Best Multimedia Player

I think many people get frustrated like me :P when a file type is not supported by a video/audio player but I have found a Multimedia Player that plays almost any file (except real media files). Its KM Player. I have VLC and many more but I think KM Players is the best Multimedia Player around. Try watching DVD and XVIDs on it. It gives so much advanced options for audio and video for both hardware and software. It can be downloaded from the following location:

http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/

Please giver your opinions about your best media player.

For videos: I use Gom Player, with a FFDShow combo. Quicktime alternative and Real Alternative are needed to play their respective file types. GOM supports Winamp's DSPs.

Audio: Winamp. Why? Plugins, customization, performance, library, and a slick DSP plugin I can't live without.

If I can find anything better than Winamp (and can offer me DSP support), I'll shift to it (as Winamp's a resource hog). Don't suggest foobar 2000.

^ i bought those a4tech hd200 headsets with 7.1 surround sound... they are amazing with any player ofcourse as listening to music and watching movies is an extreme experience(better than my sony home theater)... for player i love media player classic or media player home theater and vlc... for codecs i use klite mega codec pack which gives you all the codecs to play anything you want to and it has built in media player classic or media player home theater...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Audio: Winamp. Why? Plugins, customization, performance, library, and a slick DSP plugin I can’t live without.

If I can find anything better than Winamp (and can offer me DSP support), I’ll shift to it (as Winamp’s a resource hog). Don’t suggest foobar 2000.

[/quote]

Amarok is a pretty kick ass player and has all that you want

Currently its only out for Linux but there are Alpha Builds for Windows available and the Final version is expected to come out soon

I like MCP and it works good with K-Lite codec never face any issue.But got prb sometimes with VLC but i heard thats a ultimate versatile multimedia player

Install the Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP). This codec pack has built-in Media Player Classic. With this codec pack using Media Player Classic, you will be able to play nearly every kind of audio/video including TS, MKA, FLV, SWF, RA, RM, ect. etc.

MPC HC, that is Media Player Classic Home-cinema edition.

MPC is no longer maintain, but MPC HC is in continuous progress. I love this light weight player. No need to install anything, only one Exe (5.7MB) file, no other files needed. Just run it and play. I use it on Flash stick and it can play most of files without much hiss and fuss.

i luv window media player wid klite mega codec pack installed

codec are pain in neck really i would like to have all in one type of codec but i think k-lite is best so far

i am fan of KM (Korean Media) Player aswell. light on resources and fast.

Most of media players are actually using Windows Media Player component (ActiveX). Yes, it is true, they are in essence using Windows Media Player.

However, VLC player and MPC player are genuine players. They decode and display by their own method (not using WMP at all). Even you can totally uninstall WMP and use these players.

Amarok is a pretty kick ass player and has all that you want

[/quote]

Heard about it. Linux only, ues. Used it in Ubuntu (I mean - the interface) but not “properly”.

Does it support DSPs? If it doesn’t, then I’m backing out, I’m afraid. Can’t live without the audio compressor plugin I have.

^ yes it does and there are plenty of plugins which enhance the DSP functionality even more

MPC HC, that is Media Player Classic Home-cinema edition.

MPC is no longer maintain, but MPC HC is in continuous progress. I love this light weight player. No need to install anything, only one Exe (5.7MB) file, no other files needed. Just run it and play. I use it on Flash stick and it can play most of files without much hiss and fuss.

[/quote]

+1

Media player home cinema is the best player. I’ve tried dozens and ended up with this. GOM, VLC and BS Player are good too but GOM and VLC have issues with rendering some large mkv files (they lag), and BS Player has sound problems.

All are lightweight but so far after playing dozen of various media files I have no problems whatever so ever with MPC. Get it, it’s the best out there and also most light weight.

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

I am using CCCP these days which has MPC HC as its player. It's codec collection is better than the default ones with MPC HC.

media player classic