Battery charging and discharging at the same time

Hello,

recently my battery got one cell dead , i have setup of solar panel , in which battery is connect directly to ups + also charging and discharging at the same time . my first battery lasted 1.5 year because i am not using solar panel at that time , but now my new battery got one cell dead , recently i have added the distilled water from ag battery tonic , can continuously charging and discharging are cause of battery dead premature ?

or there is another cause , please share your setup of solar panel ? are using battery directly connected to ups ?

No Bro i also have 600watts pannels and using charge controller with that not directly with battry . and i think life of battry reduced after insatalled solar mine battry also lasted only 7months on solar. before solar setup mine battries lasted for 1year..

R u usin liquid or dry one.

[quote=“ASIF-ALI, post:2, topic:21968”]

No Bro i also have 600watts pannels and using charge controller with that not directly with battry . and i think life of battry reduced after insatalled solar mine battry also lasted only 7months on solar. before solar setup mine battries lasted for 1year..

[/quote]

how you're using without battery solar panels ?

[quote=“gbaz, post:, topic:”]

Hello,

recently my battery got one cell dead , i have setup of solar panel , in which battery is connect directly to ups + also charging and discharging at the same time . my first battery lasted 1.5 year because i am not using solar panel at that time , but now my new battery got one cell dead , recently i have added the distilled water from ag battery tonic , can continuously charging and discharging are cause of battery dead premature ?

or there is another cause , please share your setup of solar panel ? are using battery directly connected to ups ?

[/quote]

there are several possible reasons.. for details please post pics of your setup wiring.. and details of the ups and your load and especially charge controller

since one cell is dead it is manufacturing defect.. when problem is with whole battery , then it could be a charging fault.

[quote=“gbaz, post:4, topic:21968”]

how you're using without battery solar panels ?

[/quote]

Bro i mean that i not connected pannels with battry first i connected to charge control then to battry .

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:5, topic:21968”]

there are several possible reasons.. for details please post pics of your setup wiring.. and details of the ups and your load and especially charge controller

since one cell is dead it is manufacturing defect.. when problem is with whole battery , then it could be a charging fault.

[/quote]

i am using homepower 1000VA 12v ups , mppt charge controller in which vented battery option is selected buck charge is 14.2 and float charge is 13.7 , solar panles of 600w.

solarpanel --- > charge controller ---> battery -----> ups -----> load (~ 200w max 100w min 220)

probably since only one cell is faulty it is most likely a manufacturing defect.. if its under warranty, then replace it, if not you can get the cell repaired.. it should last you 6 months.

If your UPS also charges the battery then it may be an issue as, in daytime, two sources charges the battery , this can surely cause damage to battery.

If your UPS does not charge battery while solar is active then the setup is all fine and there may be other reason for damage.

My own setup is same as your but I have made arrangement with a separate light switch to make sure the WAPDA is only fed once it is night.

Bro in market 1 hybrid switch available it will shift to solar when solar 20% avail and at night it will turn on wapda if battry drops to 80% and price to that is 1200.

thanks asif this exactly what required by any solar user with hybrid setup to maximize benefit.

much appreciated if you share the seller and name of device for users.

[quote=“ASIF-ALI, post:10, topic:21968”]

Bro in market 1 hybrid switch available it will shift to solar when solar 20% avail and at night it will turn on wapda if battry drops to 80% and price to that is 1200.

[/quote]

where to buy this ?

Dear Brother On hall road shop name taisu solar system they build their on sine wave ups charge controller hybrid device. and have everything that u need for solar . the device is avail there in 1200 rs and contact no is .

0300 6464433 person name is saleem just give him refrence that asif ali from nankana give your no and he will guide you with stepbystep.