Blue ray movies finally available in karachi

i have seen blue ray movies(with titles like spiderman 3) available in the karachi, defence market for 300 rs each.

laptops are already available with blue ray players here, i wonder when will we have a blue ray dvd- rom for the desktop computer available here?

also has anybody else seen blue ray movies around..??

Are you sure Blue-ray is available in 300 PKR ?

yes i am pretty sure,

the video wala said that i would need a blue ray dvd player to play it on...

and the print will be better obviuosly then a conventional dvd

Good then,so we have to wait for till cheap Blue-ray player easily available.

Anyway thanks to torrents we can watch and enjoy blue-ray movies without player ;)

^ They are blu-ray rips, not untouched bluray

yes --excluding all the other goodies available in the blue ray discs which are not available in rips

blue ray dvd player set top (dont remember the make) is for rs 20000 in karachi so far

sony b ray dvd player set top is for rs 28000

internal desktop computer blue ray rom is for 80 $ on newegg (waiting for these to come to pakistan)

Blu ray movies in Isloo cost over Rs. 3000, hard to believe the price u quoted.

Are you sure they were Blue Ray discs?

Or were they just normal DVD's with Blueray content stored in them?

And as for the player.. Just buy a PS3 if you need a Blue Ray drive :D

PS3 does not support HD audio whereas a good blu ray player does, like Sony BDP S350.

Dont be fooled... the BLU-RAY movies being sold are FAKE. If you open the cover, and look at the disc inside it says 8GB DVD... thats is NOTTT blue ray format..... BLU-RAY disks are 25GB-50GB. there is no way you can store BLU-RAY data on just 8GB DVD's!!

Please people.... dont be fooled!! ITS NOT BLU-RAY!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

PS3 does not support HD audio whereas a good blu ray player does, like Sony BDP S350.
[/quote]

Yeah but its still good value for money if you want to watch Blu Ray movies

waiting for cheap chinese blue ray/HD DVD players :D

blue ray dvd player set top (dont remember the make) is for rs 20000 in karachi so far

sony b ray dvd player set top is for rs 28000

internal desktop computer blue ray rom is for 80 $ on newegg (waiting for these to come to pakistan)

[/quote]

There is Problem with Zero as you mention 80$ its round about 6000/-rs only!

Does any one know what is the limit for dvd space?

heck 1080p off the torrents.... :) ..... screw players n discs....

Ahmsun,

more info for you

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106285

Is anyone listening to razakhan......?

Is it true.....?

Is bluray piracy even possible?

[/quote]

EXCUSE ME? Did you even research before spewing out bullsh!t?

The PS3 DOES SUPPORT HD AUDIO and can decode them and output them. I own one and HAVE actually done research about it:

http://wabrxq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pbGKIiJTrfdbgMooi2bbdjzdxfx4bKUBoNe9biXyEf-pSPmQvob0kePWXNv-KSktYbiVa1e6FkyrUmWLPqkdgwkhB57H9cxWq/bd%20chart%200402.png

There u go, it clearly says the ps3 supports Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD HR and DTS-HD MA over HDMI. It even shows your player, which cannot decode DTS-HD HR and DTS-HD MA, and can only stream it to a receiver to be decoded.

well blueray is the way to go... after you start watching them you will almost puke watching a normal dvd,, the print difference is haaauuuuggggeeeee

To v9s

cnet.com review of PS3 which validates my point.

"The only slight downside to the PS3's Blu-ray performance is the audio: While the PS3 can decode Dolby TrueHD and pass along PCM output via HDMI, it cannot decode DTS-HD Master Audio and currently lacks bitstream output (for external AV receivers to handle the Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio decoding) which is available on newer standalone Blu-ray players"

Same is the case with Samsung 1500 Blu ray player.

For me, PS3 firmware updates from Sony are the edge. Though I have not researched about the HD-Audio thingy, but I strongly believe that it may become available in future if it is not there today.

Last time when Sony upgraded BluRay profile for PS3, all standalone player owners were left at a disadvantage as the only option for them was to change the hardware device itself to enjoy the newer BluRay profile.