Balancing problem

hi

everyone.

i have a ptcl 1 mb connection, and get downloading speed around 110Kb/s and for downloading i use idm, the problem for me is that when iam downloading something, my browsing becomes so slow that even google.com takes 2-5minutes . is there any way i can balance my downloading and browsing speed so when i downloading my browsing never goes down.

im using shiro .

if u want ur browsing /download balanced then dont download with idm bcoz idm suckzz al the bandwidth so browsing becomes slow....download with your defualt internet explorer and then you will be able to get decent browsing :)

I think one can limit download speed in IDM. You may set your download speed to 80 or 90 KB, then there will be no problem with browsing.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I think one can limit download speed in IDM. You may set your download speed to 80 or 90 KB, then there will be no problem with browsing.
[/quote]

ya u can use that feauture if u have got a cracked/registered version!

There is a better solution (provided your router supports it), where you wont need to cap you download limit in IDM

You can configure QoS in your router for port 80 and 8080, and give it high priority. Even with downloads running in background your browsing will be quite smooth

Use the free download manager. It supports speed limits:

http://freedownloadmanager.org/

hi

everyone.

i have a ptcl 1 mb connection, and get downloading speed around 110Kb/s and for downloading i use idm, the problem for me is that when iam downloading something, my browsing becomes so slow that even google.com takes 2-5minutes . is there any way i can balance my downloading and browsing speed so when i downloading my browsing never goes down.

im using shiro .

[/quote]

In IDM go to Downloads > Option > you can limit your downloading speed from here :)

Rizu define the wrong method of speed limiting

Sorry Rizu dont mind

but the method which u tell will only limit on the volume of download

i.e 10Mb in Hour.

but it will not limit the transfer speed. so it will not make the browsing smooth

here is the proper method.

limit your download from here.

idm1.jpg

idmx.jpg

Rizu define the wrong method of speed limiting

Sorry Rizu dont mind

but the method which u tell will only limit on the volume of download

i.e 10Mb in Hour.

[/quote]

o yea yea mistake :P sorry :P