Beggars will cell phones?

Here we go now, once again, I have received multiple missed calls and begging request for balance from complete strangers!

"plz plzz send me 10rs" ... why would I send someone 10rs who I don't even know? Completely lame!

LOL for real? It reminds me of good ol' heroin addicts who begged for money to feed their addiction to heroin.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Here we go now, once again, I have received multiple missed calls and begging request for balance from complete strangers!

“plz plzz send me 10rs” … why would I send someone 10rs who I don’t even know? Completely lame!

[/quote]

ya my brother received one such sms "agar app allah rasool main maantey hain toh mujhey 10 rs balance bhejdey main hospital main hoon emergency hai"

and when he told me about that i was first shocked and then laughed like crazy

OT but theres a weird thing going on with Warid, don't know if its happening with other people too. If someone tries to call me, for example a friend, who knows my number of course, and i have his / her contact info saved. Now i hear a totally different person on my end (who never dialed my number to begin with), and not the person who is actually calling me at that very time. Now here is the beauty of this, the actual person calling me, also gets connected to someone totally different and not me... talk about cross connection on steroids...

“plz plzz send me 10rs” … why would I send someone 10rs who I don’t even know? Completely lame!

[/quote]

lol it’s better than people trying to scam others into sending them their balance… but still… lame.

OT but theres a weird thing going on with Warid, don’t know if its happening with other people too. If someone tries to call me, for example a friend, who knows my number of course, and i have his / her contact info saved. Now i hear a totally different person on my end (who never dialed my number to begin with), and not the person who is actually calling me at that very time. Now here is the beauty of this, the actual person calling me, also gets connected to someone totally different and not me… talk about cross connection on steroids…
[/quote]

It must be because of that 8 digit number thing or maybe MNP but more inclined towards the first reason

lol it’s better than people trying to scam others into sending them their balance… but still… lame.

[/quote]

i don’t believe that they actually think someone will send them 10 rs balance

OT but theres a weird thing going on with Warid, don’t know if its happening with other people too. If someone tries to call me, for example a friend, who knows my number of course, and i have his / her contact info saved. Now i hear a totally different person on my end (who never dialed my number to begin with), and not the person who is actually calling me at that very time. Now here is the beauty of this, the actual person calling me, also gets connected to someone totally different and not me… talk about cross connection on steroids…
[/quote]

I have been facing the same problem with Warid. It just plain sucks.

I remember this happening on Mobilink network eons ago.

^^ Another interesting / weird thing is that on CLI the number of the person intending to call me is shown.

they are the most stupid persons i hav ever met.....

i got 2 such messages and they were replied very XXXXXXX....

nowadayz beggars also have cell phones so i think this is kinda new policy introduced by baggars having cell phones named as

"TECHNICAL BHEEK"

the new sms packages by ufone and djuice will help these beggars very much

i dont know what kinda zameer these people have

at one place they say that denmark's cartoons should be treated very hardly

and at other place they

speak lie in the name of our Holy Prophet S.A.W. and Allah

Does cellphone service providers of Pakistan allow anyway to block any number (like these baggers or obnoxious callers)? I don't think so, it will hurt service provider's pocket (these SMS/calls sum up some money) :)

Anyway, does cellphone service providers of Pakistan allow any "report mechanism" to actually report fraud/begging? There are lots of teenagers (and many adults with teenager-level brains) are trying to fool other with different text messaging to get credits. I never replied to any such text message but there should be some way to report about these text messages and service providers much take quick and swift action against them to confiscate number and never issuing new phone number on that ID card (service providers should share list of "bad" people between them). But of course, service provider will lose money if they block these text messaging :(

Mobilink reported in Jang newspaper that 40% calls to helpline are obnoxious. Mobilink only started charging on helpline but never took action against obnoxious callers even when they have recorded calls. If Mobilink wanted then they could terminate the contract and never issue new phone number to that ID card but of course that means losing 40% users. Oh my God! We have so much garbage in this country? 40%!

Some day...

Fe-Aman Allah.

i dont know what kinda zameer these people have

at one place they say that denmark’s cartoons should be treated very hardly

and at other place they

speak lie in the name of our Holy Prophet S.A.W. and Allah

[/quote]

You’re trying to join two completely opposite ends together… Next time, please think twice before generalizing some thing you don’t have full facts about

Please keep religion out of anything and everything. No comments, no replies, no responses on religion or religion related posts. If this spirals out of control then we are following a no tolerance policy.

[/quote]

Yep same here.Warid network is #$%^&# up.

i m facing different problem.

ERROR in Connection when calling to other networks.

Strange i am not facing such problems with warid

Does cellphone service providers of Pakistan allow anyway to block any number (like these baggers or obnoxious callers)? I don’t think so, it will hurt service provider’s pocket (these SMS/calls sum up some money) :)

Anyway, does cellphone service providers of Pakistan allow any “report mechanism” to actually report fraud/begging? There are lots of teenagers (and many adults with teenager-level brains) are trying to fool other with different text messaging to get credits. I never replied to any such text message but there should be some way to report about these text messages and service providers much take quick and swift action against them to confiscate number and never issuing new phone number on that ID card (service providers should share list of “bad” people between them). But of course, service provider will lose money if they block these text messaging :(

Mobilink reported in Jang newspaper that 40% calls to helpline are obnoxious. Mobilink only started charging on helpline but never took action against obnoxious callers even when they have recorded calls. If Mobilink wanted then they could terminate the contract and never issue new phone number to that ID card but of course that means losing 40% users. Oh my God! We have so much garbage in this country? 40%!

Some day…

Fe-Aman Allah.

[/quote]

wel i remember a post in old forums named as

"unchahey sms"

and the pic of notification by pta was posted there tht if u receive any such kinda spam mesages u can report and also the punishment was very strict…

I dont remember the number of pta but u can get it 4rm the website or by caling helpline ane telling ur complain there(if its same network then the cmpny ll deal but inter network are dealt by pta)

@guys

i just wanted to point out the eman of such people who say lie in the name of GOD ,sry i was unable to explain my point, i m sry and leave it as it iz

The phone companies should be stopped from offering such unlimited sms services. Thats the only solution that i see for this problem.

[/quote]

it happened with me today on a mobilink indigo number