Best 1200 VA Pure Sinewave UPS in the market?

rule of thumb.. never load your ups beyond 50-60% of its max capacity.. meaning donot put CONTINUOUS loads of over 500W on a 1000W ups.. ocassionaly you may but not constant,,.

better to buy an APC 1400VA or 1500VA model.. both are 980W, have upto 14Amps charging, and wont restart your PC ..for cyberpower, check their website, they have all models listed,call their office for prices..check VA vs Watts for power calculations..

as for batteries. if going for APC, buy a one time expense of AGS 165AH x 2 batteries.. it will be costly, but you will have long backups for almost over 2 years.. AGS and APC is a tried and tested combo in most of my installations, and works best.. Exides are average.. pehonix batteries are great but difficult to find them and get warranty claims.. complany is very strict.

if price much of a problem, volta batteries do a very good job at decent price.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:21, topic:20694”]

rule of thumb.. never load your ups beyond 50-60% of its max capacity.. meaning donot put CONTINUOUS loads of over 500W on a 1000W ups.. ocassionaly you may but not constant,,.

better to buy an APC 1400VA or 1500VA model.. both are 980W, have upto 14Amps charging, and wont restart your PC ..for cyberpower, check their website, they have all models listed,call their office for prices..check VA vs Watts for power calculations..

as for batteries. if going for APC, buy a one time expense of AGS 165AH x 2 batteries.. it will be costly, but you will have long backups for almost over 2 years.. AGS and APC is a tried and tested combo in most of my installations, and works best.. Exides are average.. pehonix batteries are great but difficult to find them and get warranty claims.. complany is very strict.

[/quote]

damn it ..

today i searched the whole college road and all said that modified sinewave inverters will restart some pcs. they sid it wil restart some and not some. ..

i got same veiws for cyperpower . inverex. homage. ns. .. and few customers who had earlier bought it were also present saying the same .. and were very upset.

strangely they said local ups or desi ups wont restart the pc.. and few were touting Deluxe ups and HEC to be pure sinewave and were willing to give guarantee that it wont restart.

and i couldnt find any ups having good power factor as you described.

all were 1200va and 720 watts or 600 watts.

the 2.2kva was 1200 or 1320 watts.

i searched a lot for apc used ups but couldnt find one

you must be living in a very restricted market area.

look on hafeezcenter website or olx for APC in your area..

and @topic.

desi UPS will not restart your ups.. :D ,. they are that dam good at that.. :D

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:21, topic:20694”]

[/quote]

Fully agree with Farhan and have a question. When and how do you find some time for your Doctor(i) profession :-) ? Or you are a UPSologist ?

3.5 years with Homage not a single problem occured till date , you know about the fricking electricity problems..overall its a solid UPS ,the backdrop is its modified wave.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

[quote=", post:24, topic:20694"]

Fully agree with Farhan and have a question. When and how do you find some time for your Doctor(i) profession :-) ? Or you are a UPSologist ?

[/quote]

LMAO... i always imagined you to be extremely surrial... but seriously, you are changing my perspective day by day.. :D

i find time for the electronic portion of my life, 30 min in the morning before leaving,. 2 hours after returning... and i donot like the UPSology portion, my main interests are electronics and technology..for which i used to write for paid blogs etc.

as for my main profession, doing it in all the time in between.. did my fellowship and masters while building PC rigs and workstations.. :)

finally got some time to buy it. i bought hec one. as the apc ones were to be modified fro those big lead acid type of batteries. and every shopkeeper was saying that on inverters most pc's restart . only this hec was said to be in pure sine wave ..

its 1200va and 700watts and is very heavy.

i hope tommorow i will get some time and get ags battery … 175ah.

damn it.

bought that HEC UPS and AGS GX175 AH battery, battery was charged at 10 amps by shopkeeper for 3 hours . then i connected it with the ups and it was charged to 100 % after 3- 4 hours...

now as soon as the main supply is disconnected from the ups it shows 100% and after few minutes with no load it drops to 71 % and with attahing a p4 pc with 14 inch monitor it drops to 50 % after 5 minutes..

what could be wrong ?

damn thing is bought ups from one shop and battery from another as i wanted ags and found only few shops having it in pindi,

when it is shown as 100% by the ups the oc voltage is 13.45 using uni-t 203 multimeter probes (also it was shown as 13.6 using dt830b cheap multimeter) (though ups was connected to battery terminals but was off thorugh the switch at its front)

forget the ups readings... find out what the battery voltage is when the bar fall to 70 and 50%..

then let the ups drain the battery till end.. check battery volts then, and al;so the backup time in total..

1 - Flaky battery.

2 - Battery capacity gauge implemented in UPS/inverter is not scaled properly.

@ farhan_ds will do the same.

I talked to the ups dealer he said it while charging it will show upto 100% but it’s discharge will start from 60% his logic was that the battery is not full capacity.
Ie it’s mentioned 175ah but it’s in reality 135 and that’s why it’s doing so. Strange how does the ups know that the batter connected with me is 175ah and it’s real ah capacity is 135ah?he said it’s controller inside ups. Damn it quackery at its peak.

Now I am checking it’s timing. I have connected a pc with it. Using a Chinese analog Power meter it’s is currently drawing 110 watts of power.

And using clamp meter the battery is releasing 12 amperes of current. At this moment mains supply is disconnected.

So is it normal for ups to show this type of behavior of starting the discharge from 60 %?

@ijaz bro is your friend also experiencing same issue?

What battery setup is he using?

@asad
Is it possible to calibrate it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

[quote=“jhagra, post:31, topic:20694”]

@asad Is it possible to calibrate it? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Most likely, no, though the circuit will need to be checked to be 100% sure.

@ijaz bro is your friend also experiencing same issue? What battery setup is he using?

[/quote]

I will ask him.

But if you are getting adequate backup, why worry about this capacity indicator ? I think the battery percentage indicator is calibrated for a certain capacity battery and will not work accurately on other capacities.

@jhagra

Does it restart your PC?

@ farhan_ds will do the same. I talked to the ups dealer he said it while charging it will show upto 100% but it's discharge will start from 60% his logic was that the battery is not full capacity. Ie it's mentioned 175ah but it's in reality 135 and that's why it's doing so. Strange how does the ups know that the batter connected with me is 175ah and it's real ah capacity is 135ah?he said it's controller inside ups. Damn it quackery at its peak. Now I am checking it's timing. I have connected a pc with it. Using a Chinese analog Power meter it's is currently drawing 110 watts of power. And using clamp meter the battery is releasing 12 amperes of current. At this moment mains supply is disconnected. So is it normal for ups to show this type of behavior of starting the discharge from 60 %? @ijaz bro is your friend also experiencing same issue? What battery setup is he using? @asad Is it possible to calibrate it? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

\

That indeed is either the highest level of technology UPS designed and manufactured on Cybertron, with greatest hitech sensors.

or just a stupid shopkeeper.

a 174AH battery is closer to 150AH -160.. but it is peak capacity in itself.. just call it a 150AH battery and put whatever label on it . doesnot matter

instead, the UPS are mostly designed for dry battery 14.4V .. our wet batteries canot reach that potential without overcharging, so ussally its around 13.5V at max, so automatically the UPS and battery have different level of peak readings so ups will always sho lower indicators.. even APC does that on discharge.. loses 2 bars in less than 2 min.. thats normal.

just measure backup time tll ups shuts down and then battery terminal voltages individually at that time..

Thanks @ farhan_ds for the explanation.

Ok i did few tests
I connected my p4 pc with 14inch crt monitor through a watt meter. The watt meter was showing approx 110watts of load and the ups shut down after 6 hours.

It was first cycle of battery.

Regarding pc restart I have yet to carry out full tests.

Dam u.... your everything is perfectly fine..

Zenjoy

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:37, topic:20694”]

Dam u… your everything is perfectly fine…

Zenjoy

[/quote]
Awesome man.
I will test it for pc restarts.

just turn light switch on and off on wapda.. and see if it restarts.. simple :)

PC restarting has nothing to do with modified sine wave or pure sine wave...The transfer time of UPS need to be less than 10 ms ,homage has 15 ms on narrow mode and 40 ms on wide mode so it do restarts PC...i replaced my homage UPS with Maximum Pure Sine Wave 2000 Va, 1200 watts local made very good UPS http://www.maximum.com.pk/main/......PC dont restart PC and PTCL modem dont disconnect on power outage and no humming sound on fans ...Dear fellows may i ask one question....When homage used to fully charge a battery the specific gravity i checked was never 1.250 as it was 1.220 same is the case with this charger specific gravity is always around 1.210 or 1.200 even after hours of trickle charge...i have Luminous square wave UPS too its charger is very good when on trickle charge i check specific gravity it i always 1.270 or 1.260 and lumionus also have a transfer time of 10 ms mostly dont restart PC but it produces awesome kind of humming sound on fans even more than homage ..so my question is whats the difference in two charges and if a battery stays in 1.200 Specific gravity does it have chances to enter in process of SULFATION???