Back Up?

I want to have an alternative solution to writing DVDs Every week. Can any 1 Suggest some cheaper External Hard disk Drive. Approximately data to be backed up is 80 Gb

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I want to have an alternative solution to writing DVDs Every week. Can any 1 Suggest some cheaper External Hard disk Drive. Approximately data to be backed up is 80 Gb
[/quote]

my solution which i use

i used one of my old p3s and installed a bunch of hard drives in it and installed ready NAS on it

and i just back stuff on it over the network

Get an enclosure and a 80GB HDD. problem solved.

Lols

Dont got a Ps3 Either!

@Asad

Hmm , then better to spend few more k and get a proper Factory made External HDD

Hmm , then better to spend few more k and get a proper Factory made External HDD
[/quote]

Actually you can just use those few more k’s to buy a hard drive with a bigger capacity and stick it in an enclosure! Factory made doesn’t necessarily mean they’d be better.

Lols

Dont got a Ps3 Either!

@Asad

[/quote]

i meant p3 as in pentium 3 the old processor

The enclosures available here are often the cheapest possible Chinese quality, they break down fast - I have 4 which stopped working - best thing is to buy a branded one - both Seagate and Maxtor are available in multiple sizes, check the galaxy website.

Oh acha.. P3s.. yeah good idea..

2900 is the price of the 80Gb!

and 1000 for the enclosure..

will check it out in Mkt. else will buy writeable media!