Battery Revamp/Service?

Hello,

I've been using two Osaka 220AH batteries for around 2 years now.

And it seems lately they have finally run their course. The maximum duration I can get from them(fully charged) is 1 hour with 200 Watts load.

Someone suggested I do a 'battery service' where they: (keywords)

'clean'

'renew tezab'

'clean plates'

'fully charge it'

My question, how valid is a battery service? And does it improve upon my situation(i-e extend backup timings from 1 hour onwards?)

Will it turn back the clock on the battery's life, or is it just unavoidable that these batteries will eventually die within 6 months?

Thanks in advance for any response

Bro its time to change batteries ..

well if your charger can EQUALIZE batteries then it can improve.

1 - These batteries will eventually die in 6 months.. no matter what.they are already over their life

2 - Desulphation is a processfor removing the sulphation off the internal lead plates by pulsating current shocks and / or chemical methods

3 - fresh acid should only be used if desulphaing as the acid will be muddy with the sulphates particals.

4 - all these procedures will only increase your backup time by an hour or so at max.... will not prolong the life..see point 1

5 - you already have had a very good life cycle from these batteires, so you shouldnt expect much..

6 - since refueling and desulphation (if properly done) is a very cheap process compared to actually buying new batteries, its no harm to try,.

Understood, thanks.

I suppose changing them is inevitable.

Replacing both to AGS is a major hit to the pocket. Any suggestions in that regard? (perhaps change 1 now and the 2nd a couple of months later?) Does that affect performance of the newer one, to be coupled with an old Osaka battery with different AH rating?

Much respect to farhan_ds, has always come through with help on these forums!

Dont mix old one with new ones....go for exide N190 , its for 14000 prices is going to get high soon

[quote=“RKuken, post:5, topic:20832”]

Understood, thanks.

I suppose changing them is inevitable.

Replacing both to AGS is a major hit to the pocket. Any suggestions in that regard? (perhaps change 1 now and the 2nd a couple of months later?) Does that affect performance of the newer one, to be coupled with an old Osaka battery with different AH rating?

Much respect to farhan_ds, has always come through with help on these forums!

[/quote]

if you already have a quality UPS, i would strongly recommend AGS and strongly discourage Exide.. even volta is much superior option than exides.

Never mix new and old... instead just service the batteries with desulphation and acid now, and save up for higher capacity AGS when you can afford..

mine are working fantastic for really long time..and still giving almost 70% of original backup..and they are 165AH x4..cold as Fudge.. and only added water once in almost 1.5 years.. very little water.