Best Split AC brand in Pakistan

There is recent advertisement from Haier on TV claiming DC Inverter technology in their ACs. Any more details on the subject ??

It seems that even though Haier may be a good company, there customer service in Pakistan seems way too lowsy:

1. I called their UAN this morning inquiring about which models have the so-claimed 'dc-inverter', the agent gave me phone number of their 'marketing department' and nobody picks up the phone on that number!

2. Their are apparantly two versions of haier.com.pk website (try googling) and I am not sure which one is supposed to be the correct one. The information posted on the websites is scarce and ambigous.

3. On one of their websites, I tried calling their display center in Karachi only to find out that 'that the numbers dialed no more exist'

There is no point in giving a fancy advertisement on TV, if your maketing and sales teams are living in the 19th century ! What a shame.

Panasonic

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

There is recent advertisement from Haier on TV claiming DC Inverter technology in their ACs. Any more details on the subject ??

It seems that even though Haier may be a good company, there customer service in Pakistan seems way too lowsy:

1. I called their UAN this morning inquiring about which models have the so-claimed ‘dc-inverter’, the agent gave me phone number of their ‘marketing department’ and nobody picks up the phone on that number!

2. Their are apparantly two versions of haier.com.pk website (try googling) and I am not sure which one is supposed to be the correct one. The information posted on the websites is scarce and ambigous.

3. On one of their websites, I tried calling their display center in Karachi only to find out that 'that the numbers dialed no more exist’

There is no point in giving a fancy advertisement on TV, if your maketing and sales teams are living in the 19th century ! What a shame.

[/quote]

Well! i bought their inverter series model HS18 CY03 in December 2010.according to previous site of Haier and shopkeeper it has dc inverter compressor but nothing in mentioned on an manual and box about it.i remember i go through the same phase,there UAN directed me to marketing department but no picked the call.i tried their service center as well but they don’t know about inverter thing.their UAN don’t even aware of specification of their products.Lot of numbers given at their site are don’t even exists.even some email id are invalid as well.Anyways! i bought on relying their previous site and shopkeeper’s info coz its only invert model available in Pakistan.Haier’s india site has inverter models which seems same as mine.

it is installed but covered, haven used it yet and it seem no chance to use it in near future due to load shading conditions.quality wise it looks good,I’ll share my experience after using it.

1. I called their UAN this morning inquiring about which models have the so-claimed ‘dc-inverter’, the agent gave me phone number of their ‘marketing department’ and nobody picks up the phone on that number!

3. On one of their websites, I tried calling their display center in Karachi only to find out that ‘that the numbers dialed no more exist’

[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
Well! i bought their inverter series model HS18 CY03 in December 2010.according to previous site of Haier and shopkeeper it has dc inverter compressor but nothing in mentioned on an manual and box about it.i remember i go through the same phase,there UAN directed me to marketing department but no picked the call.i tried their service center as well but they don’t know about inverter thing.their UAN don’t even aware of specification of their products.Lot of numbers given at their site are don’t even exists.even some email id are invalid as well.Anyways! i bought on relying their previous site and shopkeeper’s info coz its only invert model available in Pakistan.Haier’s india site has inverter models which seems same as mine.

it is installed but covered, haven used it yet and it seem no chance to use it in near future due to load shading conditions.quality wise it looks good,I’ll share my experience after using it.

[/quote]

Whatever it is, Haier is making the best Air Conditioners in Pakistan. In comparison with other companies’ Air Conditioners, their cooling capability is far too good with relatively less consumption of electricity. Inverter air conditioners are the best choice when electricity is too much expensive, and an ordinary person is unable to use air conditioners in such dumb conditions. Inverter AC does not mean that it will work during Load Shedding or when power is failed.

[/quote]

I surveyed the market last week in Karachi, Haier invertor model (1 ton) costs PKR 70,000 plus !!, yes I confirmed it with two different dealers so it’s not that I misheard. And btw, no dealer knew what Inverter actually is, even they looked astonished after hearing the prices from company representatives, as one of them blatantly inquired “Yeh inverter hoti kya cheez hai” ? :)

Hence, definitely CY03 is not an inverter-type, their website sucks, giving false information.

LEK 3 is Haier’s latest model (standard split AC) and the lowest quote I could get of 1 ton unit was 29,500, however, the other previous models e.g. LEA, CEA are going about the same rates as far as I could learn.

I have ordered it from one of my neighborhood shops and it will be arriving soon.

Now the next big hurdle is finding a decent technician to install it. I spent the whole of my last weekend looking for good installation practices and it turned out that all the manufacturers and almost all the technicians abroad use vacuum pump to evacuate the copper lines and check for leaks before making the AC operational. This is standard practice followed internationally. However, when I inquired a couple of local technicians, one of them said that they never heard of vacuum pump, and another one commented that “yeh sub kehne ki baatain hain”.

If you look around on google on different forums, you will find why vacuuming is so important. They say that the AC will continue to function normally, however the compressor will be prone to failure before it’s actual end-of-life, since any moisture or air left behind will gradually corrode the compressor and condensor interior. And now I know why do compressor fail after only a few years, they are made to last a good 9-10 years, the desi technicians blame it on KESC, however, what I have learned is the new ACs are equipped with special circuitry to prevent damage to compressor from fluctuations in electricty besides other things. One other side-effect, besides early compressor failure, of not vacuuming the lines is that the efficiency of AC is lowered by 5-6 %, i.e. it consumes more power by this much amount. So imagine ppl buying Mitsubihshi and other expensive ACs to save electricity. They are perhaps not aware that poor installation practice will offset everything and will also endanger the expected life of compressor.

After all this, may I please request if anyone knows of proper technicians for installing AC, esp. in Defence / Clifton area in Karachi ?

I surveyed the market last week in Karachi, Haier invertor model (1 ton) costs PKR 70,000 plus !!, yes I confirmed it with two different dealers so it’s not that I misheard. And btw, no dealer knew what Inverter actually is, even they looked astonished after hearing the prices from company representatives, as one of them blatantly inquired “Yeh inverter hoti kya cheez hai” ? :)

Hence, definitely CY03 is not an inverter-type, their website sucks, giving false information.

LEK 3 is Haier’s latest model (standard split AC) and the lowest quote I could get of 1 ton unit was 29,500, however, the other previous models e.g. LEA, CEA are going about the same rates as far as I could learn.

I have ordered it from one of my neighborhood shops and it will be arriving soon.

Now the next big hurdle is finding a decent technician to install it. I spent the whole of my last weekend looking for good installation practices and it turned out that all the manufacturers and almost all the technicians abroad use vacuum pump to evacuate the copper lines and check for leaks before making the AC operational. This is standard practice followed internationally. However, when I inquired a couple of local technicians, one of them said that they never heard of vacuum pump, and another one commented that “yeh sub kehne ki baatain hain”.

If you look around on google on different forums, you will find why vacuuming is so important. They say that the AC will continue to function normally, however the compressor will be prone to failure before it’s actual end-of-life, since any moisture or air left behind will gradually corrode the compressor and condensor interior. And now I know why do compressor fail after only a few years, they are made to last a good 9-10 years, the desi technicians blame it on KESC, however, what I have learned is the new ACs are equipped with special circuitry to prevent damage to compressor from fluctuations in electricty besides other things. One other side-effect, besides early compressor failure, of not vacuuming the lines is that the efficiency of AC is lowered by 5-6 %, i.e. it consumes more power by this much amount. So imagine ppl buying Mitsubihshi and other expensive ACs to save electricity. They are perhaps not aware that poor installation practice will offset everything and will also endanger the expected life of compressor.

After all this, may I please request if anyone knows of proper technicians for installing AC, esp. in Defence / Clifton area in Karachi ?

[/quote]

u r right.i mailed them about 3 days before and they confirmed that CY03 is not inverter type AC.I told them they should replace my unit otherwise I’ll complain in consumer courts, i also mailed their higher management about this.after my complaint, the redirect the old site which was giving false info to new site.In short they agreed to change the unit with inverter model if i pay the price difference.Inverter model price is 90k(1.5ton).I’m thinking that i should not go for inverter model of haier as their CS manager didn’t even know the specifications of it.Instead of spend 90k on haier i’ll wait some renowned brand to launch inverter model.

You’ll not find any technician using vacuum pump here.technicians here r not technical enough to understand these things.For warranty u have to install the Ac from haier’s technician and they r same as others…

umans:

I did call their customer service center and the agent informed that anybody can install the AC, and that doesn't necessarily have to be from Haier. Are you sure about this condition ? And did you get it installed by Haier yourself ?

umans:

I did call their customer service center and the agent informed that anybody can install the AC, and that doesn’t necessarily have to be from Haier. Are you sure about this condition ? And did you get it installed by Haier yourself ?

[/quote]

yes i installed from haier’s technician without and cost.i only pay for wire which goes from indoor unit to outdoor unit.on warranty card it is written that warranty can be claimed only when u installed it from Haier’s technician, also there is place of technician stamp on warranty card.

yes i installed from haier’s technician without and cost.i only pay for wire which goes from indoor unit to outdoor unit.on warranty card it is written that warranty can be claimed only when u installed it from Haier’s technician, also there is place of technician stamp on warranty card.

[/quote]

Umans:

How long does it take for Haier engineers to come for installation after calling ? They claim it’s within 24 hours. Are you located in karachi ?

Umans:

How long does it take for Haier engineers to come for installation after calling ? They claim it’s within 24 hours. Are you located in karachi ?

[/quote]

i bought it in december2010 and i was not in hurry to install it.Time decided was two days after the purchase and installer was their at said time.However my warranty card is still blank (no stamp on it) coz installer did not has stamp at that time.i asked the dealer about stamp and he said its not necessary but if i want it can be stamped any time.

I’m from Lahore

I rescently visited Multan/Bhawalpur

Observed mostly people (>80%) have installed LG Split AC's...

around 10 % Mitsubishi ... 10 % Other Brands (Orient /Dawlance)...

In Window Type mostly General ...

Conclusion: In such extreme hot Climate LG Split is the first choice of people so it must be a really good Split AC :)

Sales do not represent which one is the best. It merely suggests which one is the affordable one. There is no question about Mitsubishi split being the best.

Mehenga roi aik baar, sasta roi baar baar.

Recently bought Mitsubishi split 1.5 ton for 60k. It cools the room really well (set at 27c, the lowest it can achieve is 16c) even if the temperature outside is really high.

Specter whats your Ac monthly bill?

Sales do not represent which one is the best. It merely suggests which one is the affordable one. There is no question about Mitsubishi split being the best.

Mehenga roi aik baar, sasta roi baar baar.

[/quote]

If you are using Mitsubishi’s, Can you please tell me how much does it consume power? Because I am willing to buy a new air conditioner.

^the more is the star rating the lesser is the power consumption. and the more is the price....

But I want to know Mitsubishi's 1, and 1.5 ton model air conditioner's power consumption. You know, electricity is much expensive in Pakistan, and we people are much conscious about power consumption.

Efficiency of a AC determine on cooling capacity, noise ratio, power consumption & longevity

If you consider all these thing then LG comes on the top. (Sources: some close friends of electronic dealerships) It's power consumption is very less due to its efficient compressor.

And this is the only brand in Pakistan which comes with Star Ratings

In Pakistan markets there are two types of LG one is Chinese (not Korean) and another one is original (Korean) always check before buying

Don't go for Mitsubishi may it can cool you but it can warm your electric bill with non efficient compressor and Mitsubishi also does not have Star ratings

Well, I have also asked my friends to guide me in this aspect. If LG is a star in making low power consuming compressors, I will definitely go for it.

Has anyone tried Samsung?