Best Wifi Router

Hello Guys

Please introduce me the best routers which r available in Pakistan !

Linksys WRT54GL is the best hands down. It's been with me for about 4 years (or more, don't really remember) I tried Asus - when my Linksys' firmware got corrupted (due to load shedding) and I thought the router died - and it was the worst router experience I've ever had. Then I installed dd-wrt on WRT54GL and it has been working flawlessly ever since. :)

[quote=“Specter, post:2, topic:15792”]

Linksys WRT54GL is the best hands down. It’s been with me for about 4 years (or more, don’t really remember) I tried Asus - when my Linksys’ firmware got corrupted (due to load shedding) and I thought the router died - and it was the worst router experience I’ve ever had. Then I installed dd-wrt on WRT54GL and it has been working flawlessly ever since. :)

[/quote]

thnx 4 introducing, How many meters can it broadcast wireless waves ?

Can you give more information about this dd-wrt ?

^ You can always google about this :)

I am using TP-Link WR740N at home & office and installed TP-Link-3G for Evo at a friend's place. All working smooth. No issues. Easy interface and easy to install. Price is less than linksys.

Well i am using Netgear's ADSL Modem Wireless Router DG834G for almost 2 years and its just great... and i bought old used one... and still its working for me great...

I've been searching for an ADSL wireless router (i.e. a wireless router that has built-in ADSL modem) which has the bandwidth management feature, but have been unsuccessful so far!

Anybody knows of such a device?

[quote=“ahmadnaveed, post:5, topic:15792”]

I am using TP-Link WR740N at home & office and installed TP-Link-3G for Evo at a friend’s place. All working smooth. No issues. Easy interface and easy to install. Price is less than linksys.

[/quote]

Ahmed,

Can you tell me how to use TP-Link-3G? Is this the same thing in which you can connect your Evo to a Router for wifi?

Do you have a link for the device?

^

TP-Link wifi router TL-MR3420 or TL-MR3440 has a USB port where you can connect the evo usb device.

Once you plugged in your USB Device go to the router page (assuming that you know how to reach there).

Then do the following steps:

1- Go To Quick Setup

2- Check on 3G only and click next

3- Check on Manual APS box

Now Enter The Following details

Dial number: #777

APN: (leave it blank)

Username: vwireless@ptcl.com

Password: ptcl

4- Next Next Next Save Reboot and you are done.

ps. Don't get misguided by ptcl customer support. they may ask you to upgrade the firmware of your router (quite risky) which is not actually required.

TL-MR3420_back.jpg

Edit: added pictures of wifi router

Linksys WRT54GL running Tomato.

Linksys WRT54GS running DD-WRT 24, SP1, and its covering 4 Canals of Area, set transmit power to 250mw, and using an external cooler to cool the routing processor, as its overclocked at 250MHz.

[quote=“Asad, post:10, topic:15792”]

Linksys WRT54GL running Tomato.

[/quote][quote=“lahoreonline, post:11, topic:15792”]

Linksys WRT54GS running DD-WRT 24, SP1, and its covering 4 Canals of Area, set transmit power to 250mw, and using an external cooler to cool the routing processor, as its overclocked at 250MHz.

[/quote]

I live in Lahore and am really interested in purchasing a WRT54G gateway. Would you guys mind sharing where were you able to purchase yours?

[quote=“ahmadnaveed, post:9, topic:15792”]

^

TP-Link wifi router TL-MR3420 or TL-MR3440 has a USB port where you can connect the evo usb device.

Once you plugged in your USB Device go to the router page (assuming that you know how to reach there).

Then do the following steps:

1- Go To Quick Setup

2- Check on 3G only and click next

3- Check on Manual APS box

Now Enter The Following details

Dial number: #777

APN: (leave it blank)

Username: vwireless@ptcl.com

Password: ptcl

4- Next Next Next Save Reboot and you are done.

ps. Don’t get misguided by ptcl customer support. they may ask you to upgrade the firmware of your router (quite risky) which is not actually required.

TL-MR3420_back.jpg

Edit: added pictures of wifi router

[/quote]

What about the pc requirement? Will it require us to turn the PC in ON state?

When we connect EVO then it needs us to first click on connect from its interface.

Any way to pass it and use EVO without PC/laptop.

I need to connect an ethernet cable with a decoder of dish which needs internet access.

^

No PC requirement. Wireless router will do the dialing and connecting automatically. You will remain connected as long as router is ON.

Connect your decoder's Ethernet cable to LAN1 and that's all.

abdulbasitsaeed

Well there are new models available too, the one i use is almost like 2 years old...if you want a cost effective solution, try finding one on the forums. sometime back i read that the Asus WL500G, with DDWRT has much a remark, do try to see how much is it available for.

See if it suits you.

Thank you. I am actually interested in running the Linksys WRT54G series with Tomato. :)

hmm.. Tomato is by far simple and clean, but the issue with it is that it only supports the WRT series with v1 - v4, the newer ones it does not.

Linksys WRT54GL is good one

Hair Transplant In Pakistan