alter =8.8.4.4........or try these:

http://devilsworkshop.org/top-5-free-domain-name-systemdns-services/

what we get if we use a DNS ????

I'm Using Open DNS:

And the ones my modem obtains are not that good:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

what we get if we use a DNS ???
[/quote]

"The Domain Name System (DNS) is a hierarchical naming system for computers, services, or any resource connected to the Internet or a private network. It associates various information with domain names assigned to each of the participants. Most importantly, it translates domain names meaningful to humans into the numerical (binary) identifiers associated with networking equipment for the purpose of locating and addressing these devices worldwide. An often-used analogy to explain the Domain Name System is that it serves as the “phone book” for the Internet by translating human-friendly computer hostnames into IP addresses. For example, www.example.com translates to 192.0.32.10. DNS is also known as a distributed database that provides mapping between IP addresses and Host names."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

Browsing dead with all PTCL dns servers that i know of but its fine with google dns. . . . . . . . . .

Use Google DNS,

@Firecruz

I try all the above DNS SERVER but internet is slow in evenings

My connection is 1mbps Gulistan-e-Jauhar Exchange, Karachi.

Is anybody nows good DNS SERVER for Karachi users

Waiting for Reply

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@Firecruz

I try all the above DNS SERVER but internet is slow in evenings

My connection is 1mbps Gulistan-e-Jauhar Exchange, Karachi.

Is anybody nows good DNS SERVER for Karachi users

Waiting for Reply

[/quote]

I don’t think that has anything to do with DNS. The Google and OpenDNS servers are fast enough that you wouldn’t notice any delay in DNS requests. Your internet being slow in the evenings most probably has to do with the ISP

what is use of open dns or google dns or any other dns instead of the default dns that we have????

is it increase the speed or what??

thanks