Best Anti Virus Software?

GUys i Need SOme Advise About The Best anti virus...

i currently use NOD32

it is gud at its low memory eating but i am infected even in the presence of it

when ever i open my drives from my computer they open in a new window

and at startup PC gets stuck apparently everything seems to be fine; no disk activity but No new Programs Run

And after some time all of sudden all start at the same time

[its not chinese virus nor ravmon]

So GUys Just TeLL me about best anti virus...which detects all viruses and deals with them hardly...

i think macafee is best antivirus

Doesn't sound like a virus I think. Try a scan with the Kaspersky online scanner (from their website) to see if you are infected.

Antivirus can only delete the core virus, they can't get rid of the remnants.

You need to delete the "Autorun.inf".

And opening windows in new windows... there's an option to turn that off... within Windows.

But if you can't dig out the issues manually, go for a reinstall.

And btw, NOD32 v3 is out... since a long time back... and so is the fix.

can be a spy ware or just bug coz of a software conflict

Kaspersky RoX!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Doesn’t sound like a virus I think. Try a scan with the Kaspersky online scanner (from their website) to see if you are infected.
[/quote]

ok i got IT

its this one

Trojan-PSW.Win32.OnLineGames.acgu

so now advise me which AV to use???

Latest NOD is not taking it!!

look here evry thing is infected helpppppppppppp!!!

NOw even when i am using windows it stucks and no new programs are running i.e. i cant open new processes the ones which are running keep running and i cant open neww

after some while all of the processes which i opened when it was stuck pop up

ksst2.jpg

ok i got IT

its this one

Trojan-PSW.Win32.OnLineGames.acgu

so now advise me which AV to use???

Latest NOD is not taking it!!

look here evry thing is infected helpppppppppppp!!!

NOw even when i am using windows it stucks and no new programs are running i.e. i cant open new processes the ones which are running keep running and i cant open neww

after some while all of the processes which i opened when it was stuck pop up

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7699/ksst2.jpg

[/quote]

i would suggest u to do a clean reinstall since most of ur main windows program have been infected

then get kaspersky simple :)

Yup format....then install KAV after installation of windows.

or just uninstall nod32 and install kaspersky to see if it is able to remove the virus

or just uninstall nod32 and install kaspersky to see if it is able to remove the virus
[/quote]

ok i ll do it

but i am nvr gona format… Cuz this is my longest evr worked window instalation…

I instaled it about a year ago and readily instaled aunti of virus after instalation thts y it iz stil ok

nod has caught many trojans and viruses frm net and i am satisfied with it as it iz a les memory eater

in the past i nvr used an AV cuz it sux pc speed and in those days my windows nvr worked gud for more than 3 or 4 months

and i also dislike new window instalation cuz u hav to instal all the programs and setings again and i hate tht thing

although my pc iz a bit slower than normal frm past some months but i didnt dared to reinstal

my all drives are hily fragmented but those fragments are permanent … But i stil dont wana reinstal windows

Symantec corporate version is the best of all and after that I will rate AVG and kaspersky.Kaspersky was good a year before but things turned.

ok i ll do it

but i am nvr gona format… Cuz this is my longest evr worked window instalation…

I instaled it about a year ago and readily instaled aunti of virus after instalation thts y it iz stil ok

nod has caught many trojans and viruses frm net and i am satisfied with it as it iz a les memory eater

in the past i nvr used an AV cuz it sux pc speed and in those days my windows nvr worked gud for more than 3 or 4 months

and i also dislike new window instalation cuz u hav to instal all the programs and setings again and i hate tht thing

although my pc iz a bit slower than normal frm past some months but i didnt dared to reinstal

my all drives are hily fragmented but those fragments are permanent … But i stil dont wana reinstal windows

[/quote]

yah a format is not always a ideal option so i recommended u to uninstall

"i understand"

Oh - and another thing: Kaspersky and NOD share the top spot (depends on which survey you look at).

But here are a few things to remember:

Kaspersky's on-access scan is good (i.e. it searches many file types), while NOD32's doesn't (not as many, but still, sizeable... Kaspersky beats here).

NOD32's heuristics scan is known industry-wide to be the best (check the internet for claims), Kaspersk'y heuristics capability isn't very good (and it's basically the heuristics that saves you before the definitions come out).

Kaspersky - it's difficult to get a working key (but I have a patch-type thing that lets you reset your 30 days trial). NOD32 has a patch that let's you use v3 for almost 40 years (till 2050)

Kaspersky can get a little bloated, but it's functionality is good. NOD32 v3 is now slicker (and definitely better than it's predecessors). Trust me, I've done ALOT of experimentation with antivirus programs :)

Kaspersky has an issue when it comes to false-positives (and it happened twice with me). Definition updates tend to fix it, but you never know when a safe file is regarded as a virus, and when a virus is regarded as safe.

NOD32 has failed 3 out of the 35 (or so) tests that were conducted, the lowest in the industry (I think it's Virus Bulletin that conducted the survey... can't remember.. you'll have to check it).

There you go. It's your choice now.

Oh - and another thing: Kaspersky and NOD share the top spot (depends on which survey you look at).

But here are a few things to remember:

Kaspersky’s on-access scan is good (i.e. it searches many file types), while NOD32’s doesn’t (not as many, but still, sizeable… Kaspersky beats here).

NOD32’s heuristics scan is known industry-wide to be the best (check the internet for claims), Kaspersk’y heuristics capability isn’t very good (and it’s basically the heuristics that saves you before the definitions come out).

Kaspersky - it’s difficult to get a working key (but I have a patch-type thing that lets you reset your 30 days trial). NOD32 has a patch that let’s you use v3 for almost 40 years (till 2050)

Kaspersky can get a little bloated, but it’s functionality is good. NOD32 v3 is now slicker (and definitely better than it’s predecessors). Trust me, I’ve done ALOT of experimentation with antivirus programs :)

Kaspersky has an issue when it comes to false-positives (and it happened twice with me). Definition updates tend to fix it, but you never know when a safe file is regarded as a virus, and when a virus is regarded as safe.

NOD32 has failed 3 out of the 35 (or so) tests that were conducted, the lowest in the industry (I think it’s Virus Bulletin that conducted the survey… can’t remember… you’ll have to check it).

There you go. It’s your choice now.

[/quote]

nice survey thnx man

but yar ab NOD is not catching this virus so now i will install kaspersky

after i am done with virus i ll resinall NOD32 :P

bolo kaisa!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

ok guys kaspersky did the job 4 me

kaspersky kicked the az of the virus and disinfected my files now every thing iz runing smothly and

i hav chosen kaspersky as my new life time safeguard

but after i just completed my update it said that my key iz blacklisted and i cant download any more updates

so any advise regarding it

howevr now my virus definations are up to date

and now my drives are also not opening in new window and my startup iz also fine

and i am very happy :)

I was infected with amv0 last month -- for 2 minutes! :P Cleaned it up using HijackThis and Killbox.

Congratulations on a clean computer! :D

Kaspersky - it’s difficult to get a working key (but I have a patch-type thing that lets you reset your 30 days trial). NOD32 has a patch that let’s you use v3 for almost 40 years (till 2050)
[/quote]

Hey would it be possible for you to email me a link to the kaspersky patch ?

But I think you should try Avast and download it from www.avast.com free. it is free and powerful