Best Split AC brand in Pakistan

i have 3 splits at home all 1Ton

Orient - cooling: not bad, no problems. Has a low speed fan & did'nt have auto start feature when we bought it 5 yrs back but i think newer models have it and have better fans.

LG - cooling: bad. no problems. Has auto-start. Around 5yrs old. Fan speed is kinda poor but better than orient.

Haier - Cooling: best. Gas leaked once. thermostat problem. Auto-start works fine. 3yrs old. Fan has good throw.

Another thing - about the Mitsu splits - we have over 20 1.5 and 2 ton in our office and half of them are not working properly. However the ones that work are ok. In my opinion its overpriced and not good value for money. Better to go for a Gree/Haier/Dawlance or Orient split.

Is there a way to disable the "auto-start" feature in

A/C's ?.

Coming back to the thread, I recently advised a friend

to go for Dawlence, since it's refrigerators work so well.

He got a 1 ton Dawlence and after 3 months, he is again

in the market for something else, since the Dawlence

A/C failed miserably, for him.

We have Mitsubishis. Trouble free and low electricity

consumption. At 26 degrees, they keep a 18x22 room

chilled.

Sheikh 'kulfi' Chilli

At 26 degrees, isnt it supposed to keep the room at 26 degrees? And 26 degrees isnt exactly cold is it?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

chilled.

Sheikh ‘kulfi’ Chilli

[/quote]

Yeah, Mitsubishi ACs are pretty good.

Rumor has it that Mitsubishi and Acson both use the same compressors but I haven’t verified it.

Is there a way to disable the “auto-start” feature in

A/C’s ?.

Coming back to the thread, I recently advised a friend

to go for Dawlence, since it’s refrigerators work so well.

He got a 1 ton Dawlence and after 3 months, he is again

in the market for something else, since the Dawlence

A/C failed miserably, for him.

chilled.

Sheikh ‘kulfi’ Chilli

[/quote]

what was the reason of the failure? not cooling, mechanical or electrical ?

agree with chilli - our splits too work best at 26/27

At 26 degrees, isnt it supposed to keep the room at 26 degrees? And 26 degrees isnt exactly cold is it?
[/quote]

At least from my experience, when the weather is humid 26 degree keeps the room chilled (turn on the ceiling fan if your a/c doesn’t have good air flow if that’s what you need). But when the weather isn’t humid, I have to bring the temperature down to 24 to experience the same chill :confused:

i am using mitsunbusih mr slim and i find it a very very good brand in pakistan.......i know it's rates is high then that of any other ac brand in pakistan but it's performance is sooooooooo nice

i am using mitsunbusih mr slim and i find it a very very good brand in pakistan.......i know it's rates is high then that of any other ac brand in pakistan but it's performance is sooooooooo nice

I've pretty much used all the better brands of a/c's available in the market. The Mitsubishi Mr. Slim wins hands down!

I hear the new model of the mr.slim in our market (smaller in size than the previous model available last year) is not as good in cooling and overall performance.

Is anybody running both? How do they compare?

Thanks

Khizer

I guess I'll answer my own question. The problem we were

having was prior to starting the generator, we had to go

and manually trip the A/Cs, because the Mitsubishis have

a memory auto-start feature and we didn't want to run 'em

on the generator.

In Karachi, there are folks who will take out the motherboard

of your Mitsubishi and add an extra chip on the IC, to thwart

the auto-start feature of your A/C. They charge Rs. 1200/-

to neuter your A/C.

We had all ours neutered and now, if somebody wants to, s/he

can turn his A/C on manually, while the generator is running,

but it won't start automatically.

Sheikh 'Neuter Your Pets & A/Cs' Chilli

well.. i want to ask what about KENWOOD split a/c .... does anyone use KENWOOD splits? what abt its performance and after sales service?

I need a quick idea about Haier ACs, how well do they work with low voltage (180-200v)?

We first bought LG and used it. Afterwards we bought Haier and we liked it so much that we are now using Haier in all our rooms and also in office. Haier's cooling is so good.

In my opinion these 2 are best.

1. Mistubishi Mr Slim

2. Haier

Our Haier's experience is so good.

I need a quick idea about Haier ACs, how well do they work with low voltage (180-200v)?
[/quote]

i have 2 haier ACs both are working good, you need a voltage stabilizer to work in 180-200 V.

Thanx.

With Dawlance AC, I have a very bad experiance.

Dawlance reliable only in Refregerators, not in AC

now using Haier AC, its better than Dawlance. but in cooling Mitsu is the best.

Haier and LG! rates best...

Haier for economical range and LG for superb quality within higher range of budget

Mistubishi Only in my book. And the main reason is inverter technology! Just google and you will find out why its better.

I'd go for Mitsubishi Mr.Slim.