Best Split AC brand in Pakistan

[quote=", post:57, topic:1275"]

But I want to know Mitsubishi’s 1, and 1.5 ton model air conditioner’s power consumption. You know, electricity is much expensive in Pakistan, and we people are much conscious about power consumption.

[/quote]

Mitsubishi (Electric) Mr. Slim Xtreme in Pakistan are MS-C series models whose specifications on a Malaysian website are given here: http://www.melcosales.com.my/images/aircon/rac/ms-c_spec.pdf

You can find the detailed power / current input for different voltages in the pdf.

If you look around in the above website, you will also notice that Mitsubishi MS-C models (which are considered ‘premium’ in Pakistan) are actually very basic and low-end models by International standards !

Would also like to share info on amperes drawn by my Haier 12LEK split AC (1 ton). Initially it draws around 6 - 6.5 amperes, but after a while, when the room starts to cool it takes somewhere b/w 5.5 - 5.7 amperes which is reasonable.

any recommendations for gree which is being manufactured by dwp group in Pakistan(the assembler of Samsung ac)? moreover, i want to install a 12000 btu (1 ton) split in 13x20 ft room having one wall directly exposed to sunlight after 12 o' clock. will it do the job or i should install a 1.5 ton ac.

[quote=“xaheer, post:63, topic:1275”]

any recommendations for gree which is being manufactured by dwp group in Pakistan(the assembler of Samsung ac)? moreover, i want to install a 12000 btu (1 ton) split in 13x20 ft room having one wall directly exposed to sunlight after 12 o’ clock. will it do the job or i should install a 1.5 ton ac.

[/quote]

It depends on your usage pattern:

You might be better off with 1 ton AC:

- If you run your AC mostly during night and keep it on while sleeping

- If you keep running your AC for long durations at a time (i.e. 5+ hours)

- If you can live with the fact that smaller AC might take an hour to cool down you room.

You should consider 1.5 ton AC:

- If you tend to run your AC at daytime most of the time.

- If a significant portion of your room comes under direct sunlight during the time of the day when you run your AC, or if your room is on top floor with roof exposed to sunlight all day long.

- If you have large windows, esp. towards sun-facing side.

- If you like to run your AC for short durations at a time (i.e. 1-3 hours)

- If you want your room to cool quickly, probably because you run AC for shorter durations (such as in TV lounge)

- If you can expect presence of a large number of people at a time while running AC in the room(such as in TV lounge or drawing room)

- If your room does not have optimum sealing (e.g. partitioned by curtains, big gaps from where air can escape)

- If you want your room to be extra-chilled.

You should not listen to what shop-keepers have to say, they would persuade you to purchase the largest available tonnage. They claim that high tonnage AC is alway better, but in fact it’s the other way round:

- A large capacity AC will indeed cool down the room quickly, however once the room has achieved the desired temperature, it will start ‘short cycling’, i.e. compressor will run for unnecessarily shorter durations and will cycle (i.e. shut on/off) a large number of times in a given time frame. The ‘short-cycling’ will have a significant impact on the efficiency of your AC (i.e. it will consume unnecessary extra power than would have been required by a lower capacity AC to achieve the same results), whereas since the compressor will run for overall shorter durations in a given time period and with lesser efficiency too, it will remove less moisture from the room. Remember that AC’s job is not only to bring the room down to the desired temperature but also to maintain the humidity at an optimum level. The humidity factor is completely overlooked here in our market, even though it has a considerable impact on making the air-conditioned environment more comfortable to humans.

Having said that, I would like to tell you that I have recently installed a 1 ton AC in my room which is 190 sq. feet. My usage pattern lies in the first category that I’ve outlined above, i.e. I run it mostly during night and for long durations (6 - 10 hours). Even though the AC takes a bit of time initially to cool down the room, I strongly believe that I would have been better off with 0.75 ton AC in my 190 sq. feet room (unfortunately, its hard to find 0.75 tons AC these days in Pakistan). I continuously monitor the humidity level of my room with a hygrometer and it turns out that once the room has cooled down, the humidity starts to rise again to sub-optimum levels indicating that compressor remains shut off for most of the time during nighttime. However, occasionally when I run the AC during daytime (though my room is shaded), when outside temperatures are higher, humidity levels do not rise much indicating that compressor remains on most of the time.

On the other hand my TV lounge falls in the 2nd category and I tend to run the AC for around 2 hours and would like the room to cool quickly, therefore there I have a 2 ton AC for 300+ sq. feet area.

There is following good brands for AC

Hitachi

Daikin

Mitsubishi

[quote=“koder, post:54, topic:1275”]

Specter whats your Ac monthly bill?

[/quote]

3.5k for 10-12 hour average daily usage.

a 25% regulatory duty previously imposed on air conditioners have been waived off. is it right? what would be its impact on the prices of new ACs?

[quote=“xaheer, post:67, topic:1275”]

a 25% regulatory duty previously imposed on air conditioners have been waived off. is it right? what would be its impact on the prices of new ACs?

[/quote]

What u think, its pakistan… :D

the best brands of ac in Pakistan are only and only Panasonic and General and i can say this cz its my business :)

[quote=“mak111, post:64, topic:1275”]

It depends on your usage pattern:

You might be better off with 1 ton AC:

- If you run your AC mostly during night and keep it on while sleeping

- If you keep running your AC for long durations at a time (i.e. 5+ hours)

- If you can live with the fact that smaller AC might take an hour to cool down you room.

You should consider 1.5 ton AC:

- If you tend to run your AC at daytime most of the time.

- If a significant portion of your room comes under direct sunlight during the time of the day when you run your AC, or if your room is on top floor with roof exposed to sunlight all day long.

- If you have large windows, esp. towards sun-facing side.

- If you like to run your AC for short durations at a time (i.e. 1-3 hours)

- If you want your room to cool quickly, probably because you run AC for shorter durations (such as in TV lounge)

- If you can expect presence of a large number of people at a time while running AC in the room(such as in TV lounge or drawing room)

- If your room does not have optimum sealing (e.g. partitioned by curtains, big gaps from where air can escape)

- If you want your room to be extra-chilled.

You should not listen to what shop-keepers have to say, they would persuade you to purchase the largest available tonnage. They claim that high tonnage AC is alway better, but in fact it’s the other way round:

- A large capacity AC will indeed cool down the room quickly, however once the room has achieved the desired temperature, it will start ‘short cycling’, i.e. compressor will run for unnecessarily shorter durations and will cycle (i.e. shut on/off) a large number of times in a given time frame. The ‘short-cycling’ will have a significant impact on the efficiency of your AC (i.e. it will consume unnecessary extra power than would have been required by a lower capacity AC to achieve the same results), whereas since the compressor will run for overall shorter durations in a given time period and with lesser efficiency too, it will remove less moisture from the room. Remember that AC’s job is not only to bring the room down to the desired temperature but also to maintain the humidity at an optimum level. The humidity factor is completely overlooked here in our market, even though it has a considerable impact on making the air-conditioned environment more comfortable to humans.

Having said that, I would like to tell you that I have recently installed a 1 ton AC in my room which is 190 sq. feet. My usage pattern lies in the first category that I’ve outlined above, i.e. I run it mostly during night and for long durations (6 - 10 hours). Even though the AC takes a bit of time initially to cool down the room, I strongly believe that I would have been better off with 0.75 ton AC in my 190 sq. feet room (unfortunately, its hard to find 0.75 tons AC these days in Pakistan). I continuously monitor the humidity level of my room with a hygrometer and it turns out that once the room has cooled down, the humidity starts to rise again to sub-optimum levels indicating that compressor remains shut off for most of the time during nighttime. However, occasionally when I run the AC during daytime (though my room is shaded), when outside temperatures are higher, humidity levels do not rise much indicating that compressor remains on most of the time.

On the other hand my TV lounge falls in the 2nd category and I tend to run the AC for around 2 hours and would like the room to cool quickly, therefore there I have a 2 ton AC for 300+ sq. feet area.

[/quote]

For once, glad to hear someone is clear on how the air conditioners work. And the analysis is on dot! Its a pity how the general concept is that a bigger AC would cool down the room in 5-10 minutes & “trip” and hence use less electricity. Interestingly I have never found an AC sales person who knows or even agrees with this theory. Like mak111 explained … nobody considers the fact that an AC is supposed to remove moisture from the air as well. Not to mention, the maximum efficiency of an AC (measured in EER) is only achieved when the compressor is run for a longer period of time and then shuts down again for a longer period, something that wouldn’t happen when you buy more BTU than is needed.

To testify, I have used a 1 ton Mitsubishi air conditioner for over 5 years in a 16x12 bedroom on the upper floor with 2 walls and the roof exposed to sun. And it was perfect for bedroom use! A good indicator of an AC bigger than necessary is that your room would feel chilly when the AC compressor is ON, but as soon as it shuts down, the air starts feeling warm. More BTU than required result in an uncomfortable room so one should never buy an AC bigger than required.

Just my two cents.

I want to buy 2 AC for my home.

Presently i am having
3 Haier 1.5 Ton (Split Units) which were bought on Sept 2012
1 PEL 2 Ton (Window Unit) which was bought in June 2002

I am fedup of Haier because 2 of my AC gas leaked and i spent 4000 for this all gas charging and their Customer Services are too much slow and not friendly they also charge for home checking of AC Rs 150 and installation charges are Rs 2500 for 1 AC unit

For buying AC i have to buy it on installament.
I have to buy from CSD Rwp and to them these AC Units are Available and i have to buy 1.5 Ton Units:-

- Gree
- Kenwood
- Chang Hong RUBA
- Dawlance
- Haier

Help me to choose best from all these Vendor list.

Gree OR - Kenwood

GREE is the best Split AC brand in Pakistan

ok i want to know that i have 3 haier AC

there airflow swing is on automatic when they are running but when the electricity goes off and comes back on the automatic swing is not performing auto up and down its at one postion

Instead of neutering your split for 1200rs why not take the power socket out when running the generator :)

Has anyone given any thought to Solar powered AC's ? google em up for specs and prices

whats the deal with this vacuum pump? and which ac installation people use it?

Ok today bought 2 Gree AC but i applied for GREE GS-18CZ7 and instead of that i got GREE GS-18CZ8.What is the difference is GREE GS-18CZ8 latest or oldest.

The best brand of Split Ac in pakistan is Gree. I am using it from last 5 years and it is working perfectly.

After all Kaptaan has come into the National Assembly and great speech by Kaptaan.

Watch the speech of Imran Khan in the National Assembly on 19 June 2013

http://www.apkatv.com/2013/06/19/imran-khan-speech-in-national-assembly-19th-june-2013/

Can anybody confirm 1 ton prices for gree and haier? Karachi.

Sent from my JY-G2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

[quote=“shahjeepakistani, post:, topic:”]

I am planning to buy a 1 or 1.5 Ton Split AC unit. Would appreciate if members share their experience and guide me about selecting good and best brand Split AC.

[/quote]

Just go for Haier. I have used all AC brands in pakistan, LG, Mitsu, General etc Trust me bro its the best