Bluetooth Dongle

i bought this usb bluetooth dongle, some months back, since i had no use i forgot about it. now i want to use it, but the problem is that i dont have the driver cd that came with the dongle neither i know what brand it is. so can anyone help me find a basic driver/software for bluetooth dongles. i searched google but no luck :(

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i bought this usb bluetooth dongle, some months back, since i had no use i forgot about it. now i want to use it, but the problem is that i dont have the driver cd that came with the dongle neither i know what brand it is. so can anyone help me find a basic driver/software for bluetooth dongles. i searched google but no luck :(
[/quote]

Just go to the company website, and in their downloads section you’ll find the drivers for your model.

And you don't get any kind of identification information when you connect it to your computer?

i use xp sp3, it says

usb device not recognized

one of the usb devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.....

Post a picture. Someone else having the same dongle can give you the drivers.

well your windows will automatically install the driver just install a bluetooth software like bluesoliel

There are 2 things u can do

1. Find some FCC ID on ur device and try to look for the model (long shot though. it wont probably have an FCC ID if its such an anonymous company)

2. Try some generic bluetooth driver, so some random bluetooth drivers of various companies and see if it works.

mostly widcomm or bluesoliel, so you may try both drivers.

i have one bluetooth driver cd

install bluesoliel it will start working

If device is giving message then device has malfunctioned and windows did not recognize is then the device might have some problem. coz windows gives malfunction warning on only faulty devices.

or change the usb port where you are connecting it

thanks for the replies guys...

saad i installed bluesoliel, but as sfarrukh said the usb is malfunctioned :( i tried changing the ports aswell but no luck. anyways i'll try again tomorrow.

i have uploaded the driver cd that came with my dongle so that you can try the driver in that, link:

http://www.uploadjockey.com/download/166457/bluetooth.iso

alternate:

http://rapidshare.com/files/115428482/Bluetooth.iso.html

its an .iso burn or mount

thanks for the replies guys…

saad i installed bluesoliel, but as sfarrukh said the usb is malfunctioned :( i tried changing the ports aswell but no luck. anyways i’ll try again tomorrow.

[/quote]

Why not you try widcomm driver and check it

hmm saad thanks a lot dude. i tried yr software too, but the problem is the usb is malfunctioned(?). my windows xp sp3 does not recognize it. i tried it on my laptop and its not recognizing it too.

china electronics zindabad :|

Then your bluetooth dongle is messed up :(.

[/quote]

open ur bluetooth cover

inside u ll find a small chip attached to usb

on that chip a small ic

on that ic the real brand name is written

u ll definately find it…

well luckily my bluetooth is automatically installed by xp sp2

and it shows same driver as writen on ic of my bluetootd

hmm saad thanks a lot dude. i tried yr software too, but the problem is the usb is malfunctioned(?). my windows xp sp3 does not recognize it. i tried it on my laptop and its not recognizing it too.

china electronics zindabad :expressionless:

[/quote]

Thats why people like buying established brands even if it costs them a bit more…!