Best file manager/ Files,Downloads,Clutter management tips ..?

How do you folks manage your files, specifically your downloads folder(in which you download email attachments,softwares etc etc) , like for example if i download a software crapcleaner in e:\downloads(my default download folder) the file name would be ccsetup201.exe next time same software would be updated file name would be ccsetup209.exe and i would download it straightaway without checking if a previous version is already present in download folder, now the older version would be useless and never be used again and would be there is download folder wasting disk space, over a period of time the clutter and crap will built up and no cleaner might be able to clean it unless manually cleaned(coz with every version filesize and filename changes) ..

so BIG question is how do u people manage your files and downloads and take care of clutter building up in your huge harddisks(manually cleaning up crap is tiring job) ?

well i download softwares and archive each and every software to rar format and name the file appropriately with the software name and version and copy it to my software folder in f drive which has diff folders for diff categories!

the software folder is 15 GB

i use kget its a linux download manager it basically filters all my file names based on specific keywords i define

but in linux since most applications arent installed in the traditional way so i dont have to worry too much about it

any windows download manager with keyword tagging option ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well i download softwares and archive each and every software to rar format and name the file appropriately with the software name and version and copy it to my software folder in f drive which has diff folders for diff categories!

the software folder is 15 GB

[/quote]

so next time if you download an updated version of a specific software then you simply browse to that software’s folder and delete the old version and download the new version?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

so next time if you download an updated version of a specific software then you simply browse to that software’s folder and delete the old version and download the new version?

[/quote]

yeah i just delete the old version or sometimes i dont as i have ample disk space

sometimes i do a cleaning operation of older versions!