Ban Some pc

Hello i have 4 pc i want to ban one pc of my networking..

my netwoking is like.ROuter connected with Switch and all connections are distributed by OBTAIN AUTOMATICLY configuration.. no computer is the server but any how i want to dissallow one pc to remain in networking but do not access the internt

^if your router has a mac address filter then use that to block the computer

plz send me more information.. i cant understand..

MAC Adress is a unique address assigned to network adapter or u can say LAN card ov every PC..if you have MAC filtering option in your router you can block that specific MAC adress and that pc would not be able to use internet....

to know the MAC adress..go to Start>run> type cmd.exe and press enter then type ipconfig/all in Command Prompt window.

(click Start, then Run, then type cmd in the text box.)

Type in ipconfig/all in the Command Prompt Windows.

The 12-digit Physical Address is the MAC address

1242849576.jpg

or you can open Local area connection status click on Support and then click on Details...

1242882956.jpg

The physical adress is the MAC address ....

get the MAC address of the PC you dont want to access internet and then enter that MAC address in you MAC adress filter in your MOdem/Router....it works only if your Router has MAC Address feature..! check your router settings for that!

^ hashim told u how to chk ur mac add....

but u didnt tell us which modem or router are u usin and does it have mac filter??? tell sum model name brand name or sumfink...

he is unable to open his modem router page!! default passwords are changed! i advised him to reset his router using pin!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

he is unable to open his modem router page!! default passwords are changed! i advised him to reset his router using pin!
[/quote]

but does he know his dsl password and stuf??? he cant really use “backup settings” method can he… if all of his settings are deleted there is no need to ban anyone the cuz the net wont work anyway… and as it is very ussual with the pakistani isp’s the suport team will take days to clear the damage…

hmm..yea..!! so he really needs to guess the password then!! :P

yeh i cant access the 192.168.1.1 page../ then how can i block the mac adress?

so if i restart the router.. will my interent still works?

^ are you sure that the web config for your router exists on 192.168.1.1? check the gateway assigned to your network adpater enter that into a browser

i have tried.

^do this open up the command line and type this ipconfig/ all

paste the output here

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : FAHAD

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe

rnet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-05-5D-4D-5C-5D

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, January 01, 2002 12:02:11 A

M

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, January 01, 2002 1:02:11 AM

D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>

yup u r on 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.255 gateway... ur router webui is 192.168.1.1... u have figure out the pass to the ui unless u know ur dsl parrameters and dsl username and pass.... if u know the tht stuff then go ahead and reset ur rourter by the pin hole button.. otherwise logg a complain i guess..

ahan.. i know my username and pass.. which i have applied on to 192.168.1.1 and i have applied admin admin in that but i cant acces the router page..

so if i restart my router.,shall i have to apply any new or exra setting to On the internet on all the pc ?

and if i am able to access the router page.. then plz tell me how i should ban the pc? i mean which option should i access?

dude if u resart the router u will have 2 set the router up....

no wont need to do anything on the pcs...

btw u still havent told us ur isp or ur router's manufacturer....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

dude if u resart the router u will have 2 set the router up…

no wont need to do anything on the pcs…

btw u still havent told us ur isp or ur router’s manufacturer…

[/quote]

i have ptcl connection of 1 mb… i dont know the router manufacture it is i think of ptcl

PTCL doesnt manufacture modem....i think he as Shiro because it has PTCL Broadband logo :P

Yeh i am using Shiro router which is provided by PTCL to me.

DSL805 E

ADSL2+Ethernet Modem