Bloody Zong

Aek say barh kay aek incompetent hein Mobile service providers in Pakistan:

I ported in to zong. I called the helpline and asked if they provide the 436 zong "SMS" serivce. The guy promptly replied YES YES YES! I asked again that if it is the GEONEWSMOBILEALERTS "SMS" service and he was irritated and confirmed. Then he told me how to activate it(by sending NEWS to 633). I did and it was bloody mms service and they deducted 170 Rs from my account. Stupid Zong! I called and complained,and interestingly when I started complaining the guy started talking in English accent,probably hoping I would hangup not being able to understand,lol.

I have seen some tacticts from Wateen and warid,but this was new,lol. Although he assured me they would look into the matter and refused to register a complain. And could't explain how would they look at the matter without registering a complain.

I am porting out again in 60 days.

To Ufone or back to mobilink this time.

ps

Oh God! I love this forum so much. I feel so better after sharing what just happened here!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

started talking in English accent,probably hoping I would hangup not being able to understand,lol.
[/quote]

yes this is a common phenomena associated with todays urban Pakistani…when they get angry or annoyed and they are trying to show their dehshat they start talking in English :D

Poor Zong Suckaz Fo Life

ali100,did they really pick your call?Oh GOD!whenever I try to call them they don't receive my calls ,I wait for 20-25 minutes then I cut the call,man they suck in the customer support department,now a days their services quality also sucks,their is lot of distortion. I have used every service ,zong is slightly better than the others.

ali100,did they really pick your call?Oh GOD!whenever I try to call them they don’t receive my calls ,I wait for 20-25 minutes then I cut the call,man they suck in the customer support department,now a days their services quality also sucks,their is lot of distortion. I have used every service ,zong is slightly better than the others.
[/quote]

Yeah they did pick my call,i was surprised myself. I only had to wait like 10 minutes or so.

ONLY,lol. I think they have some preferrence for recently portined in customers,lol.

Although I now wish they would’t pickup my call. It would’t cost me 170 Rs. then,lol.

I would still be mad at them for not picking up,a little. And would call again. But would’t be near as much as I was when I called them again and figured out the whole thing.

Go for Ufone this time. I believe its the coolest thing around.

Go for Ufone this time. I believe its the coolest thing around.
[/quote]

I would… Thanks for the advice…

Aek say barh kay aek incompetent hein Mobile service providers in Pakistan:

I ported in to zong. I called the helpline and asked if they provide the 436 zong “SMS” serivce. The guy promptly replied YES YES YES! I asked again that if it is the GEONEWSMOBILEALERTS “SMS” service and he was irritated and confirmed. Then he told me how to activate it(by sending NEWS to 633). I did and it was bloody mms service and they deducted 170 Rs from my account. Stupid Zong! I called and complained,and interestingly when I started complaining the guy started talking in English accent,probably hoping I would hangup not being able to understand,lol.

I have seen some tacticts from Wateen and warid,but this was new,lol. Although he assured me they would look into the matter and refused to register a complain. And could’t explain how would they look at the matter without registering a complain.

I am porting out again in 60 days.

To Ufone or back to mobilink this time.

ps

Oh God! I love this forum so much. I feel so better after sharing what just happened here!

[/quote]

Why did you ported in zong?

For cheap rates ?

Ru sure 170rs got deducted cause their news alerts (MMS service) cost rs50+tax ~61rs a month.

You should have checked before hand wether its SMS service or MMS service and checked the charges as well before activation.

You should have checked before hand wether its SMS service or MMS service and checked the charges as well before activation.
[/quote]

I asked the guy if its sms or mms,what else was I supposed to do…What more is,I am not even getting the alerts…lol

Update:Another person from CSR says,the charges were actually 50 Rs.+taxes and I must have subscribed to some other service and that balance was actually not deducted at the first place. I wonder where did the balance go then. Did Zardari steal it?lol..

I mean seriously,its a good service that details are available at zong.com.pk. But interestingly,billing started a day after I logged in. Zong guys are crazy, I loaded two cards,got conformation sms,and checked the balance,but they say only one card was loaded.

They say around 4:30 today they WOULD resolve this dispute. I am going to complain to PTA otherwise. And I am porting out in anycase..

Don't call on their customer support number,they are all bunch of fools,visit their nearest business center.

WOW~ I emailed PTA last night and I just heard from them..Thats quick:

Complaint to ahmed.faisal, mazhar.saeed, ayaz.mehmood, mnphelpdesk, me

show details 11:58 am (2 minutes ago)

Complaint No:**** Dated: 14-November-2008

1. Please take immediate action to redress the issues given in attached complaints/email and forward compliance report by 19 November 2008.

2. Copy of all correspondence/reports related to the complaint will be endorsed to the complainant and this office by the stipulated date.Your endeavor in expeditious and logical resolution of the grievance to the complainant's satisfaction will be valued.

OIC Consumer Protection

Consumer Protection

PTA Headquarters

Room No.10, Sector F-5/1,

Islamabad

Ph No. 051-9225325

Fax No. 051-2878127

email: complaint@pta.gov.pk

www.pta.gov.pk

If I Need To Complaint About Any Thing To PTA... I Email Them @ This ID complaint@pta.gov.pk ?

If I Need To Complaint About Any Thing To PTA… I Email Them @ This ID complaint@pta.gov.pk ?
[/quote]

There is a form on the website…Mail them through it…

Hmm... Ok I Will Mail Them

I am Lucky 1 dude ................. guess

I Dont have a zong Number. (hehehehe)

No issues so far with my zong numbers. also subscribed to their 3rs/day unlimited sms

ZONG Sucks.Only Good For Sms.

@ Ali,

Dude...you have issues with all the operators...Stupid Ufone?? Bloody Zong??? Terrible Telenor and so on...i guess the problem is with you or your handset...I am using zong and have subscribed to their 436 service and its working perfectly fine...Maybe all these operators are against you..maybe they dont want you to have a SIM in the first place :) Throw away all the Sims and get a ptcl Vfone :) or a Mobilink PCO...