Block bloody Counter Strike Source port(s)

This is enough now.

which ports are normally being used with Counter Strike Source on Wateen's WiMax. ofcourse you guys should know which servers are yet popular in Pakistani gamers. and so the ports with them.

I just want to stop this in my Home.

I've blocked all ports from 27005 to 27055, which I got from web search that they might cover some of the Popular CSS servers, Half Life servers, or more some thing. and also as i found that all the servers which are being hosted under Pakistani ISPs all are just inside this range of ports. mostly the 27015-16-17

but I think this rule in the Router is not blocking what I want. my little bro is just able to play online as he is used to. :rolleyes:

27015 t0 27025 mostly....

am I in correct forum :rolleyes:

mmmm I think so......

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

27015 t0 27025 mostly…
[/quote]

thanks but blocking them is not of use as I told above that I have blocked all of the ports from ranging 27005 to 27055. he is still playing his game online. dont know what server is he playing on.

Blocking the ports locally won't stop him from playing online. Ports come into action only when you host the server yourself.

Just delete his game and pretend that you don't know nothing. :P

P.S. what nick does he play with?

^agreed about hosting individual servers.

but still their must be a default port which the Game itself could try to set when you are going to host a new server. I guess very small amount of people might change default port to their own choice.

Can you tell me that Default Port. what it is?

P.S. what nick does he play with
[/quote]

I tell you the nick you tell him what his bro is doing...... :rolleyes:

I think it is some thing king. not sure about that.

Just delete his game and pretend that you don't know nothing. :P
[/quote]

he is pretty good in installing things on computer:rolleyes:

my mistake is this. I did let my colleague use my HDD to put some stuff on it temporarily, and this stupid game was in that stuff.

open ur brother CS , Goto

Find Server > Favorites > Right Click on any Server > View Server Info .

you can see the Server IP and Port.

^good idea. will see it

Also try password option in CS.

^ Password Option is for Parential Control. (for Violence n Blood)

open ur brother CS , Goto

Find Server > Favorites > Right Click on any Server > View Server Info .

you can see the Server IP and Port.

[/quote]

No favorite item found in there.

but I got that he has installed some utility software or softwares. and when I asked him that what are they. he said they are used to play with a group :rolleyes: and I am fed up of his nonsense online matches.

I dont remember the name of the software but it also act as a network adapter. I didn’t spent time on it but I think that must be a VPN.

I’ve blocked all ports from 27005 to 27055…

[/quote]

Got it.

the ports were UDP to be blocked. previously I tried TCP which didn’t work.

CSS dead now :D

atleast for now :rolleyes:

CS Source was Your Brother Life.. u take it from him :( .

i feel sad .. coz im also a CS Player :/ .

^Ooooh...

that was actually gonna be more than a life :rolleyes:

I'd like to go off the topic for a while.

you can take it as an advice if you are younger than me.

I dont actually have any personal hate about any game or a gamer.

I have played many games my self. still do when ever I am willing to. but never kept them on the top of EVERY THING. I did never let it happen that it could effect others. and I did never forget other necessary things or matters while playing.

I really appreciate if you do play with keeping other responsibilities about your each task. your study, your work, your job, your time for your olders, and you listen to them and obey them in right. as well as you take time in playing the game.

I appreciate if you have a schedule for everything. not like that when ever some one watches you, you would be playing on the computer. :/

but if you don't then I am also sorry about you.

I am really hoping that you are not like that.....

and I also feel sad when ever such restrictions are applied by force. but some times there comes a need when it has to be strict.

any ways. that will be temporary. he needs a doze after some times :)

and you also dont have to be sad if you know you are equal about every thing. then you will not be restricted by any one. :)

any ways. that will be temporary. he needs a doze after some times :)

and you also dont have to be sad if you know you are equal about every thing. then you will not be restricted by any one. :)

[/quote]

^ The Best Part of Your Conversation :).

agree with You… Everything is good till it is in the Limit ;).