Beware of PTCL fiber optic broadband scam

[quote=“koder, post:18, topic:21186”]

Yes i think there is a space for 400 numbers in there ONU expansion slot.. i was the very first user to get it.. :D

Khurram please share your modem stats over here..the attenuation will explain the whole scenerio

[/quote]

I no more have this connection I terminated it at the start of this month Since I'm not a very technical guy into all this therefore I didn't checked those stats

Now I'm using EVO another scam :angry: I purchased it during promotion in last week of May,2014, Rs.2550 at the time of purchase the download limit was 30GB now it is 20GB , My GOD I lost thousands of rupees in the hands of PTCL all because of false advertisement , I'm totally confused now what should I do , I can do nothing in this 20GB :blink: It is start of the month and I have consumed 13GB

Every dp is connected through UG copper to the main ONU cabinet the difference is that how much far is the copper dp from the ONU cabinet.In your case your copper dp is pretty much far from the ONU cabinet.Obviously the UG cable of that dp will be rotten .. the lucky ones are those whom distance between the copper dp and onubox isnt significantly far(more than 400 meters ) and from the dp to your premises also counts which shouldnt be more than 150meters.. your case seems that your dp is in the next colony and the ONU cabinet is some where else..your friend has got the connection from the closest dp from ONU and now which is being filled and you have been thrown to far far away dp..

[quote=“koder, post:22, topic:21186”]

Every dp is connected through UG copper to the main ONU cabinet the difference is that how much far is the copper dp from the ONU cabinet.In your case your copper dp is pretty much far from the ONU cabinet.Obviously the UG cable of that dp will be rotten .. the lucky ones are those whom distance between the copper dp and onubox isnt significantly far(more than 400 meters ) and from the dp to your premises also counts which shouldnt be more than 150meters.. your case seems that your dp is in the next colony and the ONU cabinet is some where else..your friend has got the connection from the closest dp from ONU and now which is being filled and you have been thrown to far far away dp..

[/quote]

Now you got it right , FIber DP is just 300 meters away from my house but Copper DP is 750 meters (aprox) , However both poles are right in front of my house , By the way my friend is not connected to any closest DP He is connected to a pole which is directly connected to that Fiber cabinet/dp/ONU whatever you call it I will take a snap of that big cabinet and post here shortly

The attenuation could have explained the game but ahhhhh you disconnected!

[quote=“koder, post:24, topic:21186”]

The attenuation could have explained the game but ahhhhh you disconnected!

[/quote]

I will try to take snap of my friends modem readings ........

[quote=“koder, post:24, topic:21186”]

[/quote]

What do you call this fiber related thingy? is it DP or ONU ??? this is what installed just 300 meters away from my house and those 10 lucky users are directly connected to it nothing in between

SP_A1838.jpg

This is called MSAG according to ptcl and ONU according to many of us ehh.. they wont be connected directly.This ONU will be connected to the copper wires coming from the DP..

[quote=“koder, post:27, topic:21186”]

This is called MSAG according to ptcl and ONU according to many of us ehh.. they wont be connected directly.This ONU will be connected to the copper wires coming from the DP..

[/quote]

No its not, only an under ground cable (May be copper) leads to a single pole (just 100 meters away) for 10 pairs and this is confirmed by lineman....

What you are saying is true for rest of the unfortunate users like me....

Ideal scenario

You mean they install a new DP with new copper underground wire to fool par one thing is sure that if it was a pure fiber than it would have been something different .. all dps are same if its on copper,the thing which matters is how much is it close to ONU box.

The thing which you are saying hasnt been applied yet by ptcl.. there is no fibre to the dp.. same old copper dp is used.. inbmy opinion there shouldnt be huge distance between the copper dp and ONU box.. less distance will be joints free

[quote=“koder, post:30, topic:21186”]

The thing which you are saying hasnt been applied yet by ptcl.. there is no fibre to the dp.. same old copper dp is used.. inbmy opinion there shouldnt be huge distance between the copper dp and ONU box.. less distance will be joints free

[/quote]

What I'm saying is already implemented in select areas but I don't know what you have understood , It seems You totally lost my point & I don't want to repeat same thing again and again ... thanx anyway for your participation ....

Bhai there is nothing what youre saying.. the lineman who told you is just playing around.. the thing which everyone knows over here is that ptcl doesnt give you proper FTTH ,its FTTC.FTTH is being provided by nayatel ..ptcl on the other hand is just FTTC.Copper rules start from the cabinet..your connection was weak because of the juggar which your area lineman did..he didnt give you pair from the closest dp but interlinked you from far away dp because the closest dp was FULL.Anways dont get hyper ,i.was just replying for discussion..eff ptcl i dont care.Out from this topic.

In my case, I am 300m away from MSAG, MSAG connects to old copper cabinet in my block via underground copper cable, this copper cabinet connects to a pole in front of my house via underground copper cable, and from there I am connected via a copper wire. I am getting a perfectly stable internet, a stable SNR OF 35db and attenuation of 10db, no issues thus far.

thanks for info

In my areas, copper based DPs are finished. They've now installed direct Fibre Equipment MSAGs from which copper wires are brought to customer's premises. It's how I solved my chronic disconnection issues in the first place.

You mean they have installed fiber dp's (laid new fiber lines to dps)? Its how it should have been implemented but its not.

[quote=“jDk, post:35, topic:21186”]

In my areas, copper based DPs are finished. They've now installed direct Fibre Equipment MSAGs from which copper wires are brought to customer's premises. It's how I solved my chronic disconnection issues in the first place.

[/quote]

Thank God finally someone confirmed what I was crying from start ............... :D

This facility is avliable in select areas only and downtown areas like mine THey interlinked MSAGS to old copper DP's to save expenses HOwever they do provided few limited connection directly connected to MSAGS (which also serves as DP) to trap other users of that area

[quote=“koder, post:36, topic:21186”]

You mean they have installed fiber dp's (laid new fiber lines to dps)? Its how it should have been implemented but its not.

[/quote]

This was and still is reserved for few connections only. I've been on the copper DP since 2007. Only a few months ago, when I complained and spoke directly with PTCL_Cares guy was I able to rectify the problem permanently. The number + line change was done absolutely free of charge (no extra expenses). I'll share the pic of the fibre MSAG later, some digital wizardry is going on in that box as its completely caged up.

This was how it should've been done in the first place, but PTCL tried to cover up their expenses by relying on the FTTC, which obviously backfired on them. They've now begun switching every single remaining copper based DP to fibre ones.

I'm now thinking of applying for SmartTV subscription, since the technician said that your line can easily max out the theoretical limit of ADSL2+. They will upgrade my profile further upto 14Mbps for smarttv. I'm not certain as to how it works and whether if its worth keeping compared to other local options. Me & Dad only watch news or sports channel most of the time, so I'd appreciate some feedback regarding SmartTV.

Thanks.

[quote=“koder, post:36, topic:21186”]

[/quote]

Dear there are no adiitional fiber DP's , MSAG serves as DP as well ... @jDk confirmed it

Jdk that was really helpful :) i got it now ,ptcl cares guy is whinning in my private that sir due to feasibility prob you havent beem upgraded to 8Mbps..i told em what?is this what you call fiber..the real prob is because they are still relying on copper network after MSAG.. this problem will end when they will workout on fiber dps .. its a shame seriously ,they should spend a bit,no.short cuts work