Best Forum Software?

I've been working on a site that I plan to launch in the next 1 - 2 weeks. The site will be tech related, and will have a forum.

I've been looking around, and from I've seen VBulletin seems to be some of the best forum software out there. Quick, clean, spiderable out of the box, etc. I don't mind the price either. Any opinions on Vbulletin?

Does anyone have any suggestions, pros or cons for different forum software you've used?

vbulletin !

Go for VBulletin. It is good and has plenty of features and mods.

yes go for VBulletin. I have used it and its pretty good and have a lot of add ons

I second (actually fourth) that for XTR3M3-3V0, Asad and Naufil. :)

Well Vbulletin is good but it isnt free and to me personally it feels a bit heavy i say go with MyBB

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well Vbulletin is good but it isnt free and to me personally it feels a bit heavy i say go with MyBB
[/quote]

smothnees of forum epends on server specs on which u have hosted ! :)

^ i am talking abt the user end

a person on a low bandwidth connection such as GPRS and Dial up will find Vbulletin heavy thats why i like MyBB it has the same features as VB but is almost as light as FluxBB

Well if you install a light theme on vb its all fine because the default theme is a bit heavy

I have used both of them and VB is still, by far, the better one.

Go for SMF.

I like PhpBB3. It has very few mods or themes at the moment, as it hasn't gotten a large enough community yet, but it's fast and easy to use. The admin panel is pretty easy, but gives lots of options. Since I'm too cheap to buy a script, I think PhpBB3 is close enough for what I'd need.

if you want a hosted PhpBB3 forum: free forum hosting

if you decided for paying. then vb is the best option. using for a long a time. satisfied.

MyBB

what about IPboard

among all paid ones VB is the best i think

among free , my choice is SMF with dziner themes.

im using it. and happy.