Bank Deposit from one City to another

If we send money via bank deposit from Lahore to Islamabad or in any city lets say, MCB to MCB will this deposit cost us any fee?

Depends on the bank.

MCB charged me 110rs for transferring from within city one branch to another for 10k - because I didn't have an account in that branch. And yes, it's pretty lame!

Just ask the concerned bank IMHO.

--

No. You will not be charged, Just go to any of the MCB bank. Fill up the Deposit Slip mentioning the name and branch and submit it to the counter with the cash and they will just submit the cash. They will just ask for your NIC. Get a copy of it in case there machine is not working.

^^ you are not sure about it as u said "may not be charged" and then you are confirming it by saying "Better ask the bank". What help this kind of reply is gonna help the OP. :).

Other then SCB, all bank charge you for online transactions, even its a same bank transfer. Bank charges vary from bank to bank.

^ I used Bank Alfalah today to deposit some cash in friends account in sialkot. They did not charge me as I just used the deposit slip :)

--

145 were charged by MCB for a bank deposit yesterday !

It was within city transfer :(

MCB is a strange bank, at least here, they still write all the money transfers in a register instead of a computer.

They even take your CNIC and dont have photostate machines. It really pisses off when you are standing in line and they ask you do it from the photostate which it too far and again u have to be part of the line!

^^Yes, despite the fact that in local bank MCB was the first online bank but their services have gone below par now.

@noclue: My dear friend, if you dont know then simply dont reply the post. OP didnt ask for banking rules but asked in general, MCB was given just as example. No-one is suppose to know everything off course, so just chill :)

back to topic: Summary so far:

1. SCB &

2. Al-Falah does not charge for online transfers.

Any more additions ?

--

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^^Yes, despite the fact that in local bank MCB was the first online bank but their services have gone below par now.

@noclue: My dear friend, if you dont know then simply dont reply the post. OP didnt ask for banking rules but asked in general, MCB was given just as example. No-one is suppose to know everything off course, so just chill :)

1. SCB &

Any more additions ?

[/quote]

HMB also does not charge

All Govt. , Semi Govt. , Previously Govt. Banks charge for online deposits, MCB has different rates for different amounts :P, the best way is to ask the Cashier there about the exact charges :D

1. SCB &

Any more additions ?

[/quote]

Meezan Bank, NIB Bank :D

MCB is a strange bank, at least here, they still write all the money transfers in a register instead of a computer.
[/quote]

Haha. Their small branches do that. Bigger branches are better now.

So what we got now:

1. SCB

2. Al-Falah

3. HMB

4. Meezan

5. NIB

Does not charge for online transactions. Any more?

Haha. Their small branches do that. Bigger branches are better now.
[/quote]

I have visited many MCB branches in Lahore and they are all living in “Mughlia Daur” :D

So what we got now:

1. SCB

2. Al-Falah

3. HMB

4. Meezan

5. NIB

Does not charge for online transactions. Any more?

[/quote]

I have heard Summit Bank (Merger of Arif Habib & Atlas Bank) also provide free online + they offer free debit card also :)

That means there are number of banks who are not charging, the banks which are charging should be boycotted :)