Better to Buy Cellphone from Pakistan or Dubai?

Hi guys is it better to buy nokia cellphone from Pakistan or say other country like UAE/ Dubai? reason being i hear the dealers here take out all the original accessories and put in local/cheap china stuff.. yes then there will be the warrenty issue if the thing goes "kaput" but is'nt there a global warranty on the nokia cellphone?

And whats the deal with having Finland made set? is it better than Hungary, Germany etc? if that is the case which made is the most undesirable one? i hear Chimera sells only Finland made sets though i dont know where they are located in Karachi..

thanks in advance for the input guys

take care.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi guys is it better to buy nokia cellphone from Pakistan or say other country like UAE/ Dubai? reason being i hear the dealers here take out all the original accessories and put in local/cheap china stuff… yes then there will be the warrenty issue if the thing goes “kaput” but is’nt there a global warranty on the nokia cellphone?

And whats the deal with having Finland made set? is it better than Hungary, Germany etc? if that is the case which made is the most undesirable one? i hear Chimera sells only Finland made sets though i dont know where they are located in Karachi…

thanks in advance for the input guys

take care.

[/quote]

well the finland made sets i heard that they are solid built coz of the wages to high dere and workdone is pretty good and no u can buy nokia sets here and all the new pin pack mobiles accessories are genuine.i bought my n73 and nothin was changed.

Buy from Pakistan so you can easily claim warranty

I recently bought a Nokia Accessory from Doha, Qatar (Bluetooth Headset) and its warranty card mentions warranty is valid in Pakistan. So warranty should not be an issue. With the dollar gaining power against rupee every day, its better to check current prices in Pakistan using websites like http://www.whatmobile.com.pk/ while shopping in Dubai etc. It is quite possible that one may find a better (read cheaper) deal there.

warrenty outside pakistan is not accepted any where in Pakistan , i have tried a lot but all in vain

yes warranty outside Pakistan based sets can not be claimed and those items which claim to have international warranty well they have to be send to Dubai for claim.i was just skepctical that they take away the original charger and accessories and put in china made copies..

plus which make is the worst and should be avoided on a must basis? HUngary, Germany, China?

yes warranty outside Pakistan based sets can not be claimed and those items which claim to have international warranty well they have to be send to Dubai for claim.i was just skepctical that they take away the original charger and accessories and put in china made copies…

plus which make is the worst and should be avoided on a must basis? HUngary, Germany, China?

[/quote]

china offcourse

other both are fine

prefer to buy from dubai/uae.

this holds true especially when people r selling apple 3G in 62900 pkr.

i hav been using cells for the last 6-7 yrs. and my experience is that u won't need warranty if ur cell works fine for the first couple of days.

warrenty outside pakistan is not accepted any where in Pakistan , i have tried a lot but all in vain
[/quote]

Hmm…Nokia has started taking care of warranty claims/repairs in Karachi via their newly opened Nokia Care. Did you also checked with them?

Nokia Care? is that a website or a service center if so where is it located?

Nokia care is the Nokia Service Centre. They have recently opened it apparently after having many complaints about how local dealers were handling customer services.

In Karachi, it is on Shahra-e-Faisal near Tipu Sultan Road signal. While coming from Airport side, look for it on the left side immediately after crossing the Tipu Sultan Road Signal (the one after Baloch Colony bridge).

I am not sure whether they have opened shop in other cities though.

They are not into sales but they have real phones on display there that you can check out to your heart's content. Not like usual shops who show you dummies and you have to buy the phone in order to explore its features.

It depends where you buy phone but I suggest you to buy from pakistan

If You wanna buy a Brandy one..like Samsuny or Nokia etc,then you can buy from anywherre from you want...but if china,then Dubai.

you do realize this is a five years old thread?

image.png

Buy from Pakistan, so you can be suitable for warranty