Best browser for symbian?

i just bought nokia 5530, opera mini does not work properly on it and opera mobile is very slow..i have tried opera turbo but no difference..so, is there any good alternative to opera?

Is it not working because it gets blocked and unblocked every now and then? I've heard a lot about Skyfire, try that. It too compresses data before transmitting it and it also plays Flash.

I have used Opera Mini and Opera Mobile 10 on Nokia 5530. I never noticed such an issue with the browsers them selves, I assumed that you are talking about the operating speed of the browser being slow but not about the browsing speed.

Opera Mobile 10 was just good to use as I tested it.. May be Osman is right about the blockage making trouble now... or some thing....

BTW I found the built-in browser very handy as well as the Opera one's

I also posted some comparison(WP rendering) screen shots you might want to see them at http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=156023#p156023

Edit:

hey! get your firmware upgraded if you haven't yet.....

the prob. With opera mini,is that, i cant get it to work in socket connection mode, whenever i try to open a page, i see the edge icon, showing that i am connected to internet, but it soon disappears, and appears again after a few seconds...but, it does not load the page and keeps connecting, i think this prob. Is caused by http connection mode..not by pta blocking it..because i cant get it to work even once..and opera mobile, loads full websites which are mostly more than 2mb, which makes it slow on zong edge..i have tried skyfire, but it cant match opera mini...i will update my firmware, if it helps

Ofcourse switching the connection mode from HTTP to SOCKET or vice-versa has nothing to do with the ISP in current situation. it's just a connecting mode.

But as already said that Opera Mini must look for its servers for compression, It is what have been troubled with the ISPs earlier. So this is what might still be causing issues with Opera Mini.

However only the browsers, which work like the Opera's Compression technique, would help in that case if you want light weight data to be arrived at your mobile.

Sorry but I considered not to upgrade the firmware to help in this issue. I am afraid, upgrading the firmware would still not fix the issue with Opera Mini.

Try installing eBuddy messenger, and sign in with it, keep it in invisible/appear offline mode if you want to, and run Opera Mini simultaneously, see if it disconnects. Some ISPs disconnect phones to save bandwidth when they're idle, and some phones disconnect to save battery. It's just a hunch, but worth a try.

use nokia own browser better den manys

skyfire z good as it opens full sites like pc but it costs alot

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Try installing eBuddy messenger, and sign in with it, keep it in invisible/appear offline mode if you want to, and run Opera Mini simultaneously, see if it disconnects. Some ISPs disconnect phones to save bandwidth when they’re idle, and some phones disconnect to save battery. It’s just a hunch, but worth a try.
[/quote]

No, it didnt solved the prob. , the internet itself donot gets disconnected, if i minimize opera mini to main menu…i can see the edge icon, but in opera mini…it shows that internet keeps disconnecting…strange prob.

you might need to google the default timeout for idle internet connection on your phone