Biometric verification of internet connection(s)

Has anyone else received notification from their ISP for biometric verification of their internet connection?

Primarily due to a vaguely worded cyber crimes law and ignorance of majority of government departments and parliamentarians about technology and IT, this biometric verification could prove to be very problematic with regards to liability if one's connection is misused by anyone.

No, and i hope it never happens. I can understand such verification for mobile SIMs, but it seems absurd for internet connections.

A google search only shows up one link for such an article on a single website... I'm gonna call bullsh*t on it for now.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:2, topic:22408”]

No, and i hope it never happens. I can understand such verification for mobile SIMs, but it seems absurd for internet connections.

A google search only shows up one link for such an article on a single website… I’m gonna call bullsh*t on it for now.

[/quote]

It isn’t. Open up Qubee homepage and this notification is front and center on the homepage.

^ You're right. To top it off, we have to pay charges to get 'verified'. WTF? <_<

PTA is a joke... A bad one that nobody laughs at. -_-

According to one site, this is supposed to be for Wireless Local Loop (WLL) Operators, does not mention wired DSL connections.

^ It certainly makes way more sense that way. They're already aware of who a wired connection belongs to.

But still, i fail to see why they'd need to verify the internet users...

Yes, I have received this notification. Seems like this is only the case for Wimax customers. Just as was the case for only Wimax customers that the internet got shutdown on the two Ashura days here in Karachi. Sick of this nonsense.

Here's the PTA directive about this:

PTA_Directives.thumb.png.f57d67e53b04ddb

I wonder if they will impose this on PTCL wireless services (EVO, Char Ji, etc) or will PTCL get a free pass. <_<

For WLL (Wireless Local Loop) Connections only .. :P

[quote=“DJNOMI, post:10, topic:22408”]

For WLL (Wireless Local Loop) Connections only … :P

[/quote]

EVO and CharJi customers will also have to undergo BVS.

[quote=“Asad, post:11, topic:22408”]

EVO and CharJi customers will also have to undergo BVS.

[/quote]

chalo at least i am using fiber so i dont need to this verification i believe … :)

I got charji and got sms for biometrc verification

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk