Best Batteries for My Canon A570IS?

AOA,

I tired the Camelion NH-AA2700 Rechargeable with the Camelion BC-0902 Standard Charger but was entirely unsatisfied with them. The cells only give me about 25-30 shots or so with a recommended 14.5 hours charge!

Any suggestions on which Battery + Charger combo will be the best please?

Thanks to anyone who answers :)

try duracell, if it is too costly then try eveready

Try Chanda [ Made in Pakistan]

try

canons are usually power hungry. anyways mAH rating of the batteries is to be considered. a good camelion, energizer Ni-MH battery with 2500 or more mAHs may do the job of shooting 150+ photos with flash.

Sony's Batteries cost about 700-900 per pair. it depends how deep pocketed are u?

Well I heard about the Energizers but couldn't find those anywhere in Pindi. If anyone knows of a place I can buy them?

The latest ones are the Hybrid Ni-MH like the Sanyo Eneloop but unfortunately I couldn't find those in Pindi (Saddar) either :(

Also, should I try using a different charger first, instead of investing on a new set of batteries? And if yes, which one?

You probably have fake batteries, with real ones they last practically forever.. try going to a Sony store, they sell AA rechargeable batteries, or just put in Energizers or something.

As KO said, you definitely got the fake ones. I had 2300mAH (I don't remember correctly but I think they were Camelion) and they used to go for around 200+ shots with LCD on for long period of times on my A640. The best bet for you would be to get batteries from a Camera shop or a large departmental store. But you should be able to differ fake ones yourself.

Well I did get them from a reputable shop in pindi and the owner is a friend of mine too. But then are you guys saying the charger doesn't matter?

>>Asad-Ahmad: Which charger do you use for the ?Camelion batteries you mentioned?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well I did get them from a reputable shop in pindi and the owner is a friend of mine too. But then are you guys saying the charger doesn’t matter?

>>Asad-Ahmad: Which charger do you use for the ?Camelion batteries you mentioned?

[/quote]

Price should tell it. What price did you buy 'em for? If you bought it for like 200rs a pair, then they’re probably not good at all.

Nopes, got them as a bundle 4 AA Batteries plus the charger, for like PKR2,000 (plus/minus)

See http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

Already did, about three-four months ago, before I got the Chamelion's :) But as i said, the Low-Discharge ones, those he rates at the top, are the best now-a-days. Plus the Maha C9000 charger is supposed to be the best.

But only if anyone could tell me where to get these in Pakistan? Or maybe I should ask my bro (Paris) to get me these :)

[/quote]

It has been a year since I lost my camera so my memory related to that is not that good, but the charger I used was not of any popular brand. Just make sure that its of the same or higher power as the batteries. And mine used to charge in 4 hours. And now that I recall properly, I had Sanyo batteries. I bought them from the same camera shop for around 2200-2500. And btw my A640 used 4 batteries. But this does not affect shots per charge that much and you should get around 350 shots per charge on NiMH with LCD on. Find Energizer or Sanyo if you can.

OK i'll try to do that. Thanks everyone for your help and advice :)

Bought a pair of Energizer 2500 last night. I am going to use them with the Camelion charger for now. Lets see how they fare

Bought a pair of Energizer 2500 last night. I am going to use them with the Camelion charger for now. Lets see how they fare
[/quote]

how much you got it for? i spot a pair of 2000 mAH for 400 bucks at D-Mart

i m looking for rechargeable batteries and charger for Canon A590IS. Please recommend ones available in local market

Just go to Islamabad, blue area and buy them (Energizer) there, both Rechargeable and normal. Make sure you buy eight batts.

Personally I hate Cameras using NimH batts. I especially hated them during surveying projects.

Just go to Islamabad, blue area and buy them (Energizer) there, both Rechargeable and normal. Make sure you buy eight batts.

Personally I hate Cameras using NimH batts. I especially hated them during surveying projects.

[/quote]

why 4 sets :-o? btw i m in Karachi

I am using Energizer, Duracell,Camillian. First u did not know the thing ur going to buy is genuine or fake. I never see guanine Energizer Recharger cell in Paksitan. I buy it from Abu Dhabi it cost me 1000rs/4pec. I also buy guanine Energizer Charger. They work perfectly.

About Camillian always check either made in Germany or Thailand, Taiwan.

I more important thing for all rechargeable battery. They will gain their full power after 4 or 5 complete charge discharge cycle.