Beware from UFONE ! (infoservices activated automatically)

salam

recently since a few days i m receiving one msg daily in the morning that

Thankyou for using ufone info services !

today i called them and asked what is this , i never subscribed any info services so why i m rcvng this typo msg ??

they said there is a subscription against this nmber , i said i want to deactivate this , they asked about my address , my NIC number , the area i m at the moment :) and several other things . atlast i got rid of this super imposed service .

the charges of this f******* service was 34 per month .

i think PTA is just sleeping after having its share !

^^ true same happening here also daily getting msg

ufone is a shyt .. I got to know that I was having 6 other numbers registered on my ID card in which 1 was my personal and the rest were bogus:S luckily I saw that by sending a ID number onto 666 .. I went to their head-office in blue area Islamabad and canceled all those numbers by showing ID card and blah blah.. be aware guys Ufone is weird

The info services automatically activated when you register at their website. It was free 1 year ago, but now daily 1+tax :( moreover cannot be deactivated by web/sms, you have to spend additional 1+tax to call helpline and then ask to deactivate it.

Yep! it's probably you have once signed up with the info services on the website or by the phone when it was free

but now it's not free at all. I never signup for these InfoServices and so I am not receiving any kind of this message.

But yes this is bad. if they didn't alert their customers first about it that they are going to impose charges on these services.

@MZC,

-I guess the Web2SMS Chat charges are payable to the user at the Phone only when he replies to a message, and not the user at the website. even there is no identity on the Web Interface (In the Older Version)

-However I am not sure about the new version where it requires a login with your Ufone Mobile Number. but it also has an option to login as Guest where you only need to register with an email address, which again makes me think that it is also not charge able to the user at the Web Interface.

Though I tried registering as a Guest but didn't received an email containing the password. So I am not yet able to login and test this service how it charges the Guest..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yep! it’s probably you have once signed up with the info services on the website or by the phone when it was free

but now it’s not free at all. I never signup for these InfoServices and so I am not receiving any kind of this message.

But yes this is bad. if they didn’t alert their customers first about it that they are going to impose charges on these services.

@MZC,

-I guess the Web2SMS Chat charges are payable to the user at the Phone only when he replies to a message, and not the user at the website. even there is no identity on the Web Interface (In the Older Version)

-However I am not sure about the new version where it requires a login with your Ufone Mobile Number. but it also has an option to login as Guest where you only need to register with an email address, which again makes me think that it is also not charge able to the user at the Web Interface.

Though I tried registering as a Guest but didn’t received an email containing the password. So I am not yet able to login and test this service how it charges the Guest…

[/quote]

web/sms didn’t mean web2sms, it means via web or via sms :(

I remembered reading about this somewhere: http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1144

web/sms didn’t mean web2sms, it means via web or via sms :(

[/quote]

:D my bad

by the I still didn’t get that email containing password

I am also getting this Info service message from past 3 days. What i have to do to deactivate it ?

I am also getting this Info service message from past 3 days. What i have to do to deactivate it ?
[/quote]

Call them and threaten them with a lawsuit in a serious no-nonsense voice. It was only after I did this that this “nonsense” stopped.

I asked this because i don't have NIC right now. My dad is out of town and this SIM is registered on that NIC.

^they just need the ID card number, name, address and it will be deactivated, there is no need for lawsuit threat :D

I asked this because i don’t have NIC right now. My dad is out of town and this SIM is registered on that NIC.
[/quote]

call him and ask for the id card number :)

^they just need the ID card number, name, address and it will be deactivated, there is no need for lawsuit threat :D
[/quote]

I got it disabled On Sunday. Within the next week, it was activated by itself twice. Until I ripped into the CSR (first one was Nauman and the second one Usman) and threatened them, they kept re-activating it. Stupid douchebags…

Not only this. I am also getting 2 to 4 messages daily by some random 3-digits number like 492.

I got it disabled On Sunday. Within the next week, it was activated by itself twice. Until I ripped into the CSR (first one was Nauman and the second one Usman) and threatened them, they kept re-activating it. Stupid douchebags…

[/quote]

Yeh! thats the problem, mostly these CSR’s even don’t know what to do. so they put you on hold with a boring music and then ask their seniors. . .

Same problem here . called then 3 times , still the issue exists

Note down he name of each CSR and the time you make a call. Next time you call to get the service disabled, tell them who attended your calls and at what times previously and then threaten them with a lawsuit. Specifically tell them you will drag them to court for millions of rupees for service malpractices and false charging for unsolicited info services.

Best solution:

Email them by filling their contact form available on their website. Next day they will ring you. I have experienced it.

But your problem will be solved that cannot be guaranteed. :P

I had the same issue, Infoservice activated automatically, and i had to call 333 to deactivate it.

This is very bad...without customer permission they activated a CHARGED service.d