Best Institute relating Computer courses in Karachi

Aslamwalaikum,

I'm doing Bcs from VU, As all of you know VU structure is based on thoritical, So one can not have some training type. Any body can recommend any institute which can cover the Bcs courses like java scripting and webdevelopment and all !!!!! I want to enhance my skill with Bcs digry.

Suggestions are welcome.

bump*

CTTC I think is best of one.

http://cttc.net.pk/

Google4u

^ Thanks.

ANy more info or anything which can enhance my skills so that I get better job after graduating ?

@EngeL

I dont know much about VU for BScs. but I guess they offer you to study in a specific assigned Study Center. be regular at there. if the teachers are good then it's only on you how do you go forward.

and if they give an option to change your Study Center as you want then choose one with a better reputation and ask VU to move you there.

In AIOU, one did have a choice of selection after first semester, for now I dont have any idea about that.

any ways.

did you start BS only for courses like java scripting and webdevelopment?

actually for that you didn't need to start BS on whole then. I think I already has advised you just when you were intending to start BS.

any ways now if you have started it then now please stick with it and dont be specific to the web development.

BCS doesn't really mean web development only. there are much courses to get understand.

during these 4 years one actually decides, with what he/she wants to move forward, either it could be software engineering/development(any specific kind of branch, web/desktop), databases, hardware, robotics, etc....

I'd recommend just concentrate on you current courses instead of only web/development.

infact in BS you are not supposed to be specializing any specific course but keep an eye on the fact that you have to choose one right in these 4 years.

all the languages you would be taught will be a base for you in your future specifics.

I think I am cleared...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Aslamwalaikum,

I’m doing Bcs from VU, As all of you know VU structure is based on thoritical, So one can not have some training type. Any body can recommend any institute which can cover the Bcs courses like java scripting and webdevelopment and all !!! I want to enhance my skill with Bcs digry.

Suggestions are welcome.

[/quote]

It depends a lot what are you planning to do after BCS?

If you want to do some web development to earn some money while doing BCS then look for PHP+MySQL books. Because you don’t need any certificate for it.

However, after BCS, if your scope is to get job in a software house then learn at least two to three desktop languages and at least two web development languages. Also, have some practice in common database systems. Most of these things are covered in BCS programs.

If you are targeting yourself to get a corporate job then all you need is safarish.

If you are targeting yourself to get a government job then all you need is good size rishwat and safarish.

I’ll suggest you to get a job in government or autonomous government corporation. You’ll be “safe” for whole life. Who cares Judgment Day. Money, car, house and “respected” life is all we care about ;)

After BCS, you should think about doing CSS for government job and f*** the Judgment Day. You’ll belong to royal-style bourgeois. Government money, government car, green number plate, monthly petrol quota, government house, house rent and highly “respected” life for your whole life. You’ll be treated as royalty. I may not be able to portrait it as good but that is what all Pakistanis dream about.

Just for an example, try on your own, without safarish or any elder’s help, to attest a photocopy of your CNIC ID card from a gazetted class A (a.k.a. Class 1) officer. Then you’ll know how much power they have.

Moral of story, become a gazetted officer. Either in armed forces and do CSS and directly get job in grade 17. Then rule on us. I’ll salute you as a peasant. ;)

If you can’t get government then second best thing is a job in semi-autonomous or autonomous government corporation. There are many, an example is NADRA.

If you can’t get job in that too, then try to get job in a multi-nationals or national corporate.

If all fails then get job in software house and be ready to live a hard life.

And you can see that you do not need small courses for all these. After you have completed BCS and you’ll be in some job for some 2 or 3 years then you’ll laugh at yourself that you were worried about doing small courses for certificate that doesn’t worth more than Rs. 10.

Aslamwalaikum,

I’m doing Bcs from VU, As all of you know VU structure is based on thoritical, So one can not have some training type. Any body can recommend any institute which can cover the Bcs courses like java scripting and webdevelopment and all !!! I want to enhance my skill with Bcs digry.

Suggestions are welcome.

[/quote]

Walaikum Asalam,

Engel below are my thoughts on this and suggestions for you.

As you have started BCS , so first thing I would say is atleast initially do not try to narrow down scope of your expertise development, give importance to each course your study and do not worry too much about what area you should focus on to get job (as usually during studies students are trying to gather information like , xyz is too hot now a days in local industry so lets learn that and leave other things) , rather try to get most of each of the computer sciences courses you are studying and you will study over the time.

Though from 5th semester (I am amusing you have 8 in total in VU) , I would suggest you to have some interest developed and do some efforts in developing expertise on that side , though still continuing NOT to ignore any of the courses, i.e. in first two years do try to get some information/know how about all areas , like after doing a computer science degree you can end up being network guy , a sys admin guy , a dev guys web/desktop, graphics/3dmax/maya etc side, etc. By end of second year or at max end of 3 year you should know where you heart is leaning.

And when selecting any of these major areas do not rely much on whats hot in industry, what ever you select become BEST in it and there is no stopping then, it only happens when your heart is there.

( Though still on based on my industry experience what ever it is , the higest paying jobs are developers, then sys admins and then network admins , though it depends on too many other things, specially that in the end what you earn all is control of God, though this do not mean not to work hard and leave everything to God as we most pakistanis do :) ).

Now if you have intrest in web development , then do learn it along side (I am not sure in which semester you are currenlty) but do focus on all other areas/courses too , network side , or computer archetecture etc etc, do not ignore any courses.

For practical learning the best thing is to get intership in some software house , I know it would be difficult as in pakistan even for an un-paid internship you need reference and sifarish, but believe me this is best thing you can do during your study to complement your expertise.

For development expertise , do get attached to some software development related communities , codeproject.com is one I can suggest, even if you do not get much chance of intership, check out projects done by different guys on codeproject , even redoing them is big learning at this stage and there are some awsome developerse on codeproject. Also I would suggest not to limit your web dev expertise to php/mysql during studies, also IMO in local indsutry .NET web jobs are higher paying than php/mysql. Though there are more remote jobs for php/mysql where you get paid in dollars so in that case they are not that bad.

I remeber one line from Paulo Coelho novel The Alchemist that ‘Best way to learn is through Practical’ , which is very true in software development , so you are on right track to seek some practical work for this, best is to get internship some where , if not possible then do go for some courses depending on your interest but only to some institure which actually get you to do some practical projects and not only theory , though I am sorry I am not aware of one such institute.

My first job was .net based , which I all learnt during my final project , for which I chosed to do it in .net for two reason, first was ofcourse was to learn at during the project , and second was I was really impressed with its OO design , where one can focus on softwaer acrchitecture and design instead of coding complexities, though am now working as sys admin from last four years, so you never know where you end up :)

After BCS, you should think about doing CSS for government job and f*** the Judgment Day. You’ll belong to royal-style bourgeois. Government money, government car, green number plate, monthly petrol quota, government house, house rent and highly “respected” life for your whole life. You’ll be treated as royalty. I may not be able to portrait it as good but that is what all Pakistanis dream about.

[/quote]

He doesn’t need to go in judgment day, hes already in heaven

He doesn’t need to go in judgment day, hes already in heaven
[/quote]

Of course, he is in heaven. :)

His “Paradise Lost” is now “Paradise Regained” but children of men are still suffering on earth because their “Mother” and “Father” had eaten “Forbidden Fruit” from “Tree of Knowledge”. :)

Wa alaekum salaam Engel

When I was doing my BCS, my brother advised me to go to tutorial sites like htmlgoodies.com, w3schools, a flash tutorial sites, a C programming site I can't remember, etc. I followed these tutorials and completed several primers/courses within 2 to 3 weeks (C, java and C++ not included). If you are a guy who can commit himself to learn via tutorials then go for it, otherwise if you are a lazy bum, then rollback and go for institutes (Nursery, Sharefaisal has ton of institutes there). As mentioned by others, you won't need the certificates from these institutes, but there is no harm in adding these to your CV.

I really dont appreciate just to forget the importance of the degrees or certificates in your life.

I'll continue like below and please keep the Govt Jobs out of your focus. I know there is no need of degrees, not even expertise as Wampyr said :P

so...

as you need a key to start or unlock some thing. for more extent the purpose is to start or to unlock some thing and you can not get advantages of that thing unless you start it or unlock it.

in my eyes the degrees or certificates are just like the keys in your life. Yes! you need the practice also you do on your self. because the degrees and certificates are keys for your validity but not the guarantee of your expertise, they can give you an entry ticket but ofcourse you need the real expertise to keep and maintain your place in any firm or any thing. any one will fire you just in next month if you dont have expertise even you have a Masters degree.

also on the other hand you can only continue with your higher education with these degrees. you can not use your expertise to take admission in higher programs. however some programs also require some experience along with your previous qualification. but without a degree you can not avail the next one.

and I am really sorry deffury as I understood the following statement by you, I deny it.

if you are a lazy bum, then rollback and go for institutes
[/quote]

nonetheless the schools/institutes/colleges/universities give you the confidence in yourselves. These all give you a chance to compare your selves with the others in real.

I am also a student with the mind that I dont love much to go to university on regular basis, attending the classes, taking lectures, gettting bored like that, etc.... but it's my laziness. I do not blame institutes or colleges, but I prefer to choose one with the best reputation, take something with responsibility.

I never say that there is no meaning of only experiences, but I also say that ofcourse not only the education/degrees are the only things that you need. ofcourse you can not stay in without the expertise.

anyways EngeL the opinion I have had for you, have already been given. :)

Thanks alot guys for your replies. I was really looking forwad to have bellskar and wampyr bhai replies, but defury and riz bhai also guided me. Thanks for that too.

I will reply short and will get back with a broader reply as thr is no light and im stuck to my mobile. Anyways thanks again riz bhai for such a long reply and i wil aslo thank belskar. Anyways i just couldnt understand the wampyr's reply.

@wampyr

Sir jee nor im not son of govt oficer nor clas 1 0ficer iz my father. Im a small kid of middle lower class family who was just asking for a guide coz i dont have any other elder brother who can guide me or something like that. Anyways dint undrstand why you bombared me like iraq. Lolx. Anyways do reply and clear my thoughts. Im realy nervous and confused right now :s

Anyways i just couldnt understand the wampyr’s reply.

@wampyr

Sir jee nor im not son of govt oficer nor clas 1 0ficer iz my father. Im a small kid of middle lower class family who was just asking for a guide coz i dont have any other elder brother who can guide me or something like that. Anyways dint undrstand why you bombared me like iraq. Lolx. Anyways do reply and clear my thoughts. Im realy nervous and confused right now :s

[/quote]

My dear friend, I didn’t bombard or attack on you. Well, that’s the reason that I didn’t replied to your thread before, until you asked me to do so. I was afraid that you might misunderstood me. My fear has proven itself right.

I’ll repeat myself in shorter words. I am giving you a friendly and brotherly advice to try following after completing BCS (order of list is important):

1) Try to do CSS and get a government job.

2) Try to get government job in Sindh government.

3) Try to get job in semi-autonomous or autonomous government corporation. (For example NADRA and many others).

4) Try to get job in multi-national corporation.

5) Try to get job in national corporation.

6) Try to get job in software house.

If you go for 3 to 6 then also try to do Masters.

What I am trying to tell you that if you want to do short courses then do it. But do not expect that it will make any difference in your resume.

Just imagine that after BCS, you have Java, .NET, PHP and MySQL certificate in your resume and you go to get job in a software house. While another guy comes to get job in the same software house without any certificate in his resume and with just BCS degree. Then the software house owner probably simply ignore the certificate. Because they are of no value. Especially, when there is safarish.

Trust me my friend, I am giving you a good advice that you should try to do CSS or Sindh government job. You do not need to be son of government officer to have it. All you need is a good safarish and rishwat.

I know my reply is awkward and strange because instead of answering your question and specifically telling you to do XYZ and ABC certificates. I am telling you to start thinking beyond of certificate and degree.

Plan now so that you can act when time comes.

Let me state one thing very clearly. If you want to do some short courses then please go ahead and do it. It will help you to learn new things. Knowledge is power. Try to learn new things while you have time.

However, keep in your mind that in interviews in Pakistan, these certificate make very little difference in your CV.

@bellskar

Just as everyone have their own perspective of things, each of them also perform tasks in a different manner as well.

So when I say you HAVE NOT UNDERSTOOD what I said earlier, then to me it means you haven't, but to you, you have understood completely, even though you haven't, yet. CONFUSED YET? Do you have headache now? cuz I had one reading yours.

@Engel

You are most welcome.

@wampyr

In this day and age, any difference will always be most appreciated by many. Monotony is bad, change is good.

Try APTECH. Sure it is a little experience but it is a very good place to learn programming (like PHP, ASP.NET, Windows Application development etc.)

@deffury

I dont know if you have said any thing that I might not have understood, as you think so but I dont think there is some thing complex to understand.

but dont worry there is also nothing to cause headache, absolutely not. atleast I never get headache because of others.

but if you think you can initiate a headache in anyone then you should concentrated on yours and ask yourselve "why you do that? is it good in you?"

now you Confused?..... NO? ofcourse you can not be. because there is nothing confusing. :)

YOur entire post.
[/quote]

Still not getting you like I never understood Dawn colums because of poor english :(

Anyways just in case I;m average pakistani and I dont have pawa and sifarish what will you suggest me then ???

and I am really sorry deffury as I understood the following statement by you, I deny it.

nonetheless the schools/institutes/colleges/universities give you the confidence in yourselves. These all give you a chance to compare your selves with the others in real.

I am also a student with the mind that I dont love much to go to university on regular basis, attending the classes, taking lectures, gettting bored like that, etc… but it’s my laziness. I do not blame institutes or colleges, but I prefer to choose one with the best reputation, take something with responsibility.

[/quote]

There is truth in what you say, and therefore you prove my point. How? see by going to an institute you are compelled to go there cuz a)there is competition b)You paid for it, hence you know you have to go there, c)You can show off your work.

Hence my confusion, What aspect of this statement do you not agree on, especially when I haven’t described it?

True, a guy can be lazy, and not go to an institute but compared with following Online Tutorials, there might be a better chance that one might get motivated into going to such institutes.

Also, I really feel you need to make your arguments concise and to the point. Hope you don’t mind my reply.

^I really dont mind. but I guess you can't get a specific point even from a verrryyyy concise argument as I have read some of your recent replies on the posts.

anyways I think my arguments were very to the point and were not much confusing at all. only you just got confused.

but I think it should be stopped now.