Black screen appears and pc goes held

My pc is not displaying anything while power is on and after few second, keyword also goes held.

only once when i f12 and reset settings dell P3 screen appears after that i do not see windows xp screen, and it happened before 3 days when suddenly light went and i was doing disk defragment.

Simple, install Xp again.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Simple, install Xp again.
[/quote]

Not as simple as u say, i have data … after light it never start i wish i can kill all P----------.

Ok, then repair your Xp.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Ok, then repair your Xp.
[/quote]

Don’t u have reason what happen with pc why keyboard goes held. Its not just win issue i think its BIOS or Ram issue.

Maybe its the hard idsk burnt! or ram gone bad! ah just joking!

Before trying the below suggestion please try this Reattach the ram and hard disk cable.

If it doesn't work then Try using volkov commander(supports ntfs) in dos mode and save all of your data. And then reinstall winodws. You might have lost/Corrupted some files during defragmentation when light went off. As i've faced the same problem and lost some of my mine precious data.

can u enter in bios??

if yes chk whether harddisk is present in ide or sata devices?

Most probably Ram Issue.. replace Ram

I do not remove dust from motherboard and all other , i just clean ram carefully, yeah i have two pc actually keyboard is helding becoz CPU is not responding ... it seems ram or BIOS problem becoz i have this pc since 2005 and last year i get new so i leave this one. And i repaired old PC ( which has problem ) in jan 2009 , power supply, ram, motherboard all r new and after jan 2009 i use this pc only for 25 days ( jun-july2009)

)

Unplug the harddisks and turn on your PC. See if your keyboards and everything else works and if you can enter bios. If you can you have Hard Disk problem.

Try replacing your Ram too if you can.

I had a similar problem, I took out one of my ram and it started to work fine but later i found my HDD was also causing some problems.

Please checked there might be some hardware prbz as well