Blog archives

hi..i wanna knw how to create different categories in a blog archive field..like i want to create categories of games, music, movies etc..and put articles related to games in games category and similarly other articles in related fields...i m using blogspot account.....reply plz :)

I think blogspot doesn't have such functionality to categorize your posts. correct me if i m wrong. i dont use blogger any way.

but there are some ways via modifying the template code. one is here. http://bloggerlounge.net/2007/02/08/how-to-categorize-your-blogger-blog/

i tested. it worked.

And, in any blog services provider, Blog Archive is not a section to create categories in it. It's autometically managed by the system for your posts to be arranged in order to their posted date time by a frequency of month, week, or day.

well, the new blogger support Label system kinda like categorize ...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I think blogspot doesn’t have such functionality to categorize your posts. correct me if i m wrong. i dont use blogger any way.

but there are some ways via modifying the template code. one is here. http://bloggerlounge.net/2007/02/08/how-to-categorize-your-blogger-blog/

i tested. it worked.

And, in any blog services provider, Blog Archive is not a section to create categories in it. It’s autometically managed by the system for your posts to be arranged in order to their posted date time by a frequency of month, week, or day.

[/quote]

very difficult procedure yar…still unable to categorize blog :( anyother procedure

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well, the new blogger support Label system kinda like categorize …
[/quote]

thanks. it’s true. I didn’t know that.

poton12 that’s what you r looking for

no i didn;t find any label option in blogspot......guide me

Forget blogspot and use wordpress.

Wordpress has a HUGE user base meaning unique features and best part.... PLUGINS for anything you want!

If you can afford to pay for hosting then get a shared hosting account and be at ease when blogging. If you stay at blogger then your gonna be searching a lot at google for every teensie weensie thing. Trust me, its very frustrating. Just get wordpress and you'll have much more time to regularly blog. If you are able to solve your current problem, then you will encounter another problem down the road. You will eventually end up at wordpress if you are serious about blogging!

If you cant afford hosting and are not into blogging for the money, then get an account at wordpress.com.

If you do want to make money there are sites that give you free wordpress hosting with LIMITED features. In return, you give them a share of your revenue(you give them like 1/10 of your earnings). An example of such site is http://ideafry.com/. There may be other such sites, but I am not aware of them.

^ can v categorize blog in wordpress?

^ yes u can do easily.

it's perfect for blogging. I recommend wordpress over blogger.