Best Anti Virus Software?

So.. all these scifi theories of releasing viruses donot apply on free antivirus softwares? from those same evil umbrella corporations?

Avast is the best anitvirus for me

Not if it comes from the same company whose operating system you whole heartedly use :P

I've made my point perfectly clear. Whether or not you decide to get it is strictly up to you :)

[quote=“jDk, post:243, topic:745”]

Not if it comes from the same company whose operating system you whole heartedly use :P

I've made my point perfectly clear. Whether or not you decide to get it is strictly up to you :)

[/quote]

You mean whether we decide to agree with your opinion or not is strictly upto us. Yes it is indeed. B)

My point? Opinions are not facts. Just remember that, and you're good to go. ;)

Until next time...

Ofcourse, no where did I said that my opinion was fact :rolleyes:

What I shared was my humble experience, whether you want to make use of it or simply stick to whatever fancies you is upto you.

If you wish to bloat your system with useless bloat so as to instill false sense of security, that's entirely your prerogative. All I'm saying is careful browsing & safety precautions are all you need to keep yourself from harm's way B)

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:241, topic:745”]

So.. all these scifi theories of releasing viruses donot apply on free antivirus softwares? from those same evil umbrella corporations?

[/quote]

[quote="jDk, post:243, topic:745"]

[/quote]

Avast Avira, AVG panda.. all have totally free versions of their AV.. and can be installed worldwide with no costs pending.. their premium versions have extra features like fiewalling and sandboxing etc but anyone can choose not to pay for them.. i had cracked avast internet security before.. now i am on official free Avast AV only.. full free for entire 2014..

majority of viruses donot come from internet to our pc.. 80% come from friends USB who come to us for giving them softwares and movies.. and their disk is full of infected Po**...Ahem Ahem.. etc..if their disks contain virus which when plugged in usb has INSTANT access to all our pc, nothing can prevent it from destroying our system.. windows defender or security essentials are not suffient for virus removal. even their own manufacturer says so..

how is your point perfectly clear about free software from those same evil world dominating companies?

^ So the Genie is finally out of the closet eh :lol: ? You watch P**p P**n, I had no idea :blink:

In that case, you're obligated to use a full fledge security solution to defend you :D

Psst... Lemme' know if you wanna know about the good stuff :ph34r:

And to answer your question, the problem with both paid & free alternatives is this:

Once you get infected, there's no going back. Not a single AV is capable enough to entirely rid the system of the infections. The only permanent solution is a complete format, which is not very productive at all.

As for the friend's plugging their USBs in the PCs, how about you dual-boot Linux/Windows. Its what I do. Windows viruses don't work on Linux, and I've seldomly used a virus scanner once in a while just to clean out a nasty infected USB drive. You can copy your stuff without fear of getting infected. And since you now have a pretty good PC, you must try Ubuntu or Linuxmint in 64-BIT flavor. They're significantly faster and snappier than both Windows 7 & 8.

^ instead of going for dual booting, learning 2 OS.. repeated shut-downs and restarts between 2 systems, and interrupting utorrent frequently, having to install same software twice on both OS, and still having to reboot back to windows for majority of softwares and Little to no games support for linux.. problems with drivers..extra disk space lost for softwares.. full partition wasted..etc .. isnt that just a BIT TOO MUCH just for not installing a free AV?

besides, if you DO HAVE an AV installed , you donot get infected in the first place, and you donot have to risk formatting anything...even if an AV is unable to remove the virus at that time, you can always quarantine it, and after a few updates, the AV will be able to handle it..

i just hope you stay safe...

PS: No, thank you for your offer... the previous post must have mislead you... its now edited to convey the proper message..

for me, Microsoft Security Essentials :)

Just disable removable media Autorun and you will not get infected by an infected USB. Unless, of course, you yourself double click an infected EXE file therein.

And if you do have an AV installed, you still have a chance of getting infected/rootkit-ed. In some cases, even more than no-AV users, because you are engulfed in a frail sense of security and are thus more liable to open/run a newly released FUD virus.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:248, topic:745”]

^ instead of going for dual booting, learning 2 OS.. repeated shut-downs and restarts between 2 systems, and interrupting utorrent frequently, having to install same software twice on both OS, and still having to reboot back to windows for majority of softwares and Little to no games support for linux.. problems with drivers..extra disk space lost for softwares.. full partition wasted..etc .. isnt that just a BIT TOO MUCH just for not installing a free AV?

besides, if you DO HAVE an AV installed , you donot get infected in the first place, and you donot have to risk formatting anything...even if an AV is unable to remove the virus at that time, you can always quarantine it, and after a few updates, the AV will be able to handle it..

i just hope you stay safe...

PS: No, thank you for your offer... the previous post must have mislead you... its now edited to convey the proper message..

[/quote]

YOu seem to be implying I'm dual-booting just for the sake of safe keeping my system from viruses. Sadly, once again you're terribly mistaken. I have my own uses of Linux for my professional needs, so having a dual-boot configuration is vital for me.

Like the saying goes "Prevention is better than CuRe". The same rule applies here :)

P.S: Apology accepted :lol:, though my offer still stands if you change your mind ;)

and then again, as always, This is just YOUR solution, which you are trying to impose for everyone else.. .and if you have professional use of linux, great for you, thousands of people worldwide use linux for a lot of things.... but billions donot.. for them, a proper AV would be much better ""precaution than cure..""

That's the most hilarious thing I've read over the weekend. If I'm imposing on anyone, I would've received warning from the admin by now. Am I holding a gun to your head and asking you to do exactly as I say or else? Obviously not. This is a public forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion. You're the only one getting so much butthurt.

Disagreements are part of a discussion, but you sir are taking it far too personally, as if I’m insulting your intelligence :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Earlier I was using Avast for my system but nowadays I think Kaspersky and Quickheal Total Security are best as both these worked for my system.

I use Avast free antiVirus .. Pretty good for basic protection and for home users ..

Avira acha hai free hai.

i will give preference to avast. because both of the antivirus deletes the whole file instead of leaving traces of virus in that file and also doesnot slow down your PC. If your PC already contains viruses it wil remve it using bot time scanner and yor PC will be cleaned

Kaspersky Internet Security is best and all in one solution. If pc is already infected and if you don't want to buy Kaspersky Internet Security then give Kaspersky rescue disk or Kaspersky virus removing tool a try. Both of these tools are free. Kaspersky virus removing tool can be installed on PC. But if your PC is not even booting up then use Kaspersky rescue disk. You can make live usb of it using any tool.

I think MS security essentials also does a good job for a csual user. Not all of us are coders and gamers.

i will suggest Bitdefender offcurse...