Battery not charging to full

Hello,

i have 185amps milltat lead acid battery but its not charging to full, ups always charging i have also tried with external charger still same , can u anybody tell me the reason behind this ?

Reagrds

Bad electrolyte, problem in charge, old age, many reasons.

i have checked the specific gravity of every cell and found gravity of 1.200 , is this good ?

battery must be wearing out and not able to achieve cutoff voltage, bettter adjust your ups to 13.8V to 14.0 V. SP gravity is low.always use distilled water to level your battery,never use ac water or acid in your battery it will damage it. you can go to the nearby batteryshop and ask him to charge your battery.

one more thing i have left battery for one day without charging and next day found battery volts drop from 12.3 to 10.23 ? what causing this issue ?

Keep ur battery in charged state since lying discharge for long time make the plates sulphated and loss of capacity on permenant basis which will make ur battery useless.Battery voltage below 11.0 Volts on NO LOAD indicates one or more cells gone bad.

[quote=“gbaz, post:5, topic:21863”]

one more thing i have left battery for one day without charging and next day found battery volts drop from 12.3 to 10.23 ? what causing this issue ?

[/quote]

probably weak battery or a dead cell.. voltage should not drop like that at all... even after a week of storage, it should remain above 11.5V.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:7, topic:21863”]

probably weak battery or a dead cell.. voltage should not drop like that at all... even after a week of storage, it should remain above 11.5V.

[/quote]

can u please explain how can i check wheter which cell of battery is weak , i have unit-203 meter . thanks

My battery has the same problem even I have adjusted the ups to cut off at 14.8v but its gravity is not going above 1.2oo

measure the DC amps going to battery by using the UniT meter and also to measure voltage across batteries individually 1 - when fully charged.. 2 - after 4-6 hours unused disconnected from ups 3 - , and when its totally dead after complete used without wapda connected.

buy a 150rs hydro meter to measure specific gravity of each battery cell at all the same intervals.

sp gravity should be equal in all cells.. if at full charge it is below 1.25 then all cells are weak. if one cell has below value compared to others, then that cell alone is faulty.

I have measured all these is it safe to bring the charging to 15v

anything above 14V would be considered overcharging which will ruin ur battery.

^ yes exactly.. 14.2V max is for brand new powerful high quality batteries..

I adjusted the ups on 14.3 but the gravity went to 1.150 nearly touching the red portion on hydro meter

probably battery is fried.. is it getting hot, steam coming out at full charge? warm to touch in cold weather? then battery is dead. due to ups ..

I have checked its cold but I have cheked the problem is in ups it has no 3 stage charging and after complete charge it does not stable the battery on a constant voltage after one hour voltage comes to 12.5v after 6 hours it comes to 12.4

I am looking forward to buy new ups which is good ups which can run battery fine for 2 or 3 years and what about homage and inverex

APC and cyberpower are the only good proper reliable brands.. rest are hit and mix. inverex is ok too.

Are dry batteries like nerada and agm are compatible with cyber power ups

Sent from my H30-U10 using Tapatalk

everything is compatible.

agm is a type of battery

narada is brand of battery maker.