media group. What is this strategy and what they are going to do with the data which they gather from that device which is connected to my television Also they asked me not to tell anyone that we have given this device to you Thanks Nauman

Pics?

your privacy at risk, another media group started by the financial backing of foreign neighbor country...... stay away.

a question for you in the mean time...... don't you find it strange after GEO is down in rating and all that scandal some more News Channels get started?

PEMRA should impose a ban on starting up new news channels because there is already too much crap.

So wt should i do @MrKamran plz suggest?

nauman

I found it strange thats why i asked this here in forum

nauman

[quote=“MNaumanakram, post:5, topic:21939”]

I found it strange thats why i asked this here in forum nauman

[/quote]

i will recommend you call ARY mubashir lucman or send him email with all the pics and everything if you want to stay anonymous.

Can anybody has the number of him

nauman

send him a message here

if its in your privately owned property simply hammer it

Its not my property

nauman

I opened the box there is one evo device connected with the main board and one Bluetooth receiving and one infrared receiver connected to the main board the BT is connected through usb and device is getting power from power adopter also its connected with the TV OUT port of the tv through tv-in at at device.

nauman

What the hell is going on?? :unsure: Where do you live i mean city? and at how many homes they put these devices? Clearly they wanna see what channel specially News you are watching most but Never seen or even heard this type of data gathering tactic ever before. :blink:

From rawalpindi

nauman

[quote=“MNaumanakram, post:11, topic:21939”]

I opened the box there is one evo device connected with the main board and one Bluetooth receiving and one infrared receiver connected to the main board the BT is connected through usb and device is getting power from power adopter also its connected with the TV OUT port of the tv through tv-in at at device. nauman

[/quote]

Please provide external/internal pics. Close-up pics of the circuitry and internal devices would also help.

[quote="ShuAK, post:12, topic:21939"]

What the hell is going on?? :unsure:  Where do you live i mean city? and at how many homes they put these devices? Clearly they wanna see what channel specially News you are watching most but Never seen or even heard this type of data gathering tactic ever before. :blink:

[/quote]  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_meter

^^^^^hmmmmm i should've googled it :P but thanx for sharing it anyway.

So its actually an ancient device but what we have here is a modern hi-tech version of that device which is communicating wirelessly. Nauman plz share some pics of that device.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:16, topic:21939”]

^^^^^hmmmmm i should’ve googled it :P but thanx for sharing it anyway.

So its actually an ancient device but what we have here is a modern hi-tech version of that device which is communicating wirelessly. Nauman plz share some pics of that device.

[/quote]
Yes today will try to share pics

Actually in pakistan ratings are control by only one company, so many people put allegations that they produce false rating reports and promoting programs they want people to see.

Bol is trying gather their own data for ratings so they know what exactly people are trying to watch.

Who knows that the data will not be shared with or used to get wrong benefits

nauman

At best such a device can be used to collect statistics about the channels you watch. In Pakistan there are much bigger privacy holes so this isn't that much of a deal.

But If you are really concerned about it consider calling your cable operator (its on their property) to inquire about the device and ask them to remove it. If you are the more adventurous type consider a little night time vandalism ;p