Best budget DSLR camera

[quote=“nvd650, post:19, topic:20487”]

Farhan, I'll strongy disagree with you specially on the highlighted points...!!

D 3200 still are as good as of D 7000 or D 7100.....

D 3100 and D 3200 are as good in Still as was D 3000

[/quote]

most of the Actual and user reviews of D3200 state otherwise.. D3200 is an improvement over the 3100 with a higher MP count, but in process introducing more noise.. and better and variety of video modes over the 3100 wich had no Cinema Mode, and limited time for shooting.. both 3100 and 3200 canot compare to the 5100 which is a mid range flagship camera.. which has much superior optics in regards to both the lense and the Sensor. . the D5xxx series is much better for ameteur and semi professional photograpghy than the D3xxx series which is entry level.

Same is the case with the D7xxxx series being the true flagship for professionals, .. you canot compare a D7100 with D5100 in any aspect/.. same way, D5x is superior to D3xx..

the only thing you CAN say marginally is that D3200 is an improvement over 3100 in such a way that i comes close to a generation old D5100, but D5100 should be compared to D3100, and D5200 vs the D3200.. D5200 just blows away everything in all D5xxx and D3xxx series...

there is a reason that Nikon prices and tags their cameras in such brackets... if D3200 was as good as D7100, as i quote you here

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

D 3200 still are as good as of D 7000 or D 7100.....
[/quote]

NOBODY in the world would ever buy a D7100 at almost 3x the price. and nikon would be flooded with orders of D3200 only for the rest of their lives..

you get my drift i hope :)

I guess one should spend more on a decent lens, how about buying a second hand DSLR? Body only?

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:21, topic:20487”]

most of the Actual and user reviews of D3200 state otherwise.. D3200 is an improvement over the 3100 with a higher MP count, but in process introducing more noise.. and better and variety of video modes over the 3100 wich had no Cinema Mode, and limited time for shooting.. both 3100 and 3200 canot compare to the 5100 which is a mid range flagship camera.. which has much superior optics in regards to both the lense and the Sensor. . the D5xxx series is much better for ameteur and semi professional photograpghy than the D3xxx series which is entry level.

[/quote]

Actually now I'm using both D5200 and D3200, Basic hardware that is responsible for image recording on both camera is identical (Sensor Size, RGB metering system, Nikon Expeed 3)

The price of difference is just because of some cheaper body material used in D3200 and No Vari Angle Display along with some minor features like built in HDR and so on.

Now why D7100? you'll only know when you use D5200 and D7100 at same time, all main functions that are supposed to be used frequently are in Menu options in D5200 while in D7100 they have provided direct controls, Excellent weather proof shield, almost double battery time than Entry Level DSLRs (Of I forgot, according to Nikon, both 5xxxx and 3xxxx are entry Level DSLR) and Superior optics? I didn't get your point? What has body to do with optics? It's totally separate department.

Anyhow we are going off topic, I just want to say that until unless you don't know setting of your Camera, you don't know what you are doing, it will produce same results as a P&S camera does. If you know the controls, then you can have same level of quality which a camera offers in premium body with same Image sensor.

As we are discussing DX format here therefore I'm not including FX format here, But yes FX camera has far better image quality than DX...

Returning to OP, read my suggestions again, I've suggested Canon 650 D because I know it's lot easy to use due to it's touch screen, otherwise there no big game

Otherwise buy anyone and you'll be satisfied.

[quote=“Zohair, post:22, topic:20487”]

I guess one should spend more on a decent lens, how about buying a second hand DSLR? Body only?

[/quote]

Excellent, 100% with you, second hand body will be best option with superior Lenses as compared to New/Excellent body and cheaper lenses.

[quote=“Zohair, post:20, topic:20487”]

Reading different reviews there is not a big difference between D5100 and D3200/D3100 with still images. The only thing that matters is the bigger battery and swivel LCD.

[/quote]

Even batteries are same in D 3200 and D 5200 :)

I just want to say that until unless you don't know setting of your Camera, you don't know what you are doing, it will produce same results as a P&S camera does. If you know the controls, then you can have same level of quality which a camera offers in premium body with same Image sensor.
[/quote]

That is the best and only sensible thing said in this entire thread...:) and this is exactly what matters.

Do you remember the hand close up photo and your bro face pics in the previous DSLR threads?.. well i managed to get the same type pics in nearly identical situations, and got the best DSLR level results from.. guess..??? My Galaxy S2 with fine tuned settings :)

Even batteries are same in D 3200 and D 5200
[/quote]

This is how cost saving and branding is done worlwide in almost all international firms.. the remote of my simple sony 32inch LCD and the Sony 3d 55inch LED are exactly the same too :) ipods and iphones have same handsree and all apple accessories work same.. etc and etc..

^ yes I do remember and at the end I came ti know that ISO was high :P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk