Best Video Format

Dear All which is the best video format to watch movies on 1080P display?

mkv ftw

MKV, MP4, AVI, whatever the file format, the codec should be H264 and AAC.

one of the most impotent thing to realize about video is that the formate matter less than the actual method of compression so the formate whether it is .mkv .avi .mov isn't really matter all that much what matter is codec & codec is short for compressor decompresser & what that means a system that is used to compress the video

one of the most popular formate out these days is H264 this is very extremely powerful video compressor also H264 make very tiny files for the web lots of devices like on iPhone other mobile devices it comes from h264 video the method used to compress h264 so this is very popular way to compress videos and have a still really good and very small file sizes

Video Codec: Xvid, DivX, MPEG-4 & x264 (with highest bitrates for best quality)

Audio Codec: AC3, AAC & MP3 (with highest bitrates for best quality)

Container: Any (But AVI, MP4 & MKV are suggested)

And between Xvid & x264, both can provide excellent quality, but Xvids require higher bitrates than x264s for the same quality.

I have downloaded the movies in Xvid and DivX format but the video result is not good. The files are about 1.35 to 2.65 GBs but get shades on the screen.Does these formats have the same approximate volume and what to do to improve video quality?

I personally like MPEG-4 and AVI video formats

if you have canon 7d or 5d mark ll one those cameras that make videos they also out put H264

[quote=“AHS, post:6, topic:15594”]

I have downloaded the movies in Xvid and DivX format but the video result is not good. The files are about 1.35 to 2.65 GBs but get shades on the screen.Does these formats have the same approximate volume and what to do to improve video quality?

[/quote]

The 480p movies you’ve downloaded aren’t likely to look good on your 1080p monitor, so download at least 720p movie rips, or 1080p rips if you’ve got a fast Internet connection.

As friend are suggesting MKV is best, greater quality with less file size.

mkv+h264

mkv+264 is the best but it depends from which kind of video print is ripped

TrueHD +x264+ mkv