Beware Guys!..... iPhone and iPod-Touch have started Exploding

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yahoo Tech: French teenager hurt by shattering iPhone 12 August 2009

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/afp/20090812/tc_afp/francebritaintechnologyapple

A teenager in Marseille, France recently suffered an eye injury due to his girlfriend’s iPhonewhich exploded.

[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
Techmeme: Apple tried to silence owner of exploding iPod with gagging order 03 August 2009

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/article6736587.ece

Mr. Stanborough made a wise decision and threw his iPod Touch out the back door. 30 seconds later there was a pop and a big puff of smoke and the iPod Touch went up 10 feet in the air. Fortunately Mr. Stanborough and his daughter were not injured.

[/quote]

Exploding iPod touch sets kid’s pants on fire, melts his underwear, causes untold emotional pain

These are not the new cases of an exploding iPhone or iPod Touch. Earlier this year, a 15-year-old boy’s iPod Touch exploded in his pants, melted his underwear and burned his legs

Read the full story on engadget on 13 Mar 2009

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/13/exploding-ipod-touch-sets-kids-pants-on-fire-melts-his-underwe/

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/03/ipod-touch-not-lies-sets-kids-pants-on-fire-parents-sue.ars

Old Phrase: "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away"

New Phrase: "An Apple a Day Burns Your Ass Right Away"

New Phrase: “An Apple a Day Burns Your Ass Right Away”

[/quote]

Newer Phase: “An Apple a Day, robs you that same day but burns your ass another day.” :D

/\ lolz

An Apple a day keeps th... *BOOM*

:D

^haha, iPod Nanos are exploding too btw.

Newer Phase: “An Apple a Day, robs you that same day but burns your ass another day.” :D

[/quote]

lolz , they have been trying to hide / nullify this from some time.

[/quote]

Old An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

New if the Doctor is cute lady then keeps the Apple aways

[/quote]

??? first pay them to ur A** off, then keep it burn ur ass away :(

[/quote]

lolzz

I didn’t imagine, this could turn into such a fun.

My guess is that it must be battery's fault. If lithium-ion batteries are not manufactured with proper care then they can explode with a bang. Of course, with black stuff and smoke coming out.

Man ROFL at ASAD..u damn righly figured it out man..LOLZ!

My guess is that it must be battery’s fault. If lithium-ion batteries are not manufactured with proper care then they can explode with a bang. Of course, with black stuff and smoke coming out.
[/quote]

I remember reading somewhere that it gets contaminated while manufacturing, and even small amount of contamination can cause explosions. Other companies like Sony, HP, Dell etc. etc. have had problems too though, not with their phones. Even Nokia had few batteries they replaced. Apple only makes 1 phone, they should be more careful I guess and their batteries aren’t even user replaceable.

My guess is that it must be battery’s fault. If lithium-ion batteries are not manufactured with proper care then they can explode with a bang. Of course, with black stuff and smoke coming out.
[/quote]

Handling precautions during use are more relevant for this compared to manufacturing process. Most lithium batteries are toxic and a short can result in fire.

In my personal view, simply this is a bad time for Apple now a days.

some things are getting happened to them and if some things are not then Apple itself is doing some things bad, you have seen a lot of news about it too.

-----

and about the kind of batteries. I am not as that expert about hardware parts. but as with handling these stuff. I'll agree that Precautions for Handling and Using is as much important as the Manufacturing Part.

I have seen many of them blaming that why Apple doesn't fully give the device to their customers to use that as they want. Ofcourse the consumer wants to use it as an owner of it. and they find many other ways to fully own the device and do what ever they want to do with it.

Yes. I am talking about Illegal Jailbreaking. Apple never asks you to do that. there must be some reasons why Apple doesn't want you to do that.

Current Jailbreaking Solutions actually fully open your device to the developers, they can do what ever they want to do. but when there is no Authentication made upon any kind of Software Installation on the Jailbroken Device, that software can really make your device a pool of fire.

because when un-approved softwares are used very openly and without any validation passes then there are most possibilities that these softwares would eatup your device hardware, memory, processor, etc.

(I would like to remind you.... what do you guys take precautions when doing the Overclocking on your Computers) not on the whole but this is just a relative hint.

for an example I read many news and articles that iPhone 3G 3.0 firmware is buggy and makes your iPhone Heatup. but to me that is not really true. the Factory Firmware was really pure enough(not fully though some kinks are always in there) to keep your iPhone good at all.

It was the Jailbreak which puts these kind of troubles on your device. some functions that the device really doesn't want to perform, are forcely performed on the instructions of un-wanted softwares. that leads the device to consume more and more power, to use more memory, and to use more than enough processor.

I think It was enough and brief.

off-the-topic

but the question is why do some guys really like a device that could not perform such functions "which actually it should perform in real and should be factory built-in with". as it is much expensive probably more costly than a good Computer.

[/quote]

:lol: No Doubt…!

At last BBC News confirmed my theory, or at least they have same as mine that the Lithium-ion batteries could be the culprit:

[h]'Exploding' iPhones investigated[/h]

It has been reported that the device's lithium ion batteries could be the source of the problem.

[/quote]

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8223005.stm

^that was good. your theory :)

I'll be watching for the root cause, why those batteries in iPhone acted like that.

Maybe a bad lot. Just like Sony and Dell having defective battries etc. I personally use a 1st generation iphone (had it for two years now) and know two other friend who have 3G models. Never had any problems.

reallly meansss iphone is nt guddd…
[/quote]

This is the first post I’ve seen from you that is longer than 3 words. But if you have something useful to say, then say it, this isn’t like chatting that you say whatever comes to your mind.