Best domain name reg. service in Pakistan?

i am a novice and want to host my blog on a customized domain name.

www.211019811981.com

is available.

how do people manage blog.zahee....com or ....iqbal.com/blog?

which is the best option available in Pakistan, especially in Lahore? do i need to visit the offices in person? for dropping the cheques and getting the initial settings know how?

thanx wzub

buy it from some online shop if u can

u ll get it very cheap online

My advice: as soon as you see this, edit out the domain name you want from your post! If its available right now, it won't be for long - this is called squatting, and someone might try to make some money off you! Buy the domain as soon as you can!

I've only ever tried Nexus from Pakistan and the domain registrar I use mainly is Namecheap. I've had pretty good experiences with both - support is good and service is also nice. I can't vouch for Nexus' hosting as I haven't really used it.

You can use a credit card online, so visiting an office isn't necessary.

Nexus does have a hosting+domain combo type deal going on with their "cards" so check that out. I don't think they've got an office in Lahore, but call them and check!

BTW, before you do all this: check if Blogger (the service you're using) has an option to add on a domain to your account. That way, you have your domain, and you have the same setup and don't have to learn anything new with regards to managing your site.

or head to the irc channel you will get both domain and hosting free :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

or head to the irc channel you will get both domain and hosting free :P
[/quote]

LOL… not every one

My advice: as soon as you see this, edit out the domain name you want from your post! If its available right now, it won’t be for long - this is called squatting, and someone might try to make some money off you! Buy the domain as soon as you can!

I’ve only ever tried Nexus from Pakistan and the domain registrar I use mainly is Namecheap. I’ve had pretty good experiences with both - support is good and service is also nice. I can’t vouch for Nexus’ hosting as I haven’t really used it.

You can use a credit card online, so visiting an office isn’t necessary.

Nexus does have a hosting+domain combo type deal going on with their “cards” so check that out. I don’t think they’ve got an office in Lahore, but call them and check!

BTW, before you do all this: check if Blogger (the service you’re using) has an option to add on a domain to your account. That way, you have your domain, and you have the same setup and don’t have to learn anything new with regards to managing your site.

[/quote]

I don’t recommend Nexus anymore. They failed to renew my domain on time, so as a result my site was down for two days and I had to suffer significant monetary loss.

If you want to register domain names, go with an international domain registrar such as namecheap and dynadot. I’ve tried both and they set up the domain almost instantly after you place the order. Plus they give you complete control over every setting of your domain unlike local registrars who provide almost empty management panels.

dynadot is good for registering but if you use thier dns server then you must know that thier dns servers sometime create problem

i am a novice and want to host my blog on a customized domain name.

www.211019811981.com

is available.

how do people manage blog.zahee…com or …iqbal.com/blog?

which is the best option available in Pakistan, especially in Lahore? do i need to visit the offices in person? for dropping the cheques and getting the initial settings know how?

thanx wzub

[/quote]

I am in Karachi but I use a lahori registrar called creativeon. You can learn more about them on their site creativeon.com .

Regarding managing a blog, basically this is how it works:

- You register a domain name

- Buy hosting. You can buy website hosting from any company local or international.

- The hosting company gives you their nameserver addresses like ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com.

- You visit your registrar’s website and login to the control panel. For example creativeon’s site. Then you change the name servers for your domain to your web host’s.

- Finally you login to your host’s control panel to manage your site. If your host has cpanel with fantastico you can install wordpress or other blogging software with a few clicks. Alternatively you can download and install the scripts manually. Personally I use a script called serendipity which you can get from www.s9y.org .

My advice: as soon as you see this, edit out the domain name you want from your post! If its available right now, it won’t be for long - this is called squatting, and someone might try to make some money off you!
[/quote]

Actually its called good business. domains are allocated on a first come first serve basis. So buying that domain inorder to sell it later on for a profit is good business.

Cyber squatting on the other hand is when you buy a trademarked domain name and try to profit off someone elses reputation. That is wrong. Unless the OP has a trademark on that domain its fair game.

What about godaddy? I heard it is one of the cheapest domain registrar around.

What’s this! :P

[/quote]

The all so popular WP irc channel!

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2116

- Finally you login to your host’s control panel to manage your site. If your host has cpanel with fantastico you can install wordpress or other blogging software with a few clicks. Alternatively you can download and install the scripts manually. Personally I use a script called serendipity which you can get from www.s9y.org .
[/quote]

actually downloading and upload the latest version from script site (e.g wordpress.com) is better because most of the time fantastico installs older versions! much older!

Buying a domain just because someone else wants to buy it is unethical at the very least. Thanks for the correction, though!
[/quote]

I disagree that it is unethical. In my opinion unless he has a trademark on that domain name it is fair game and anybody can register it - for profit or not. Buying something that is in demand to sell it for a profit is the basis of all good business.

Now the only scenario in which this would be unethical is if the OP revealed his desired domain in confidence. He did not do that. Instead he mentions it for the world to see on a public forum.

BTW somebody mentioned godaddy? You should know that godaddy harvests domain searches on its site to find in-demand domains. It then registers them in order to sell them for a profit. They also have a sister company called the wild wild west domain registrar!

I registered my site with www.creativeon.com Very Nice service.

i have used , Nexus , and Serversea , Both seems to be Good ,

nexus Give a Good , Domain Control Panel , with a private Domain option ,that is Good , but i a little bit more expnesive then server

Server TLD cost , rs 500

nexus TLD rs 700

I don’t recommend Nexus anymore. They failed to renew my domain on time, so as a result my site was down for two days and I had to suffer significant monetary loss.

If you want to register domain names, go with an international domain registrar such as namecheap and dynadot. I’ve tried both and they set up the domain almost instantly after you place the order. Plus they give you complete control over every setting of your domain unlike local registrars who provide almost empty management panels.

[/quote]

true

it happends to me almsot every year… they fail to renew domain name thought payments are done 3 weeks in advance to them

Use Godaddy or http://www.namecheap.com/ :)

well bros

i m unarguably a novice in this field of cyber hosting things.

can i get a domain registered in my name of preferrence and direct my blog http://zaheeriqbal.blogspot.com to that custom domain?

moreover, is there any service available which enables subdomains like blog.name.com in here?

some fellows here r talking about uploading a script and DNS settings. do i really have to do these complex jobs just to redirect my already set blog to the new custom domain?

well there is nothing to do as such with uploading the script or DNS setting. just get your domain, If you can arrange for hosting thats good otherwise, there are many who can give you a good free hosting package. you can easily create subdoamains (blog.name.com etc) from the hosting control panel with few clicks. once you have your own domain, then forget about the blogspot. You can transfer your blog's data in new new blog place.

well bros

i m unarguably a novice in this field of cyber hosting things.

can i get a domain registered in my name of preferrence and direct my blog http://zaheeriqbal.blogspot.com to that custom domain?

moreover, is there any service available which enables subdomains like blog.name.com in here?

some fellows here r talking about uploading a script and DNS settings. do i really have to do these complex jobs just to redirect my already set blog to the new custom domain?

[/quote]

Lets say you register the domain name example.com. You can set it so that when people visit example.com they end up at your blogspot blog. However I am not sure you can do the reverse, that is when they visit zaheeriqbal.blogspot.com redirect them to example.com but still show your blog.

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55373

Now to do the above (make example.com your blog address ) or make subdomains blog.example.com you will need DNS hosting and you will have to do the “complex dns stuff”.

Some domain registrars (companies that allow you to buy domains) provide free DNS hosting. www.moniker.com for example. With other domain regsitrars you can buy dns hosting as an additional service . You can also use free dns providers like:

http://www.everydns.com/

http://www.editdns.net/

Edit: If you need help setting this up with either of the above two free dns hosting providers then just post in this forum and I’ll try and walk you through it.